Windows 10: Frequently lose the WiFi connection

Discus and support Frequently lose the WiFi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Several times a day, the wireless connection on my Windows 10 laptop will suddenly stop working. If I check my WiFi, it tells me that there are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesFord9, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Frequently lose the WiFi connection

Several times a day, the wireless connection on my Windows 10 laptop will suddenly stop working. If I check my WiFi, it tells me that there are no wireless networks, although there should be multiple strong signals. Running the troubleshooter solves the problem after giving me these errors:

The error "The network cable is not plugged in correctly or it may be broken" makes no sense because I am connected to WiFi and therefore I do not have a network cable plugged in. The second error "Problem with the wireless adapter or access point" is very vague.

After running the troubleshooter, I can reconnect immediately to the network. However, it is very frustrating to have to do this at least once a day, usually several times.

How can I permanently stop this error?

:)

JamesFord9, Sep 5, 2019
  2. txstoby Win User

Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

My HP laptop running windows Ten has developed and annoying habit of losing the wifi connection. Often times it will not reconnect or it takes multiple attempts to get it connected. Many times, I can be right next to the router or to the personal hot spot and it will still not connect.
    Many times rebooting will allow me to reconnect, but it is happening multiple times in a day. Any suggestions?

txstoby, Sep 5, 2019
  3. x509 Win User
    Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

So about a week ago my wife bought a Lenovo Yoga 730, and of course I had to set it up, migrate all applications, settings, and data. At first, the Yoga kept losing WiFi connections, even though
    • my laptop right next to the Yoga system had no WiFi problems
    • both systems were on a desk about 2 feet away from the router

So I did a search and discovered that this system had a LOT of complaints about dropped WiFi. Most people said that they had to send the system back to Lenovo, where the WiFi board was replaced with one from a different manufacturer. But I was lucky to find a post where the guy said that Lenovo was using a driver from 2011, and that a much newer driver was available from the manufactuer's website.

So I downloaded and installed this driver, and now this laptop has a stable, reliable WiFI connection. Lucky for me, or else I would look bad to my wife. *cry

I would like to add that all the guys on this forum help me look GOOD to my wife for our home tech. *Smile

x509, Sep 5, 2019
  4. wabbles Win User

Frequently lose the WiFi connection

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Frequently lose the WiFi connection

1. Frequently lose the WiFi connection - Similar Threads - Frequently lose WiFi

2. I lose wifi connection frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lose wifi connection frequently: I lose wifi connection many times randomly, it may happen after an hour, 5 minutes ...etc,I tried nearly everything, updating drivers, troubleshoot, reseting the adapters, cmd prompt, using google dns, disabling powersaving mode, and nothing worked!should I buy a usb wifi or...
  3. I lose wifi connection frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lose wifi connection frequently: I lose wifi connection many times randomly, it may happen after an hour, 5 minutes ...etc,I tried nearly everything, updating drivers, troubleshoot, reseting the adapters, cmd prompt, using google dns, disabling powersaving mode, and nothing worked!should I buy a usb wifi or...
  4. I lose wifi connection frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Losing WiFi connection

Losing WiFi connection: Hello, I have an Asus Vivobook laptop, running on Windows 10, and I’ve recently started having problems with the WiFI. When I switch it on, I’m connected to my network. I use the internet and less than 5 minutes later, the signal drops out. When I go on to the networks...
  6. laptop losing connection with WIFI card

laptop losing connection with WIFI card: things: laptop is ASUS TUF FX705DT. runs on Win10 Home v1909 has Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC How does it behave: It sometimes goes down on its own with me just using it casually. It will most probably lose connection when I move my laptop...
  7. WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity: This just started happening maybe about 1 month ago. I'm not a novice but this one has me stumped. I have a (home built) PC with an MSI Krait Edition motherboard and a PCI ethernet card with external WiFi and Bluetooth antenna. Worked rock-solid for 3-4 years until now. Now...
  8. Losing wifi connection

Losing wifi connection: Both my laptop and PC with windows 10 have been are struggling to with connecting to wifi. It was a few weeks ago after a windows 10 update I started noticing the problem. Try contacting Microsoft tech support and they keep promising a level 2 tech support person will contact...
  9. Frequently losing WiFi Connection

Frequently losing WiFi Connection: Several times per day, the wireless connection on my Windows 10 laptop will suddenly stop working. If I check my WiFi, it tells me that no wireless networks are found, despite the fact that there should be multiple strong signals. Running the troubleshooter fixes the problem...
  10. Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection

Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection: Hi all, Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my laptop struggles to hold a strong connection (sometimes any connection at all) to my Virgin Media router. Even if I am sitting in the same room as my router, the connection is weak and often disconnects, with a connection...