Windows 10: Fresh install of Windows 10 becomes extremely slow

Discus and support Fresh install of Windows 10 becomes extremely slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have noted that any time i install windows 10 on any PC, The PC becomes extremely slow when connected to the internet. Refreshing the desktop takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Githuuri, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Githuuri Win User

Fresh install of Windows 10 becomes extremely slow

I have noted that any time i install windows 10 on any PC, The PC becomes extremely slow when connected to the internet. Refreshing the desktop takes around 45 seconds. Opening a program like excel takes around 15 seconds. Typing on the Cortana search bar is also extremely slow.

However, when i disconnect the internet, it becomes fast like it should be.

I have tried this on different computers, both desktops and laptops, all new PCs.

I have tried on Lenovo E580 Core i7, 8GB, Lenovo M720s Corei5, 4GB, HP Elitedesk 8000 Corei7, 8GB.

I have attached a screenshot of the performance monitor.

Anyone who can help solve this, will be appreciated.

I

Fresh install of Windows 10 becomes extremely slow ede0cc3f-fcb4-49a4-bb48-e5babe5c64dc?upload=true.jpg

:)

Githuuri, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Hi,

Since you have just recently performed a fresh install of your Windows 10, it's hard for us to pinpoint as to what's causing your computer to run slow. To help us improve your computer's performance, please check out the suggested troubleshooting steps and
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10.

Feel free to let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Fresh install of Windows 10 becomes extremely slow - Similar Threads - Fresh install becomes

2. Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset: Evening, I'm havibg an issue with my Hp laptop, it has become really slow after I factory reset it. There was no issue with the laptop prior to the reset and it was quick, now after the reset it takes around 4/5 second to open startup, and cannot run multiple windows at...
  3. Why Windows 10 becoming extremely slow, except Firefox?

Why Windows 10 becoming extremely slow, except Firefox?: Hi, I'm getting this issue randomly and this is extremely annoying. The system becomes extremely slow, not responding to any keyboard input. Explorer, command prompt and text editor all become unusable. This often starts in Explorer but can also happen in any other...
  4. Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903

Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903: Hello. I've recently installed Windows 10 v1903 on my Laptop and I've been experiencing general slowness since then. I've tried everything I've found online: - Clean Boot; - Sfc /Scannow; - Disk defragmentation/Cleanup; - Device/Drivers Update; - Disable Fast Startup...
  5. Fresh Windows 10 is slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fresh Windows 10 is slow: I used the W10 creation tool to reload a fresh installation of Windows 10 home. Everything went well. I did an update and installed Chrome. The computer is running slow, at times typing letters can show a short delay before appearing on screen. I see the spinning blue circle...
  6. Windows 10 extremely slow

Windows 10 extremely slow: Hello, I have problem with my computer speed. It gets so bad that it take me 2min to press start-power-shut down when turning off computer shut be 3s thing. Laptop has intel core i5-4210U, 500GB (only 138 is actually used), 4GB of RAM. Windows 10 Pro is installed and without...
  7. Windows extremely slow after re-installing

Windows extremely slow after re-installing: Hi, hope you can help After getting the blue screen of death, I was advised to re-install windows on a USB, which I have done. But now windows is extremely slow, and nothing works: - Every time I reboot it takes about 30 mins to start up properly - Just clicking on the...
  8. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?: Hello I have the same issue as this guy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/laptop-running-extremely-slow-after-fresh-install/88592f20-dd35-4337-81bc-26c2e560b887 Can you give me a clue? btw. I don't have a battery since it is...
  9. Installing extremely slow

Installing extremely slow: Tried moving thread but unable! See general support.. 96678
  10. Windows becomes slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows becomes slow: Hello guys, I have some problems with this operating system. Everything works well but after a while it gets slow. Here's how it goes: If I turn on my laptop and let the Windows load 100% everything works smooth without any problems. Explorer opens instantly with every...