Windows 10: fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions

Discus and support fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi After a fresh install of Win10 on SSD, I have no system reserve/recovery partitions on C: - Is this an issue? I am experiencing freezes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GregHodge1, Sep 3, 2020.

1. fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions

Hi

After a fresh install of Win10 on SSD, I have no system reserve/recovery partitions on C: - Is this an issue?

I am experiencing freezes and boot problems after the freeze until I remove all the drives.

I have 2 other SATA HDD's which were not connected at the time of fresh install on SSD.

The freezes only seem to occur when my other drives are connected 3 x SATA in use. I have tried a combination of the drives being plugged in, but the freezes appear when only all 3 or connected.
    I have ran error checks and defragged all devices, and the drives were all formatted before the fresh install.

Does the lack of the partitions and freezes have any correlation? Or is one of the drives causing problems only when all drives are connected?

thanks

:)

GregHodge1, Sep 3, 2020
  2. poolmon Win User

Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition

I forced reinstalled my windows 10 after my boot got corrupted by deleting linux on dual boot.

Now I used diskpart to wipe my SSD before I began installation. When the Win10 installation is finished. I noticed that I have Recovery and EFI Partitions on Disk management. I'm expecting System Reserved Partition because based on some forums, you can only
    get System Reserved Partition if you successfully clean installed the windows 10.

so that I think I believed that I didn't clean install my Windows 10 because im getting Recovery and EFI partitions.

Please help how to can i get only System Reserved Partition not Recovery and EFI.

fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions 547c4c3b-b3ad-4f74-ae24-cfc81eaa523c?upload=true.png

Gid'-alert(1)-', Sep 3, 2020
  4. chuckpen Win User

fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions

Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

As this is thread is same conversation I will post my MiniTool findings. I run MiniTool and see a hidden 16mb SRP. I also have a 499mb recovery partition, a 100MB fat32 partition, and a 465gb C: drive partition. I am unable to Install Win 10 service pack 1809 with the complaint being "We couldn't update the system reserve partition". All on a new Samsung 860 SSD with Win10 installed from the web.

So, looking for careful next steps. Thinking just shrink main C: partition for room and expand the little SRP to the 500MB.

Before I go rooting around MiniTool PW to get it done I wanted to see if there are any other thoughts, guidance(s), that type deal. thanks all!

chuckpen, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions

1. fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions - Similar Threads - fresh install Win10

2. Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...: So I had to restore my system with a clean install I was unable to restore an image from my old hard drive there are now 3 drives windows tries to include in the image those drives are of course the main drive C partitions of 500GB with 399GB free there's a system reserve...
  3. Remove Old SSD System Reserved and Recovery Partitions to New SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Old SSD System Reserved and Recovery Partitions to New SSD: Hello,I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 onto a new m.2 SSD and I noticed that my System Reserved and Recovery partitions were still present and active on my old boot SSD Disk 1. I wasn't able to delete them through Disk Management or through an elevated powershell,...
  4. Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition: I forced reinstalled my windows 10 after my boot got corrupted by deleting linux on dual boot. Now I used diskpart to wipe my SSD before I began installation. When the Win10 installation is finished. I noticed that I have Recovery and EFI Partitions on Disk management. I'm...
  5. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  6. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  7. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...
  8. System reserved partition on HDD, not SSD where Windows is installed

System reserved partition on HDD, not SSD where Windows is installed: More or less in the title. I wanted to encrypt my drive with Veracrypt, and found out that the partition Windows boots from is on my hard drive, where I keep things I don't want on my SSD, instead of on my SSD. Is there any way to move the partition to my SSD that doesn't...
  9. No system reserved partition on my SSD

No system reserved partition on my SSD: How do I create a system reserved partition on my SSD C: drive. I have 3 other drives installed and all have reserved system partitions. Any help would be appreciated 16516
  10. No System Reserved Partition On My SSD

No System Reserved Partition On My SSD: I have an SSD with WIN7 installed. It has no System Reserved Partition (SRP) and thus no boot files on that nonexistent partition. I've read here that individuals with a SRP of only 100mb have had issues installing WIN 10 and that those issues were resolved by expanding the...