Windows 10: Fresh install needed but no OEM disc

Discus and support Fresh install needed but no OEM disc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win 10 Home Ver 1903 Build 18362.778 No disc because this Dell didn't come with one. This has been my main desktop since Dec 2013. The OS has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Edith Massey, May 29, 2020.

1. Fresh install needed but no OEM disc

Win 10 Home Ver 1903 Build 18362.778

No disc because this Dell didn't come with one. This has been my main desktop since Dec 2013. The OS has developed strange system problems* that I'm afraid might transfer over to an upgrade.

Today's question is: I'd rather do a clean install on a virgin SSD, but will MS allow that if it can't see any previous version info? Due to the current economic situation, I'd rather not buy a new machine or another copy of Windows. I already paid for it when I bought the machine.

* An example: Windows Security Center has disappeared and nothing has been able to bring it back. SFC finds nothing wrong.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Edith Massey, May 29, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Possible to make an OEM disc?

I believe the OEM information is branded into the installation on the OEM disc, so the OEM code type has to match the particular OEM disc. No idea how to get around that.

I have tried a non-OEM disc with an dell OEM activation - as you know, it doesn't work. Called dell, they shipped me the disc for free. (yes it was for a system with a COA on it.)

On a side note, there was an \OEM directory that contains all the DELL spyware, DRM rootkits and shitware that goes with the installation. I made a copy of the CD with the \OEM directory removed and got a clean install.

Sasqui, May 29, 2020
  3. MIEKGALL Win User
    Windows10 clean install on OEM

Hi Andre Da Costa, that is by far the best answer so far Fresh install needed but no OEM disc :)

however, it still does not answer the question, brand new never installed out of box OEM system with the ability to install the OEM software that I know will activate.

I want to know if the windows 10 download from Microsoft will activate via the BIOS key.

here is the theory:

• Windows10 OEM systems come with a BIOS locked key, this theoretically will activate
    • any previously installed and Activated Windows 10 will automatically Activate from a Fresh install on the same hardware. this has been tested and is 100% accurate!
    • I can install a Fresh Windows 10 on an OEM system, however the OEM EULA does not apply and the OEM does not have to support the software therefore are not obligated to assist with activation
    • as this is an OEM system Microsoft are not obligated to assist with activation.
    • once a system boots and fails activation, it will no longer activate, theory being if neither the OEM nor Microsoft are obligated to activate the product you now have a non usable product
      as far as Windows goes.
    step 5 is the reason I am not willing to actually just try it, both Lenovo and HP "support" waffle and advise to install the OEM, I just want to avoid the OEM install step prior to doing the Fresh Windows 10 install.

MIEKGALL, May 29, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

Fresh install needed but no OEM disc

Possible to make an OEM disc?

I'm really sick of having to activate on computers I don't have the oem discs for..

Is it possible to make a HP/ IBM/ Gateway etc oem disc, after I get that figured out I get to get them setup for unnatended install. I'm lazy.... *Oh Well Fresh install needed but no OEM disc :eek:hwell:

niko084, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Fresh install needed but no OEM disc

1. Fresh install needed but no OEM disc - Similar Threads - Fresh install needed

2. Windows corrupted need fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows corrupted need fresh install: Hello, recently my windows seem to be corrupted due to abrupt power outage and needs to do a fresh install to a new windows. My question is I have a Windows 10 upgraded from a Windows 8, and now will do a Windows 10 fresh install. Am I able to active this new Windows with my...
  3. Windows corrupted need fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows corrupted need fresh install: Hello, recently my windows seem to be corrupted due to abrupt power outage and needs to do a fresh install to a new windows. My question is I have a Windows 10 upgraded from a Windows 8, and now will do a Windows 10 fresh install. Am I able to active this new Windows with my...
  4. Windows corrupted need fresh install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Make a recovery disc, but fresh install, not in its present state

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make a recovery disc, but fresh install, not in its present state: I have a PC with 1809 running on it. I would like to create an ISO disc with 1809 which does not appear to be available from Microsoft. If I create a recovery disc using this PC, will it create a fresh 1809 install disc or one with all the warts of its present condition? Or...
  6. HELP!! Fresh install of Windows 10 (1511 disc) and WILL NOT UPDATE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP!! Fresh install of Windows 10 (1511 disc) and WILL NOT UPDATE: A couple years ago, around the turn into 2016, I built a gaming pc and purchased windows 10 on disc for it. Installing it then was a breeze and had 0 issues. Recently I decided to go ahead and build a newer up to date rig, especially with the release of RDR2 on PC, had to get...
  7. I need help with fresh install

I need help with fresh install: My computer was not running my games well, so i tried installing new drivers. (I have a Gtx 970) The driver completely messed up my native resolution from 1600x900 to 1600x1200. I went into device manager and uninstalled the driver, and restarted so i could get the default...
  8. Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive): hi, i need help on windows 10 OEM installation. So i bought SSD and want to install it on my laptop. i have the Windows 10 Home single language OEM key installed. the question is how can i install windows on the SSD with oem key? do i need the Windwos 10 Home Single language...
  9. need to install fresh clean windows

need to install fresh clean windows: Hi , How can I install a fresh windows in my PC. I don't have a disc or something ,when I tried with restore option it asks for disc mediums . since it is a licensed version how can I get to install windows...
  10. Consensus- deploy OEM imaged machine or Fresh Install

Consensus- deploy OEM imaged machine or Fresh Install: So I have a freshly minted Tier1 who is 6 months into her "new" IT career(never worked in IT previously) who is arguing that taking a new system out of the box and doing an Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro is the more expedited and in her words, "less redundant" method to...