Windows 10: Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

Discus and support Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok, so first mistake was not using an up to date USB image to create the machine. This being a Lenovo M900 Tiny that was being re-purposed for a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bill Kearney, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

Ok, so first mistake was not using an up to date USB image to create the machine. This being a Lenovo M900 Tiny that was being re-purposed for a new setup. I had a Win10Pro x64 installer setup on a USB stick and figured, ah, what the heck, let's just use that. Not the right choice but I could see others making this same mistake.It started with 20H2. Everything seemed to go OK until it hit KB50001716 and threw error 0x80070643. The update history said it successfully installed it, but then also said it failed doing what looks like trying to install it again.Looooong story short, I fixed it

:)

Bill Kearney, Nov 11, 2022

2. Now wouldn´t that b a cool feature...

Hi,

I just read an article in the new Linux magazine on the use of Ramdisks. Using those as a file system can drastically speed up read and write performance. That would be a cool feature to build in the OS of mobile phones that hold a memory card anyway, wouldn´t
    it. Then saving a large Excel sheet wouldn´t take ages as it does now (on my E61 anyway), but just a few seconds...

Regards,

hendikoischnur, Nov 11, 2022
  3. in other words dual boot W10PRO ... one key w10pro.

dual boot... one key w10pro.

I have a tricky Q

I have two bays/drives HDD (C:/ w10pro 650GB+ T:/ 350GB) +( D:/ 500GB) currently

if take the D:/ out AND IN ITS PLACE put SSD and install W10Pro (same key as C:/ - is upgrade from 8.1 pro needs key???) on SSD

can boot choose on turn on of PC either from C:/ or from SSD???

in other words
    dual boot W10PRO ... one key
    w10pro.

IF CAN, HOW FIND KEY W10PRO IN CURRENT???

Lse123polis, Nov 11, 2022
  4. Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

download here - can upgrade 10122 -> 10162... NOT fresh install?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-download

download here - can upgrade 10122 -> 10162... NOT fresh install?

Same applies to W10pro official release >>> can download ISO - burn DVD - and upgrade... either W10pro preview or W8.1?

Lse123polis, Nov 11, 2022
Thema:

Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

1. Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix - Similar Threads - Fresh install W10Pro

2. my Windows 10 computer wouldn't upgrade to W11, but a fresh install worked and I have a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my Windows 10 computer wouldn't upgrade to W11, but a fresh install worked and I have a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tdukie13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yzq5aa/my_windows_10_computer_wouldnt_upgrade_to_w11_but/
  3. Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix: Ok, so first mistake was not using an up to date USB image to create the machine. This being a Lenovo M900 Tiny that was being re-purposed for a new setup. I had a Win10Pro x64 installer setup on a USB stick and figured, ah, what the heck, let's just use that. Not the right...
  4. Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix: Ok, so first mistake was not using an up to date USB image to create the machine. This being a Lenovo M900 Tiny that was being re-purposed for a new setup. I had a Win10Pro x64 installer setup on a USB stick and figured, ah, what the heck, let's just use that. Not the right...
  5. No Bootable Device Found After Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Bootable Device Found After Fresh Install: I recently clean-installed Windows 10 after finding myself booting into a black screen with cursor post-login after having ran the memory diagnostic tool, and later getting a "No Bootable Devices Found" error after various unsuccessful repair attempts. Clean-installing...
  6. Second display not found after fresh install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second display not found after fresh install: I have an LG monitor attached via an HDMI to VGA adapter. This has always worked fine either on "Duplicate" or "Extend" settings from the laptop. I have just put a new hdd in the laptop and done a fresh install of windows, updated all the drivers etc. Version 10.0.18363...
  7. Fresh install, upgraded license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh install, upgraded license: Hello, I am current running on Windows 10 Pro, upgraded from Windows 7 Pro Retail. I am going to make a fresh install Win 10, but with which Product Key will I need to use to active (Windows 7)? Or do I have to install Windows 7 first (and upgrade to Windows 10 again)?...
  8. upgraded wouldn't activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgraded wouldn't activate: I upgraded wouldn't activate, did a delete everything restore and still doesn't activate? Last four digits are not my Windows 8.1 key? 9356
  9. Will it be upgrade first then Fresh Install

Will it be upgrade first then Fresh Install: hi if i missed the article on upgrading please forgive, when win 10 is finally available, i want to do a fresh install, so does that mean when it comes out i have to update first to get my license then start all over again to install a fresh copy? i always imaged my previous...
  10. W8pro to W10pro.

W8pro to W10pro.: I have an available W8pro key, this comp was bought with 10Home installed. Is it possible to load 8pro then upgrade to 10pro? 90176