Windows 10: Frequent USB folder/files don't show up in taskbar

Discus and support Frequent USB folder/files don't show up in taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, How do I make windows to recognize USB files in the taskbar shortcut. If I right click notepad for example, it will never show files recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ReASonZ, Dec 8, 2020.

1. ReASonZ Win User

Frequent USB folder/files don't show up in taskbar

Hi,

How do I make windows to recognize USB files in the taskbar shortcut. If I right click notepad for example, it will never show files recently opened from my usb key even if the key is always plug into my pc.

Here is a screenshot: Screenshot - 35ca603c629e7838079a4d8a4f8e079d - Gyazo

Can someone help me on this.

thanks!

:)

ReASonZ, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Summer203 Win User

File Explorer in Win 10 taskbar not showing Recent folders

When I right-click Word or Excel in my Windows 10 taskbar, a list of recent folders appears. But when I right-click File Explorer, only Pinned and Frequent folders appear. Neither of these is as useful to me as the Recent folders. Any suggestions on how
    I can get Recent folders to appear?

Thank you.

Summer203, Dec 8, 2020
  3. steam games won't show up in program files(x86)

Hi,

We suggest that you check if the folder is hidden by following these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select
      OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Dec 8, 2020
  4. M11
    m11 Win User

Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

I've read almost all the threads related to this subject.

I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section.

I don't want Frequent Folders.

I don't want Recent Files

I'm not trying to pin "Recent Folders" to Quick Access.

I'm trying to make the jump list look like this:

Frequent USB folder/files don't show up in taskbar [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Frequent USB folder/files don't show up in taskbar - Similar Threads - Frequent USB folder

2. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  3. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  4. USB not showing up in file explorer.

USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  5. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  6. Taskbar and desktop don't show up windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and desktop don't show up windows 10: One day , when I logged on to my computer, the desktop and taskbar wouldn't show up. I opened task manager with Ctrl-Shift-Escape, and all apps seemed to be working.I've tried restarting windows explorer several times, but nothing happens. On other users, it works fine. It's...
  7. Taskbar and desktop don't show up windows 10

Taskbar and desktop don't show up windows 10: One day , when I logged on to my computer, the desktop and taskbar wouldn't show up. I opened task manager with Ctrl-Shift-Escape, and all apps seemed to be working.I've tried restarting windows explorer several times, but nothing happens. On other users, it works fine. It's...
  8. Taskbar and desktop don't show up windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Files not showing up in a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not showing up in a folder.: I wanted to get some files off my old broken laptop so i bought a hard drive to usb adapter. But when I go to G:\Users\my user\Pictures the folder is empty. is there a reason why if anyone could tell me it would be a big help....
  10. 'Save As' files don't show up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Save As' files don't show up on File Explorer: About a month ago, I couldn’t get either the Edge browser or the Windows ‘dashboard’ to come up. I thought the problem must be with Microsoft (Chrome still worked), so I called their tech hotline to get some help. The guy did solve my problems, but I noticed when I...