Windows 10: Fresh install of latest Windows 10. Will sometimes freeze everything, requiring a restart

Discus and support Fresh install of latest Windows 10. Will sometimes freeze everything, requiring a restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently had to reinstall the latest Windows 10 Professional after my last one somehow got horribly corrupted. Ever since I did this new install,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hunterdust, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Fresh install of latest Windows 10. Will sometimes freeze everything, requiring a restart

I recently had to reinstall the latest Windows 10 Professional after my last one somehow got horribly corrupted. Ever since I did this new install, every so often, maybe twice a week, I find all my running programs frozen. This usually, but not always, happens shortly after I boot. Like within the first 10 minutes. Everything will be fine, I will be on various browsers, etc. and then they all freeze. I can't click anywhere in the browser, now can I switch between open apps. I can't get to the task manger either by Right Click or Ctrl/Alt/Del. The mouse pointer moves fine. In fact, if my open windows are such that I can still see something on my desktop, I can click it to open it. However, it IMMEDIATELY becomes unresponsive as well once it opens. So I have to restart. Even this is strange behavior because I have a shortcut key on my keyboard that I have mapped to Restart. And that works. In fact, that is the ONLY way I can do it since I can't click on the Start menu. But the fact that it works at all suggests it can't be that Windows is totally unresponsive. But all programs opened freeze and new ones freeze as soon as opened.

I have never had this happen before, even on my previous installation that obviously got corrupted somehow. I don't know what causes it, so I can't recreate it at will. I generally open the same programs to start, so it doesn't seem likely that it is some weird interaction between them.

:)

hunterdust, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 13, 2020
  3. dbldee Win User
    Freezes on restart

Device is up to date, however from either the Start menu or Command prompt Windows freezes at manufacturer splash screen on restart, requiring hard shutdown,
    This returns even after clean install of Windows 10

suggestions or recommendations *Sick

dbldee, Oct 13, 2020
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Fresh install of latest Windows 10. Will sometimes freeze everything, requiring a restart

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Fresh install of latest Windows 10. Will sometimes freeze everything, requiring a restart

1. Fresh install of latest Windows 10. Will sometimes freeze everything, requiring a restart - Similar Threads - Fresh install latest

2. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.: After I reinstalled windows 10 in my desktop and after it boots up it takes 1-2 min to either restart my system or freeze and become completely unresponsive. I have tried most fixes on the internet and nothing has worked this far and I'm getting very desperate. I need ideas....
  3. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.: After I reinstalled windows 10 in my desktop and after it boots up it takes 1-2 min to either restart my system or freeze and become completely unresponsive. I have tried most fixes on the internet and nothing has worked this far and I'm getting very desperate. I need ideas....
  4. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  6. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  7. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 fresh install freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install freezing: Hello, so I have build a new pc for my girlfriend im installing windows 10 with the media creation tool via usb. The beginning goes well enough, but once it restarts the pc it freezes before it finishes booting. I have installed with 2 separate drives same problem, I have...
  9. Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed

Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed: Hello, My desktop has been constantly freezing and sometimes giving me BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR within minutes of window startup. It seems to operate normally in safe mode. What troubleshooting steps can I perform to fix this issue? Desktop Spec. CPU: G4560...
  10. Windows 10 Keeps Freezing and Requires a Restart

Windows 10 Keeps Freezing and Requires a Restart: When is the issue of the system just freezing literally everyday at random going to be fixed? You are forced to do a manual (forced) shut down and restart and it is extremely annoying and should not be happening with a company the size of Microsoft. And yes, all updates are...