Windows 10: Frequent system freezes and crashes upon upgrading

Discus and support Frequent system freezes and crashes upon upgrading in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone, So I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Edition SP1 to Windows 10 today. Unfortunately, since then I have had several issues with frequent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tareyza, Sep 7, 2015.

1. tareyza Win User

Frequent system freezes and crashes upon upgrading

Hello everyone,

So I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Edition SP1 to Windows 10 today. Unfortunately, since then I have had several issues with frequent crashes that have forced me to do a forced reboot of Windows 10. My frequent, I mean sometimes up to 5 per hour when configuring settings and using Microsoft-built applications. It also frequently crashes while watching video on chrome and just idling. I've also updated to the latest nvidia graphics drivers.

During these crashes, oftentimes the system brings out a window that has a toolbar titled, "Microsoft Windows" with the message "This application is not responding...." When this happens, nothing typically works except moving the mouse on the screen. Ctrl+Alt+Del results in a completely black screen with only the white mouse cursor visible (though unfrozen).

Other times, the windows toolbar at the bottom with the start menu will be unclickable and other system applications will be completely frozen, while applications such as chrome retain full functionality for some time afterwards. However, sometimes during these crashes, chrome will be unable to refresh pages as if it were no longer connected to the internet.

For all of these crashes, I've been forced to press and long hold the power button on my laptop in order to force a shutdown. After rebooting, the computer operates as normal until the next freeze is triggered.

Some more miscellaneous info that may/may not be relevant: I have a 2012 HP dv6tqe-7000 with i7=3610qm, gt650m, 8gb 1600MHz ram, HM77 chipset, logitech G602 mouse, and samsung earbuds typically.

so my question is, what could be causing the issue, and how can I fix it? Thanks everyone!

:)

tareyza, Sep 7, 2015
  2. da83 Win User

samsung ativ se has camera issues and freezing

Is anyone else having camera issues with Samsung ativ se. It has been updated to 8.1. The camera won't open it just crashes then the phone restarts. Sometimes it works fine. It appears to be just random. Also have had phone freeze upon trying to answer
    a call and it frequently scans SD card for errors after camera crashes. Have sent phone into Samsung repair center twice only to have it sent back with no issues found. Have also contacted Samsung support and there answer was to reinstall the operating system
    which had already been done. My backup phone is a Nokia 928 which I also updated to 8.1 and it has no issues with camera or freezing. If enough people that are having the same issues complain then maybe Samsung will put an effort into fixing the problem. There
    will be no fix if they say there are no issues. Like the phone but can't put up with the unreliability.

da83, Sep 7, 2015
  3. fobulous Win User
    NEW E71 - incoming calls freezes

I have experienced the same problem. Actually before the firmware upgrade i have seen the phone freezes upon incoming call quiet frequently. This is what promptly to do the firmware upgrade. After the upgrade i rarely see it happening but it did happen last
    night when my wife tried to call me. Also, someone here mentioned that the phone would do this if the battery is half full, it is the same case here.

Other than this, this phone is a wonderful little gadget!

fobulous, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

Frequent system freezes and crashes upon upgrading

1. Frequent system freezes and crashes upon upgrading - Similar Threads - Frequent system freezes

2. Frequent Freezes and Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Freezes and Crashes: Hello all,I recently built a new PC specs at the bottom and everything was going fine for a few days, and then while playing the new Resident Evil 4 remake, I was experiencing frequent crashing, especially in certain areas. The CPU and GPU were never really being taxed at the...
  3. Frequent Freezes and Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Freezes and Crashes: Hello all,I recently built a new PC specs at the bottom and everything was going fine for a few days, and then while playing the new Resident Evil 4 remake, I was experiencing frequent crashing, especially in certain areas. The CPU and GPU were never really being taxed at the...
  4. Pc freezes/crash frequently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes/crash frequently.: Sometimes when i am using my pc it randomly freeze. The sound stop working and the screen keep showing the last image like a freeze and i can't do anything.Last time i was playing roblox and then when i went away for get a drink i found it completly freeze, i don't know any...
  5. Pc freezes/crash frequently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freezes/crash frequently.: Sometimes when i am using my pc it randomly freeze. The sound stop working and the screen keep showing the last image like a freeze and i can't do anything.Last time i was playing roblox and then when i went away for get a drink i found it completly freeze, i don't know any...
  6. Pc freezes/crash frequently.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Frequent system crashes

Frequent system crashes: I have self built dual linux/windows dual boot machine that has worked well for last few years. Recently, especially over the last month, I have had continous BSOD crashes in Windows and I can't figure out what the problem is. The crashes occur when I am not running any...
  8. System is freezing frequently

System is freezing frequently: My system is running very slow after windows 10 update and i can run any application or can't do any work on my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-is-freezing-frequently/1afad945-aabf-4aed-bb58-a208b5914961
  9. Frequent Unexpected System Crashes

Frequent Unexpected System Crashes: Split from this thread. Hello , I have same motherboard Asus X570 Wifi plus and, I have come a lot of bizarre things but i have my idea of where it comes from . Or have you already solved the problem ?. Let me know. THX...
  10. Frequent System Crashes

Frequent System Crashes: Hi internet tech wizards, I've been getting a lot of blue screens and other issues lately, and I was wondering if there was anything glaringly obvious in thisEvent Log that stands out to you folk. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...