Windows 10: Frequent System Freeze and First Blue Screen

Discus and support Frequent System Freeze and First Blue Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few months, I have been encountering system freezes that require me to manually shutdown and restart a few times a week. This morning it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MalPalDuh, Jun 2, 2020.

1. MalPalDuh Win User

Frequent System Freeze and First Blue Screen

For the past few months, I have been encountering system freezes that require me to manually shutdown and restart a few times a week. This morning it happened twice in a row 10:26 am and 10:29 am shortly after rebooting. And less than an hour after that I actually go a blue screen with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I am not terribly familiar with diagnosing what piece of hardware could be failing. My build is about 5 years old and I built for gaming. I used a guide to poke around the MEMORY.DMP file and I think it suggests it's my processor Intel Core i7-4790K Quad-Core 4.0 GHz. But I'm not sure if that's what the dump file is saying.

I downloaded the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool from Intel and ran it. I get a PASS result.

I've been having issues with my system for some time and upgraded to Windows 10 in December to try and address some issues. But the issues I was having just changed. As of now the system freezes are the only issue. I have updated Windows 10 and drivers and still the issue persists.

Any help with figuring out for sure which piece of hardware I need to replace is greatly appreciated. I'd like to build a new system but money is too tight for that at the moment.

:)

MalPalDuh, Jun 2, 2020

2. Computer Freezes Then Blue Screen

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Blue Screen Problems

Hello all. I have been plagued with frequent BSODs on my main computer. (see system specs for details) I am getting "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area", or the 0x50 stop error, blue-screens.
    What I read on Google suggested that this blue-screen indicated a memory or hard drive error. I ran memtest86+, which passed, and chkdsk, which found no problems. I took all of my components down to stock clocks, and that didn't help. Does anyone have any experience or advice as to what I should try next?

BinaryMage, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Frequent System Freeze and First Blue Screen - Similar Threads - Frequent System Freeze

2. Frequent blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent blue screens: Hi,I am seeing frequent blue screens on my Win 11 device.Here are the minidumps for last 5 of them:012924-11984-01.dmp012624-13312-01.dmp011924-10531-01.dmp122823-10687-01.dmp122623-31171-01.dmpCan anyone have a look and see if there is an obvious issue like a faulty driver...
  3. Frequent blue screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent blue screens: Hello, I get frequent blue screen of deaths. This started about a month ago after I took my computer on a trip and so stopped viewing the screen using a monitor connected via an HDMI cable. I tried updating the AMD graphics card drivers but this just stopped WIndows from...
  4. Frequent Blue Screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Blue Screens: I've had a small uprade to my PC recently, I've added 16GB of RAM to the previous 16, bought a new SSD drive and new case fans. I've also changed my drives setup and reinstalled windows. After a few days I've started having frequent blue screens with ntoskrnl.exe crashing and...
  5. Frequent system crashes to blue screen

Frequent system crashes to blue screen: I recently bought a Surface Pro 7 that was factory reset. While everything seemed normal at first, I have started having frequent bsod since I have started using it. It happens anywhere between 5 minutes and 2 hours of frequency. Each bsod comes with a different error...
  6. System is freezing frequently

System is freezing frequently: My system is running very slow after windows 10 update and i can run any application or can't do any work on my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-is-freezing-frequently/1afad945-aabf-4aed-bb58-a208b5914961
  7. Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death: Hi all, I've been having some issues with my Windows 10 PC lately, and I'm hoping you can help. I get frequent blue screens when doing almost anything on my computer. It seems to come in waves sometimes, with multiple happening in one day and then none for a couple days....
  8. Intermittent Blue Screens & System Freezes

Intermittent Blue Screens & System Freezes: Hi, This is a long on going issue, I'm getting intermittent blue screens & system freezes. What I experience is what you might call a Freeze Crash then a blue screen appears after. I built a new PC and the issue has been going on for nearly a year now. The issue still...
  9. Frequent Blue Screens

Frequent Blue Screens: One of my Windows 10 (1803) systems recently starting having a spate of BSOD's. I didn't see the code for the first. The second showed a Stop Error of KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I searched around and found some advice. I ran a file scan (sfc), which reported no...
  10. Frequent blue screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Frequent blue screen: * Original title: 电脑频繁蓝屏 不知道原因,求解答 Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Users\46371\Desktop\elfinderTest\12.23\122318-12417-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only...