Windows 10: Fresh install issue

Discus and support Fresh install issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by manglehart, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Fresh install issue

I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running on either the old drive or the new drive? I have installed a new hard drive WD_BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD, 1TB on my laptop HP Envy x360 15-cp0008ca leaving the old hard drive installed. I downloaded the windows install media and booted it from USB. When I get to the "where do you want to install windows" window I have the following. Just an after thought, I am not sure it has anything to do with it but I also installed RAM and

:)

manglehart, Mar 23, 2022

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Mar 23, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 23, 2022
  4. Fresh install issue

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Mar 23, 2022
Thema:

Fresh install issue

1. Fresh install issue - Similar Threads - Fresh install issue

2. Audio issues with fresh install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issues with fresh install: Fresh install of windows 10. I only get audio to work when i uninstall my audio drivers and restart. However, if I shut down without uninstalling drivers I get no audio on my next startup. It shows that sound is playing in the volume mixer, but there is no output. Usually...
  3. Audio issues with fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues with fresh install: Fresh install of windows 10. I only get audio to work when i uninstall my audio drivers and restart. However, if I shut down without uninstalling drivers I get no audio on my next startup. It shows that sound is playing in the volume mixer, but there is no output. Usually...
  4. Audio issues with fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fresh install issue

Fresh install issue: I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running on either the old drive or the new drive? I have installed a new hard drive WD_BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD, 1TB on...
  6. Fresh install issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install issue: I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running on either the old drive or the new drive? I have installed a new hard drive WD_BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD, 1TB on...
  7. Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with taskbar on fresh instal: I've just installed windows 10 on a new PC. At first I didn't get any audio, but a couple resets and driver reinstals did the trick. However, I've noticed that a couple of fairly important things are not working:Start menu Search optionAlt+TabCalendar pop-up the little window...
  8. Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

Issues with taskbar on fresh instal: I've just installed windows 10 on a new PC. At first I didn't get any audio, but a couple resets and driver reinstals did the trick. However, I've noticed that a couple of fairly important things are not working:Start menu Search optionAlt+TabCalendar pop-up the little window...
  9. Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Fresh install issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install issues: Hi all, I'm having a hell of a job trying to get Windows to install & have got to the point where it's patently obvious that I need some help. I've just swapped out my main hard disc for a 500GB M.2 & am trying to install a fresh copy of W10 onto the thing, easy enough, I...