Windows 10: Fresh 10 build/install, random BSODs after update (0x124, 0x133)

Discus and support Fresh 10 build/install, random BSODs after update (0x124, 0x133) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on a machine I just built. Everything goes smoothly for hours until Windows 10 tells me I need to restart and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rtil, Sep 24, 2019.

1. rtil Win User

Fresh 10 build/install, random BSODs after update (0x124, 0x133)

Hello,
    I'm running Windows 10 on a machine I just built. Everything goes smoothly for hours until Windows 10 tells me I need to restart and install some updates. When the update hit 100% after restart, the machine locked up and I was forced to restart again. I then received 5 more crashes in fairly quick succession - anywhere from the login screen to a minute or two after logging in and performing normal tasks. Windows would eventually restart itself like nothing had happened, but the minidumps are there.

Something similar happened yesterday but it was more severe and so I re-installed everything from scratch on a clean disk. I'm nervous that at any moment it could happen again.

Right now I am writing this from the machine, and it's actually been running without crashing for an hour or two now - but as I don't know what is causing it and it doesn't seem to be software related, I feel like i'm on a ticking time bomb.

The V2 log is here in this Dropbox link. Here's a pastebin of the crash dumps from BluescreenView if those are any help.

Would be happy to provide anything else. PC specs are under "My Computer" tab. Thanks for your time.

:)

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Sep 24, 2019
  3. diznanl Win User
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error

Thanks, axe0

How do I explain what steps I took... I ran dm_log_collector.exe but not sure how results were actually acquired/interpreted.

I need to be able to explain steps I took and steps taken to reproduce.

Fresh 10 build/install, random BSODs after update (0x124, 0x133) [​IMG]

thanks, in advance!

diznanl, Sep 24, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

Multiple BSODs in a fresh install of Windows 10

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Fresh 10 build/install, random BSODs after update (0x124, 0x133) [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Thema:

1. Fresh 10 build/install, random BSODs after update (0x124, 0x133) - Similar Threads - Fresh build install

2. BSOD 0x124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 0x124: BSOD 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR last 5 days i have 5 BSODs - last three - after installing Windows 11, previous 2 - on Windows 10Memtest 5 and memtest86 have no errors; cpu-z and aida64 and linx have no errors with CPU, temps 45~ without stress, 80~ with stress; maximum...
  3. Random BsOD after fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BsOD after fresh Windows 10 install: I really need some help on this.AMD Ryzen 7 3600, 16GB Ram, Biostar B450MH motherboard. motherboard set to defaults.I don't have spare parts, so I want to make the best decision on what to try first.I get random BsOD with varying error messages Kernal Security Check Failure,...
  4. Random BsOD after fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BsOD after fresh Windows 10 install: I really need some help on this.AMD Ryzen 7 3600, 16GB Ram, Biostar B450MH motherboard. motherboard set to defaults.I don't have spare parts, so I want to make the best decision on what to try first.I get random BsOD with varying error messages Kernal Security Check Failure,...
  5. Random BsOD after fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSOD 0x124

BSOD 0x124: Hi there, Last monday I got a BSOD with error code 0x124. I know this normally means a hardware problem (and sometimes maybe trouble with a driver). A few facts about my PC (which I build myself): - It is relatively new (7 weeks old) - MSI Z390 Ace, nVidia GTX 1080,...
  7. BSOD randomly - 0x124

BSOD randomly - 0x124: hello *Smile well... thank you for the great forum i do really enjoy reading those tutorials and guide about the pc world I'am having bad time with my desktop trying to fix the BSOD problem so , it occurs randomly no specific time or period the thing is i was using my...
  8. Random 0x133 BSODs

Random 0x133 BSODs: My PC has started crashing almost every day with a 0x133 BSOD. Sometimes it happens when browsing the internet, sometimes when I'm not even using the computer. Sometimes the computer runs happily for several days in a row, sometimes it crashes within minutes of resuming from...
  9. Random BSOD 0x124_genuineintel_processor_cache

Random BSOD 0x124_genuineintel_processor_cache: I have been suffering from apparently random BSOD's for about 12 months. I have dissasembled and rebuilt the PC and done several clean installs. PC crashes during Games as well as simple tasks like youtube or ebay. Not apparently stress related. PC is running i7 965 at 3.2GHz...
  10. BSOD Alienware 15 R1, Error 0x124 and 0x133 hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD Alienware 15 R1, Error 0x124 and 0x133 hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe: Hello! I'm having BSOD problems like DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR caused by hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe. I'm using an Alienware 15 R1 with Intel i7 4710HQ with GTX980M and 16GB DDR3 RAM. This started somewhere around the middle of the year 2017. I've had...
Tags: