Windows 10: Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install

Discus and support Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was experiencing a BSOD during Windows 10 Pro x64 installation on a freshly built computer, the installation would get to 80% – 100% and BSOD with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cedmo8, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Cedmo8 Win User

Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install

I was experiencing a BSOD during Windows 10 Pro x64 installation on a freshly built computer, the installation would get to 80% – 100% and BSOD with a variety of errors, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

After about 10 attempts with different UEFI settings disabled (Intel NIC, XMP Disabled, Updated UEFI, etc) the install stuck and I was able to load into windows thought this was pure chance.
    In its current state the OS boots up fine and I can log in but I have about 1 – 2 minutes before I get a BSOD, the dump files for all BSODs after installing windows are attached.

I have tried:

• Checking CPU temperature (32 Degrees C)
    • Updating MB UEFI
    • Disabling and disconnecting NICs as I found several threads on google identifying Intel NIC drivers as a possible cause
    • Reseating all hardware and power cables
    • Removing each stick of RAM in turn
    • Installing from UEFI and Legacy
    • Different media (VL image, Media Creation Tool Image)
    • Installing from USB3 & USB2 Ports
    • With and without XMP
    • Installing Chipset drivers in the ~1 minute I have in the OS
    • Uninstalling video drivers in the ~1 minute I have in the OS as I remember hearing about significant issues with Windows 10 and nVidia Drivers
    • Installing latest nVidia Drivers in the ~1 minute I have in the OS
    • Uninstalling the Intel NIC Drivers in the ~1 minute I have in the OS
    • Removing DISK2 (WD Red 2TB)

And I have now reached the point where I am running out of troubleshooting options, I do not have any spare components to trial and error with except a spare GTX 660 & on-board graphics and another power supply.

I have a few things I plan to try next from reading the forums

• Disable all but 1 core to highlight a CPU fault if any
    • Manually set DRAM configuration instead of relying on XPM
    • Install a different operating system to help identify if hardware or driver related

My System Specs are as follows:

• Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1
    • CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K, S 1151 (Stock Speeds)
    • GFX: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0
    • RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-24000 (3000), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 15-17-17-35, XMP 2.0, 1.35V (CMK32GX4M2B3000C15) I have just learned that this memory is not listed in the Qualified Vendors List for my Motherboard, an oversight on my part at the time of purchase, perhaps the cause? (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...270.1471941926)
    • PSU: 650W Corsair RM650x Series
    • OS Windows 10 Pro x64 1607
    • DISK: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III
    • DISK2: (WD Red 2TB)

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Edit (32/08/2016 9:28PM) After a depressing amount of trial and error I have found that if I quickly load into Windows and use the msconfig tool to disable the 'power' service the BSODs stop, I have now gone for for 30 mins without a BSOD and have been able to install software and nVidia Drivers which was a sure fire way to trigger a BSOD before, A bizarre situation to be sure with a catch 22 workaround, I imagine the root cause will be driver related.

For the time being I wont mark the issue as solved yet as my workaround has completely disabled the power management of the operating system, so no power-saving of sleep functionality.

I will keep this post updated with my experiences over the next little while and if someone does get a chance to look at the minidumps I would still care to know the ultimate cause if there is one to be found.

:)

Cedmo8, Aug 22, 2016
  2. McManamay Win User

BSoD UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Ok we removed that one and now it's crashing with CMUAC.sys BSoD and another one rzudd.sys BSoD. Would a fresh Windows install be better than all of this?

McManamay, Aug 22, 2016
  3. BSOD after fresh install W10

If it contains an inf file it must be really old. What is the date on the files?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 22, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Cedmo8,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please try to run the DM Log Collector again, certain files are corrupted (empty) which are necessary for analysis.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install [​IMG]

Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install [​IMG]

5. Cedmo8 Win User
    Sorry for the delay in updating this thread, things have been running stable for a month now with the Power service disabled & not one BSOD has occurred since.

I am still very curious as to the cause as I will run into this issue again when I next reinstall.

I have run DM Log Collector again as requested and the results are attached and I have updated my system specs to include PSU and peripherals.

Cedmo8, Sep 20, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I've looked at a few dumps, only 1 blames the Nvidia display driver.

You may want to reinstall the Intel software, the reason being a service that is corrupted,
    Code: Intel(R) Security Assist Helper isaHelperSvc Stopped Auto Own Process "c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel(r) security assist\isahelperservice.exe" Normal LocalSystem 0 Event[4964]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2016-09-14T22:35:50.493 Event ID: 7000 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Clint-PC2 Description: The isaHelperSvc service failed to start due to the following error: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.[/quote]
    This service controls the power policy and notifications, I'm wondering if you can change a setting in the power options without any problem.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Hardware

2. BSOD - New machine, fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - New machine, fresh install: New computer, fresh install, and I'm getting strange behavior.I've had 3 random reboots without any warning and 2 bluescreens with logs below.You can find the dump logs here:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoGRdkH-FEyKr3k-qNhYn6TTJMAM?e=6n6qPrAny help appreciated....
  3. BSOD - New machine, fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - New machine, fresh install: New computer, fresh install, and I'm getting strange behavior.I've had 3 random reboots without any warning and 2 bluescreens with logs below.You can find the dump logs here:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoGRdkH-FEyKr3k-qNhYn6TTJMAM?e=6n6qPrAny help appreciated....
  4. Persistant BSOD even with fresh install

Persistant BSOD even with fresh install: Been struggling with this issue for months with no solution. Happens basically every while playing Warzone 2.0 PC freezing and then eventually will Blue screen.Here is the Minidump************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  5. Persistant BSOD even with fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistant BSOD even with fresh install: Been struggling with this issue for months with no solution. Happens basically every while playing Warzone 2.0 PC freezing and then eventually will Blue screen.Here is the Minidump************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on fresh Windows 11 install with new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on fresh Windows 11 install with new hardware: Hello all. For the last several weeks, since doing a rather large upgrade to my machine and installing a fresh copy of Windows 11, I have been plagued by BSODs at least once a day, always the same issue. I have followed some of the other instructions I have found on this site...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on fresh Windows 11 install with new hardware

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on fresh Windows 11 install with new hardware: Hello all. For the last several weeks, since doing a rather large upgrade to my machine and installing a fresh copy of Windows 11, I have been plagued by BSODs at least once a day, always the same issue. I have followed some of the other instructions I have found on this site...
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on new hardware with fresh windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on new hardware with fresh windows install: Hello all, I am getting a bit desperate, I really hope someone could help me come think of anything I haven't tried yet. Long story short: Got a new system 3 weeks ago: Mainboard: Asus X570-Plus TUF GAMING Memory: G.Skill 32 GB DDR4-3600 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN, Trident Z...
  9. Constant BSODs; Persisting after fresh windows install

Constant BSODs; Persisting after fresh windows install: My computer keeps getting bluescreens for with a multitude of error codes. The most common being IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and always from either ntoskrnl.exe or ntfs.sys. I have tried formating the drive and doing a fresh install of windows. I...
  10. BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions.

BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions.: I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 into my sons' PC and started getting blue screens last week. I formatted the drive and loaded Win10 from the software creation tool on a USB drive. They seemed to go away after a couple of days, so I hoped the situation corrected...