Windows 10: Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10 - Updated June 15, 2015

Discus and support Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10 - Updated June 15, 2015 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Very interesting quote from this MS site. Also many questions answered and takes a while. This Q&A was updated on June 15, 2015.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Phone Man, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Phone Man Win User

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10 - Updated June 15, 2015

Very interesting quote from this MS site. Also many questions answered and takes a while. This Q&A was updated on June 15, 2015.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...4-45f4b7ed2fb9

Jim *Cool

:)

Phone Man, Jun 14, 2015

2. How to activate Windows 10 after the Insider program is over?

Hello John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will certainly guide you on the concern.

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on June 2, 2015 on a similar post.

Reserve Windows 10 going from w10 technical preview?

For further queries, refer:

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Jun 14, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jun 14, 2015
  4. Phone Man Win User

This is interesting.
    Even with an ISO you have to start setup through Windows.

How to upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jun 14, 2015
  5. DavidY Win User
    Although it's a Microsoft site, my understanding is that it's a community-maintained page and therefore not necessarily the official Microsoft answers - some of it still may be speculation at this stage.

DavidY, Jun 14, 2015
  6. If that's accurate that the only possible way to upgrade is directly through 7 and 8 that's pretty significant news. It makes sense but it also runs counter to the implication given that upgrading through 10 was also possible. Like the previous poster said, it's not official Microsoft news and time will tell.

cyberrufus, Jun 14, 2015
  7. Phone Man Win User
    Yes you can upgrade from W10 TP. That is answered in the link I posted.

The site is owned my MS and moderated by MS MVP so I would trust this information before all the bloggers on other sites, but each of us can decide who to believe as more information is revealed.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jun 14, 2015
  8. Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10 - Updated June 15, 2015

It indicates the possibility of upgrading from 10, but the issue of a clean install and recovery media in that situation is about as clear as mud. All sorts of questions and contradictory information out there that still needs to be sorted out.

cyberrufus, Jun 14, 2015
  9. DavidY Win User
    If RTM is, say Build 10170, then I believe that yes you can upgrade from 10 Preview to 10 RTM just like you'd upgrade to any other build.

But I've not seen any confirmation from Microsoft that that build will activate unless you installed 10 Preview as an upgrade over a qualifying version (7/8/8.1) and it remembered the key (or it was in the Motherboard for a machine which came with 8.x).

DavidY, Jun 15, 2015
  10. groze Win User
    phone-man

Thank you for your post. This is very interesting. I was correct on somethings *Biggrin and it answers my other questions as well.

I also found this.

@DavidY
    Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

groze, Jun 15, 2015
  11. DavidY Win User
    [/quote] If you click that link and look at the full conversation on Twitter, there is an important clarification soon afterwards

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10 - Updated June 15, 2015 - Similar Threads - Frequently Asked Questions

2. June 4, 2015 Klondike not solvable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    June 4, 2015 Klondike not solvable: June 4, 2015 Klondike is not solvable. It requires earning 735 points in no more than 125 moves. I clear the board in less than 125 moves but fall short by 15 points. There is no way to earn more points as no more cards are available....
  3. Ref a question asked in 2015

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ref a question asked in 2015: Windows 10 location accuracy is poor. Question created by Howard Staples on 24th July 2015 the subsequently locked.8 years on and this is still an issue !!!!! Will it ever be rsolved. Some apps and sites that now say "May we use your location" insist we are too far away. Uber...
  4. Ref a question asked in 2015

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ref a question asked in 2015: Windows 10 location accuracy is poor. Question created by Howard Staples on 24th July 2015 the subsequently locked.8 years on and this is still an issue !!!!! Will it ever be rsolved. Some apps and sites that now say "May we use your location" insist we are too far away. Uber...
  5. Ref a question asked in 2015

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 11: SummaryWindows 11 was announced on June 24th 2021 as the next major release of the Microsoft desktop operating system. Formerly code named 'Sun Valley', Windows 11 introduces a refreshed user experience that focuses on modernizing many parts of the user interface while making...
  7. Frequently Asked Questions about the WIndows 10 Free upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Frequently Asked Questions about the WIndows 10 Free upgrade: NOTE: I have updated this post to include the most recent information as of 8/8/15. There has been a lot of misinformation, poorly communicated information, interpretation of information, re-interpretation of information, reading between the lines, reporting of said...
  8. New Security Update KB3072073 for Windows 10 June 16th 2015

in Windows 10 News
    New Security Update KB3072073 for Windows 10 June 16th 2015: [img] 7128
  9. New KB3070365 Update available for Windows 10 - June 8th 2015

in Windows 10 News
    New KB3070365 Update available for Windows 10 - June 8th 2015: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] [img] Tip How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 [img] Source: Flyouts might not open when clicking icons on the taskbar in Build 10130 of Windows 10 Insider Preview Symptoms...
  10. June 9th 2015 Windows Updates

in Windows 10 News
    June 9th 2015 Windows Updates: Today, as part of Update Tuesday, we released 8 security bulletins. We encourage customers to apply all of these updates. For more information about this month’s security updates, including the detailed view of the Exploitability Index (XI), visit the Microsoft Bulletin...