Windows 10: Frequent Unexpected System Crashes

Discus and support Frequent Unexpected System Crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hello , I have same motherboard Asus X570 Wifi plus and, I have come a lot of bizarre things but i have my idea of where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hardware02, May 8, 2020.

1. Frequent Unexpected System Crashes

Split from this thread.​

Hello ,

I have same motherboard Asus X570 Wifi plus and,

I have come a lot of bizarre things but i have my idea of where it comes from .

Or have you already solved the problem ?.

Let me know.

THX

:)

hardware02, May 8, 2020
  2. Payne B. Win User

Frequent Unexpected System Crashes

Hello,

Last week, I built a desktop machine and have been experiencing frequent, unexpected system crashes. The monitor will go black and any audio will be 'frozen' for 2-5 seconds before the system automatically reboots (no BSOD). These crashes occur during all
    activities, from internet browsing/game downloads, gaming, videos, and idling. Initially, the crashes were occurring every 15-20 minutes and after a GPU swap they are now occurring roughly every 2-3 hours. The longest period between crashes is roughly 6 hours,
    with the shortest being approximately 2 minutes.

Here are the system specs:

• Windows 10 Pro (1909, OS build 18363.720)
    • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    • Corsair H150i Pro 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
    • Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus (Wifi) ATX AM4 Motherboard (BIOS 1405)
    • Original GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Gaming OC
    • Replacement GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super (latest driver: 445.75)
    • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 MHz Memory
    • HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
    • Corsair RM 750w 80+ Gold ATX PSU
    • Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case
    • Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 120 Hz Monitor

After the initial series of crashes, I validated that the drivers for all hardware components listed above are up to date. I also reseated the GPU and RAM sticks.

When the crashes continued, I removed the GPU drivers using the DDU tool and reinstalled them via AMD's website. After the problem persisted, I wiped the M.2 and performed a clean Windows installation. However, the problem still persisted with the same frequency.
    After performing some research online, I was able to find a high volume of cases with similar symptoms reported from individuals utilizing AMD 5000 series GPUs. At this point, I replaced the 5700 XT with the 2070 Super detailed above (wiped AMD GPU drivers
    via DDU). In addition, I have successfully booted from each memory stick, independently, and achieved a 100% pass on the MemTest program.

I have also reviewed the Event Viewer and there is a consistent error that appears (see attached screenshot). However, I am not able to determine the root cause of the crash from this event. I have several .dmp files from recent crashes, however I do not
    see a way to post them in this message.

Frequent Unexpected System Crashes 21673523-e36e-4222-90a9-0e7a2f8d2bea?upload=true.png

I am at my wit's end - any help in getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated! Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide that would be helpful.

Thanks you

Payne B., May 8, 2020
  3. Payne B. Win User

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your reply and detailed instructions. I have re-seated the connections as you requested (no crashes yet but I will report back later once I have determining if this was successful or not).

I did confirm that the SSD is running the latest driver and firmware per the manufacturer website. I ran one pass of MemTest (I believe it took just over an hour) however I can certainly re-run through all four passes. I have searched on each manufacturer
    website for each component in hopes that I might find a solution, however I have not had much success. There are two potential root causes I have identified from my search on different forums:

1. 3700 XT 'black screen' crash (see here for reference if needed). However, I do not believe this to be a lingering issue as the
      crashes are continuing (although less frequently) after I have replaced the GPU and removed the AMD drivers.
    2. Corsair iCUE software 'black screen' crash (see here for reference if needed). While the symptoms outlined in this thread do align closely with those exhibited
      by my build, I was experiencing crashes prior to installing iCUE and have continued to experience crashes even after uninstalling (though, I have reinstalled iCUE in order to manage cooling for the stress tests) while other users in the thread reported that
      their crashes ceased after uninstalling iCUE.

Here is a link to two recent minidump files associated with the crashes I have described. When pulling these files, I did notice that the file from 4/6
    @ 0431 appears to be the last minidump generated after a crash. Upon further review, I confirmed that the system is still configured to generate minidumps; however, an entry in the event viewer after each crash after 4/6 @ 0431 states that Windows was unable
    to do so (see below).

Frequent Unexpected System Crashes ecbadf6a-bac3-420c-baa5-55b5f1e49a58?upload=true.png

I am running through the stress tests and trouble shooting tools you provided and will report back once they are finished.

Please let me know if there is additional information I can provide.

Thank you!

Payne B., May 8, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Frequent Unexpected System Crashes - Similar Threads - Frequent Unexpected System

2. Experiencing Frequent System Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing Frequent System Crashes: For the past ~2 weeks I have been experiencing increasingly frequent system crashes. According to the event viewer and WinDbg reports, the crashes are resulting from prolonged runtimes at IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. I have been attempting to identify which drivers isare...
  3. Experiencing Frequent System Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Experiencing Frequent System Crashes: For the past ~2 weeks I have been experiencing increasingly frequent system crashes. According to the event viewer and WinDbg reports, the crashes are resulting from prolonged runtimes at IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. I have been attempting to identify which drivers isare...
  4. Experiencing Frequent System Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSoD crashing system unexpectedly

BSoD crashing system unexpectedly: Hi Folks,I have been facing issue of BSoD since a while and I posted the findings here in community few days back but due to unknown reasons I stopped receiving response from the concerned person on the same.Can anybody help me on the...
  6. Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts

Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts: Hi All - ever since i have upgraded the OS Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 - my Desktop is crashing frequently and restarts. In the event viewer i notice many errors: From the application log: svchost 4544,D,22 SRUJet: A request for a node on an empty page...
  7. Frequent system crashes

Frequent system crashes: I have self built dual linux/windows dual boot machine that has worked well for last few years. Recently, especially over the last month, I have had continous BSOD crashes in Windows and I can't figure out what the problem is. The crashes occur when I am not running any...
  8. Frequent unexpected reboots

Frequent unexpected reboots: PC reboots randomly with this message in event viewer almost daily. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8057f6a7218. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  9. Frequent Unexpected System Crashes

Frequent Unexpected System Crashes: Hello, Last week, I built a desktop machine and have been experiencing frequent, unexpected system crashes. The monitor will go black and any audio will be 'frozen' for 2-5 seconds before the system automatically reboots no BSOD. These crashes occur during all activities,...
  10. Frequent System Crashes

Frequent System Crashes: Hi internet tech wizards, I've been getting a lot of blue screens and other issues lately, and I was wondering if there was anything glaringly obvious in thisEvent Log that stands out to you folk. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...