Windows 10: Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

Discus and support Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MMujahid, Mar 2, 2024.

1. MMujahid Win User

Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link to a zip file in Google Drive containing my laptop specifications and DMP file.https://drive.google.com/file/d/16xjKfyWUsGjxpuS2_Ntoykj7FaYN_LLp/view?usp=sharingPlease let me know if anyone needs any additional information.

:)

MMujahid, Mar 2, 2024
  2. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

Redirecting

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

OneDrive

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.

Hello,

I'm using this OptiPlex 5055 Ryzen CPU desktop and have uploaded this system's specifications under the "2nd PC Spec" section of my profile.

This system often restarts itself at unexpected times, despite the fact that no resource intensive application is run on it (not even the Solitaire game in Windows 10!). Possibly the heaviest application that is run on this system is the Google Chrome Browser! Otherwise, its use is largely limited to the Microsoft Office suite.

I've disabled "Automatically restart" option under Advanced System Settings as follows:

Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD. [​IMG]

Despite this, I don't get the BSOD. The system simply restarts.

So the only option I could think of at my disposal was memory dumps (which thankfully are being created every time the system witnesses such restart!).

I used Nirsoft's BlueScreenView and got the following output:

As you can see, the culprit seems to be ntoskernel.exe.

However, a little reading over the internet suggested related to ntoskernel crash suggested that this is likely to be a drivers issue. But to my disappointment, when I validated this PC's drivers' status with Dell Command Update application, the system already had all relevant drivers installed and updated to their latest versions by Dell's standards.

I also ran the Passmark's Memtest86 testing tool on this system and no problems were reported.

I've run out of ideas at this point so I decided to create this thread.

I ran the Beta Log collector tool and the zip file is attached for your reference (please see DESKTOP-2OOD0RP-(2019-04-16_19-01-26).zip).

Kindly suggest possible issues/troubleshooting steps/solutions.

P.S.: I might be incorrect in posting this thread under the BSOD Crashes and Debugging Forum since this system isn't giving me an actual BSOD. So please let me know in case I migrate this thread to another forum.

Ten64BitUser, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

1. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD. - Similar Threads - Frequent unexpected restart

2. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.: I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link...
  3. Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart: Two behaviors are happening - sometimes I will get a BSOD. Most of the time my BSOD will say the error as dpc_watchdog_violation. Other times, my computer will be in sleep mode, and I will move the mouse/hit some keys on the keyboard to wake it up and nothing will happen. I...
  4. Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart: Two behaviors are happening - sometimes I will get a BSOD. Most of the time my BSOD will say the error as dpc_watchdog_violation. Other times, my computer will be in sleep mode, and I will move the mouse/hit some keys on the keyboard to wake it up and nothing will happen. I...
  5. Frequent BSOD with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error

Frequent BSOD with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error: Starting on October 27th, I have begun encountering frequent BSODs with the Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap error as the cause. I have used all the recommend troubleshooting approaches I have found running memtest on my RAM, assessing my SSD and HDD via a SMART, DISM's...
  6. Frequent BSOD with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error: Starting on October 27th, I have begun encountering frequent BSODs with the Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap error as the cause. I have used all the recommend troubleshooting approaches I have found running memtest on my RAM, assessing my SSD and HDD via a SMART, DISM's...
  7. Help to troubleshoot BSODs occurring daily

Help to troubleshoot BSODs occurring daily: I have been dealing with regular BSODs with various error codes for a week now and not able to pinpoint the root cause. The only major change before this happened are as below:Swapped my primary monitor 1080p 144hz to secondary, and bought a new monitor AW2721D as the new...
  8. Help to troubleshoot BSODs occurring daily

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help to troubleshoot BSODs occurring daily: I have been dealing with regular BSODs with various error codes for a week now and not able to pinpoint the root cause. The only major change before this happened are as below:Swapped my primary monitor 1080p 144hz to secondary, and bought a new monitor AW2721D as the new...
  9. BSOD occuring frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD occuring frequently: I have been hitting a BSOD with this machine very often. I have checked the drivers but can't figure out what the problem is. This occurs after a fresh install using a different hard drive as well. Can you help me figure out what may be causing this? I have uploaded the...
  10. More or less daily unexpected restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    More or less daily unexpected restarts: It seems to be a more or less daily occurrence. My computer will close and restart without warning. This seems to have no effect elsewhere. Anything router-wise is as was. May be my bad memory, but I can't think why this happens. Has anyone ideas about this, please? 47054