Windows 10: Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops

Discus and support Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Ever since it was installed my wired ethernet connections has been randomly dropping. I have Broadcom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pareod, Aug 2, 2015.

1. pareod Win User

Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Ever since it was installed my wired ethernet connections has been randomly dropping. I have Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet under Device Manager Network Adapters.

:)

pareod, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 Enterprise Ethernet Connection Drops?

I just installed and plugged in a new Windows 10 Enterprise HP box into our network and it is intermittently dropping and reconnecting the Ethernet connection. It is not reliable.

Suggestions?

hector santos, Aug 2, 2015
  3. ESENT flush - Ethernet internet connection drops after every 75min.

i've check those wrong path problem from powershell

for me, path seems fine.

so these issue could be got multiful case and causes.. still in mystery..

if it's only related on connection issues, then try check any connection filters from Antivirus likes.

and then try reset the network adaptor settings.

1337bignose, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops

Exact same issue. Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate

jwilliams1771, Aug 3, 2015
  5. kalas72 Win User
    Install the latest driver from Ethernet NIC NetLink 57xx | Broadcom

I also unchecked "Allow this computer to turn off device to save power" under power management in device manager.

kalas72, Aug 3, 2015
  6. kalas72 I did install the latest driver late last night and also unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn off device to save power".

I am hoping this corrects this issue for me. It appears that I am using the same computer as you have listed in specs so I hope it works.

Thanks

jwilliams1771, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Skalli Win User
    If your router supports it, you can always also try to switch from 20 MHz to 40 MHz in the router settings. That, in combination with the mentioned power settings, helped quite a few times.

Skalli, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Mesh Win User

For the past 2 weeks (after upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Pro), I've also been trying to sort this Broadcom Ethernet Driver/network issue which has been intermittent at best.
    I tried to install the drivers from the NIC link above, but during install, it didn't include a setup .EXE file (x64 bit, version 17.2.0.0.....I'm not at my machine right now, but IIRC, there were only 3-5 files included in the download). I've been toggling/Rolling back to an older driver (from the AsRock site))when I lose connection, but get the same issue after every 10-15 minutes.

I have an ASUS 802.11ac router which I switched from Auto to 20/40/80 MHz which seemed to slightly improve the connection, but still having dropouts.

I noticed that I only have my Broadband Ethernet Network (no Wi-Fi) adapter available in Device Mgr. and I'm not sure how to setup a Wi-Fi to even try that route (I believe my MB does support it) . *Sad

I just want to have the great internet connection (without any hiccups) I had with Win 8.1, and don't want to revert back to 8.1 (I do like Win 10). This issue is the only one I'm having with Win 10.
    Of note, I read somewhere that if I install the Win 8.1 drivers in Compatibility Mode, that might work......I'm not sure how to go about this though....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mesh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Ethernet

2. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  3. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  4. Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection: I have two network point at the office that when we have upgrade the pc's from win7 to win10. It wont be able to reach the Domain. It either won't have internet connection or it will be dropping intermittently. Troubleshooting: 1 New patching and cabling 2 Drivers...
  5. RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet: I have the following setup: 2 x windows 10 and 1 X windows 7 computers connected to the same router through cable having 192.168.0.1 as the router gateway. win7-box: 192.168.0.38 win10-box1: 192.168.0.211 win10-box2: 192.168.0.24 I am connecting from win7-box, which I'm...
  6. USB ethernet constantly drops connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ethernet constantly drops connection: I have a Dell Inspiron running W10 64bit and am trying to use an Anker USB to gigabit ethernet adapter. It CONSTANTLY drops connection repeatedly for no reason! The interval between dropouts can be 30 minutes or more when idle, or every few seconds when active. I've...
  7. Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping

Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping: Suddenly for NO REASON Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility comes back and gives a DNS error. I can ping out by IP address, I can ping the router- I CAN'T send a browser to the router's internal address for management-...
  8. Ethernet connection drops

Ethernet connection drops: I am having problems with my internet connection for my PC. The connection is via an Ethernet connectiion to the modem, not via Wi-Fi. Occasionally, the connection will drop and the only way I can re-connect is by restarting the PC. The problem is not with the modem (which...
  9. Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops: I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every...
  10. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection: This has been driving me nuts for months, please help! I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping all drivers up to date too. I'm trying to use ethernet rather than WiFi for gigabit speeds across my network, however, the...