Windows 10: Frequently recurring BSOD with no identified trigger

Discus and support Frequently recurring BSOD with no identified trigger in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I need help fixing a recurring BSOD. It happens every few hours on average, although the time can vary greatly. The BSOD has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by danjs256, Jan 14, 2017.

1. danjs256 Win User

Frequently recurring BSOD with no identified trigger

Hello,

I need help fixing a recurring BSOD. It happens every few hours on average, although the time can vary greatly.

The BSOD has been occurring ever since I used the "Reset this PC" feature in Windows 10. I opted not to keep any of my files because I wanted a clean install. Since getting the BSOD, I have tried repeating this process three times and the BSOD persists.

I have not identified any common cause of the BSOD. It happens even when the computer is idle with nothing more than the OS running.

My log collector files are attached.

-------------

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but since resetting the PC I've also been having issues with my mouse, similar to those reported by many users in this thread: Mouse click not working after wake up since windows 10 upgrade from - Microsoft Community

Basically the mouse tracking continues to work, but the click does not. The Windows taskbar does not do the mouseover effect when I put the mouse over pinned applications in the taskbar. The click will continue to work within Chrome and other applications, but it behaves strangely when dealing directly with the OS.

I've tried reinstalling the mouse drivers and other suggestions in that thread. The only workaround seems to be the <ctrl-alt-delete> <esc> method mentioned by some users, but this is far from ideal given the frequency of this issue (~10 minutes on average).

:)

danjs256, Jan 14, 2017
  2. TSB_2014 Win User

BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD Windows 10

I am getting BSODs with a BAD_POOL_CALLER error. I haven't been able to pin down a certain trigger (maybe having >1 user logged on, and it may be more frequent when using AutoCAD) or identify an obviously bad driver.

Minidump files and my system info are here:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...57&authkey=!AGtGG8ORMclB9RA&ithint=folder,zip

Any diagnostics will be much appreciated.

TSB_2014, Jan 14, 2017
  3. BSOD after 1511 upgrade - Bad_Pool_Caller is recurring frequently

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some third party software conflicting with system functionality.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to uninstall the third party security software as suggested by Auggy in the previous post?

I suggest you to boot the Computer in clean boot mode and troubleshoot with the issue. Check if the issue is occurring or not.

Clean boot Disclaimer:

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after
    fixing the issue.

Refer to the below link to enter into clean boot state. The below link can also be applicable to Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please get back to us with an update on BSOD issue on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 14, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

The log files are pointing to a graphics driver problem. Please update the NVidia driver. The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

The BIOS for your motherboard is also quite old and can be updated too.

philc43, Jan 15, 2017
  5. danjs256 Win User
    Hi Phil,

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try.

Daniel.

danjs256, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequently recurring BSOD with no identified trigger - Similar Threads - Frequently recurring BSOD

2. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  4. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  5. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Identify drivers that trigger test mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Identify drivers that trigger test mode: I have just upgraded my license from Windows 10 Home x64 to Pro and now get the dreaded "Test Mode" all over my main screen, and I cannot find out how to locate the root cause or permanently turn of what ever check is being carried out. It seems to pop up an hour or so after...
  7. Recurring BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recurring BSODs: Not sure if posting in the right subreddit - please advise best place to ask this if not. Now, I've recently changed the motherboard and OS drive of my system, and that meant doing a fresh install of Windows. After the install, I've been getting various BSODs. Examples...
  8. Frequent Crashes/BSODs With No Identifiable Pattern or Cause

Frequent Crashes/BSODs With No Identifiable Pattern or Cause: The computer I'm using now is the first one I ever built - I completed it about two years ago. For many months now I've had frequent crashes with no identifiable cause. There doesn't seem to be a correlation between RAM-intensive activities and crashes. Sometimes I'll only...
  9. Recurring BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR frequently but inconsistent

Recurring BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR frequently but inconsistent: I have been getting the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD for years with my PC. Over the years I have swapped out every part except for the CPU and PSU. The same BSOD keeps occuring but it seems inconsistent as to when it will happen. It happens a couple times per week, even...
  10. Recurring BSOD

Recurring BSOD: Hello :) I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC as i wanted to start fresh. Everything seem'd fine at first but playing games & have sites open seem to cause BSOD or make my computer freeze entirely. I have not had this problem before and have since turned off fast...