Windows 10: Frequent unexplained re-boots into BIOS.

Discus and support Frequent unexplained re-boots into BIOS. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I realise this is a very vague question but I hope some of you can give me some pointers as to where to start looking! I am using Windows 10, up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Sigurd Win User

Frequent unexplained re-boots into BIOS.

I realise this is a very vague question but I hope some of you can give me some pointers as to where to start looking!
    I am using Windows 10, up to date in every way.
    The problem is that several times this evening, when I have left the machine or one reason or another, when I come back I find it has re-booted and the BIOS screen is displaying. Saving ad exiting from that should of course go into the normal boot sequence but it doesn't - it simply boots back up to the BIOS screen. The only way round it is to carry out a cold re-boot. Then it boots up as normal to the desktop. If I leave things like that - ie don't load any app, 10-15 minutes or so later it reboots and and loads BIOS again.
    Unfortunately, I have not seen what precipitates that action. I thought it might be the screensaver but I turned that off and it hasn't helped. However in the last few weeks I have seen a couple of BSODs.
    Suggestions of what to look at would be welcome.

:)

Sigurd, Feb 20, 2021

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Feb 20, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Frequent unexplained re-boots into BIOS. - Similar Threads - Frequent unexplained boots

2. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  3. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  4. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unexplained Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unexplained Display: Hello Folks, when I connect my Doro PhoneEasy 612 mobile phone to any USB port on my Win 10 or Win 7 PC I gat as in my image. My Win 10 pc is a laptop without a disc drive.-...
  6. Unexplained dowloads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unexplained dowloads: Today, Host Process for Windows Services has downloaded 1GB with no request, permission, or explanation.I have metered broadband during the day. I do not take kindly to 10% of the month's allowance being used in this way.The two main servers involved were:...
  7. Unexplained PopFxEnforceDirectedPowerTransition crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexplained PopFxEnforceDirectedPowerTransition crash: My brand new Dell laptop with Windows 10 installed crashes every now and then in sleep mode. I can't tell from the dump file what driver is causing this. Dell blames it on Windows and is asking me to reinstall it like the reinstall will magically realign drivers. I uploaded...
  8. PC won't boot or re-boot properly - perhaps a BIOS issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't boot or re-boot properly - perhaps a BIOS issue?: I performed a Clean Install to solve this issue - but it wasn't solved. When I boot, I have two options: 1. Windows 10 2. Macrium Reflect PE Environment Sometimes I get an "Invalid Partition Table" error. Sometimes it will only boot to the Macrium Reflect PE Environment...
  9. Can I re-gain Admin access through the boot BIOS menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I re-gain Admin access through the boot BIOS menu?: Hi. I am trying to regain access to my computer that I was locked out of (on the road traveling, dont have any CDs or whatnot). I have tried all the options to reset the password, but no luck. I even (as per a guide I found) attempted to go into "Automatic Repair" and reset...
  10. Frequent restarts on BIOS - help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Frequent restarts on BIOS - help!: When switching on my PC it gets stuck in a loop of auto reboots. Here's a video which shows what I mean PC problem - YouTube This only appeared to start happening after a Win10 update was installed a few days ago but I'm struggling to see how the two can be connected as...