Windows 10: Fresh 10130 on Surface Pro 3 - getting stuck on downloading updates

Discus and support Fresh 10130 on Surface Pro 3 - getting stuck on downloading updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Did a fresh install on my Surface Pro 3 and trying to get the updates to run. I have seen it get stuck at 12%, 75%, etc. I have left it overnight with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mvalpreda, Jun 13, 2015.

1. mvalpreda Win User

Fresh 10130 on Surface Pro 3 - getting stuck on downloading updates

Did a fresh install on my Surface Pro 3 and trying to get the updates to run. I have seen it get stuck at 12%, 75%, etc. I have left it overnight with nothing running and wake up in the morning to find it in the same place percentage wise. I check the internet usage and it is zero, but the internet works.

I have checked for a metered connection - it's off
    Deleted Download under SoftwareDistribution, restarted computer, Windows update, etc

Never seems to finish. Any other thoughts?

:)

mvalpreda, Jun 13, 2015

2. system hardware 5/14/15 not installing

Surface pro 3. I have tried going from fast to slow back to fast.... and it won't install..a.preview. 10130. is the last preview...thanks

Bill from Alturas, Jun 13, 2015
  3. Dexman Win User
    Windows 10 Email App: All Accounts Are Not Auto-Polling.

Liezl,

I have executed that very same procedure numerous times (as noted in my initial post). The reset only forces a sync that one and only time. The Surface Pro 3 is not polling automatically despite all of the accounts being optioned to check every 15 minutes.
    As I also noted, outgoing Emails are getting stuck in the Outbox. The only way to dislodge them is to execute the app reset.

Both of these problems appear to be related.

Please review my opening post to see what I have done. The fact that fresh downloads of Windows 10 Pro does NOT resolve the issue leads me to suspect that this is a software issue/bug, which was introduced with the Anniversary update.

As things stand right own, the Email app is unusable on the Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro.

The app does work properly on my Surface 3 which is running Windows 10 Home.

Dexman, Jun 13, 2015
  4. Phone Man Win User

On my system with same problem I stopped Windows Update service then removed the entire SoftwareDistribution directory and then Windows Update worked fine.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jun 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Fresh 10130 on Surface Pro 3 - getting stuck on downloading updates - Similar Threads - Fresh 10130 Surface

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Surface Pro 3 not getting latest update to 1903 ...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 3 not getting latest update to 1903 ...: Hi! Has anyone got any information as to why my Surface Pro 3 is not getting the latest update to Windows 1903 ? Kind Regards, Alan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-not-getting-latest-update-to-1903/09de1b9f-00fa-4a92-841a-02b1f5a024d3
  5. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  6. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  7. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  8. Surface pro 3 driver_powe_state_failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 3 driver_powe_state_failure: I would love to get some help with surface pro 3 restarting in sleep mode. After waking up from sleep, surface is fully restarted. This happens once in 2-3 days. I have LG25UM and Unitek USB3 with Gigabit Etherner HUB connected and surface is plugged in. I attached SF...
  9. September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3

in Windows 10 News
    September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3: We have new updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book and Surface 3 devices. Click the links below to go to the specific location for your device on the Download Center. At the Download Center, click Details then click + More to see all available downloads for the device. For...
  10. Microsoft to update Surface Pro 3 firmware...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to update Surface Pro 3 firmware...: Patch Tuesday came and went last week with no firmware updates for any of the four Microsoft Surface tablets. [img] On November 17, Microsoft officials shared a list of updates it planned to issue for the Intel-based Surface Pro 3, but didn't specify exactly when they'd...