Windows 10: Frequent sound trouble

Discus and support Frequent sound trouble in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't understand what the heck is wrong with my HP computer. My sound has been constantly going on and off. By this, I mean that when my sound is on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Emory H., Sep 5, 2021.

1. Emory H. Win User

Frequent sound trouble

I don't understand what the heck is wrong with my HP computer. My sound has been constantly going on and off. By this, I mean that when my sound is on, obviously, the speakers/headphones, and line-in are connected. When my sound goes off, for whatever reason, my speakers/headphones and line-in are shut off. When troubleshooting the computer, I always get the message that my devices aren't plugged in; however, this is not the case, as they have been plugged in from the very start. All three, my speakers, headphones, and line in are unaffected, and work just fine with any other device. I don't

:)

Emory H., Sep 5, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Frequent sound trouble :p

cadaveca, Sep 5, 2021
  3. Stevekir Win User
    Trouble downloading docs from web

Its certainly complex to list step-by step, as most procedures are, but easy to use once you are familiar with it. I use it frequently.

Stevekir, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Frequent sound trouble

sound trouble

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Restore drivers to default.

• In taskbar, on system tray right click on volume icon.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Under playback tab. Click on Speaker/Headphone.
    • Click on Properties tab.
    • Go to Advance tab.
    • Click on Restore to default.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the troubleshooter and check.

Method 2: Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + X key, Click on Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Frequent sound trouble

1. Frequent sound trouble - Similar Threads - Frequent sound trouble

2. i am having trouble in sound in computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am having trouble in sound in computer: no sound in computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-in-sound-in-computer/d4784fc6-1994-4fe5-83dd-30bb2fa43254
  3. i am having trouble in sound in computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am having trouble in sound in computer: no sound in computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-in-sound-in-computer/d4784fc6-1994-4fe5-83dd-30bb2fa43254
  4. Sound Trouble With Elitedesk 800 G5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Trouble With Elitedesk 800 G5: Hi. We have just bought a HP Eliteone 800 G5 Desktop Mini. When it was first connected up used we had no trouble with it at all. The next day we turned it on there was the sound coming from the desktop. This never happened the first day. With the sound coming from the desktop...
  5. Bluetooth Headphone frequently stop sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphone frequently stop sound: I connect my bluetooth heaphone which have Headphone and headset 2 output audio device. While in Teams meeting or watching youtube it works fine, but after sometime it headphone stop working. Then i have to switch the audio device and then go back to headphone to make it...
  6. Unusual and frequent sounds - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unusual and frequent sounds - Windows 10: I am experiencing numerous repetitive sounds with no luck tracking down the source. The sounds often come in pairs at random times. The sounds were more frequent this morning than previous. I have disabled all notification sounds in Setttings to no avail. I have captured...
  7. Trouble with sound in apps

Trouble with sound in apps: Dear people who are smarter than me. Recently my sound has quit and I can't find out why. I have tried some stuff with reinstalling the soundsystem but that didnt do the trick. The weird thing is that the sound in my browser does work, but in-appsounds don't. So if I open...
  8. Headset sound trouble

Headset sound trouble: How can I be able to hear myself in my Arctis 5 headset when I speak. I have Win 10 64 bit ver 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-sound-trouble/2fa84881-5fe4-4213-93fe-effa9f403172
  9. trouble with headphone sound

trouble with headphone sound: When i connect the headphone to laptop i can hear the sounds but the mush sound exist with it. i update sound driver and it fix , but after restart laptop the mush sound come back. i tried troubleshooting app , but it doesn't work....
  10. trouble with sound in Windows 10

trouble with sound in Windows 10: the troubleshooter for sound could not identify the problem although I have no sound. I reinstall Windows 10 32 bit and the sound was restored but once I signed out, the sound disappears and it comes back if I restart the computer. I ran the sfc /scannow and...