Windows 10: Frequent Various BSOD crashes

Discus and support Frequent Various BSOD crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, for the last 2-3 days out of nowhere the last 2-3 days my computer has been getting a variety of different BSODs. Many of which point to faulty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by levolpehh, Dec 17, 2018.

1. levolpehh Win User

Frequent Various BSOD crashes

Hello, for the last 2-3 days out of nowhere the last 2-3 days my computer has been getting a variety of different BSODs. Many of which point to faulty hardware, drivers, or memory problems. I've tried a few things including updating any outdated drivers, and restoring the computer, but it's starting back up again. My build is fairly new, got it about 2 months ago and has worked since then with no problems. I have also tried installing some anti malware stuff to see if maybe that was part of the problem. It's gotten to the point I can't even do a system update or system restore without getting a BSOD before it finishes. Today it ran perfectly fine for about 8-9 hours before dying on me, back to back. It's worked fine again the last hour or so... I've tried narrowing down the causes but I'm so lost at this point cause everything I try doesn't work. So I leave myself in your care. Thank you!

I'm getting the following Stop Errors:
    Attempted to Write Read Only
    Memory Management
    IRQL Not Less or Equal
    Kmode Exception Not Handled
    IRQL G Zero at System Service
    Bad Pool Header
    Page Fault at Nonpage Area
    PFN List Corrupt (Came up when trying to diagnose through some cmd stuff)

Computer Specs:
    SSD: SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 500GB SATA III V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-76E500B/AM

GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD 6GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Card

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR 80+ GOLD 750W

M/B: ASRock AB350 Pro4 AM4 AMD Promontory B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

Processor: AMD RYZEN 7 1800X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 95W YD180XBCAEWOF Desktop Processor

:)

levolpehh, Dec 17, 2018
  2. axe0 Win User

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

3. Smurfmans Win User
    Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Hereby the result of step 5 and 6 for Model WDC WD10

D drive

Frequent Various BSOD crashes [​IMG]

E drive

Smurfmans, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent Various BSOD crashes - Similar Threads - Frequent Various BSOD

2. Frequent BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD with various stop codes: Hi lately my computer is frequently experiencing BSOD with various stop codes such as SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and CACHE_MANAGER. I tried reading the minidump file myself but I don't really understand. Please can anyone help me analyze the problem, I would...
  3. Various BSODs, highly frequent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs, highly frequent: I've been receiving multiple BSODs frequently as of a week now. The errors seem to be varied, I've caught a few IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kernel security check failures, along with some others ntoskrnl has been the cause a lot of times. I've caught some other errors and...
  4. Various BSODs, highly frequent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BSODs, highly frequent: I've been receiving multiple BSODs frequently as of a week now. The errors seem to be varied, I've caught a few IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kernel security check failures, along with some others ntoskrnl has been the cause a lot of times. I've caught some other errors and...
  5. Frequent BSOD w/ Various Errors

Frequent BSOD w/ Various Errors: Issue:Frequent BSOD and oddly high memory usage. For example, with only Google Chrome and Windows DBG open, I'm utilizing 78% of my memory and 30-40% of my CPU. System specs are below. The issue started after I installed a new video card ~ about two years ago. I switched from...
  6. Frequent BSOD Crashes Only While Using Various Browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD Crashes Only While Using Various Browsers: My Windows10 has been crashing to reboot, or to an intermediary no-task-bar glitchy state, repeatedly.This only occurs while actively using web browsers — Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, so far. It doesn't happen when those browsers have finished loading sites and are idling, and...
  7. Frequent BSOD Crashes Only While Using Various Browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD Crashes Only While Using Various Browsers: My Windows10 has been crashing to reboot, or to an intermediary no-task-bar glitchy state, repeatedly.This only occurs while actively using web browsers — Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, so far. It doesn't happen when those browsers have finished loading sites and are idling, and...
  8. Frequent BSOD Crashes Only While Using Various Browsers

9. Frequent BSOD with various reasons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent BSOD with various reasons: Hello, I have been getting sporadic BSOD with reasons such as Memory Management or Kernel Security Checks off and on for months. I have tried everything I could find online from updating all my drivers and running the driver verifier to reinstalling windows entirely. As a...
  10. Frequent BSODs for various reasons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs for various reasons: Hi, I built myself a PC for the first time a few months back using the components below, but for some reason I keep getting BSODs daily. I've slowly started fixing the problems on my own which led to a week of no BSODs last week for the first time ever, but suddenly they're...