Windows 10: Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS

Discus and support Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hardware: -CPU: AMD R5 5600x -Motherboard: Asus ROG strix x570-E -SSD: Samsung 980 ProSo I'm having some trouble getting my fresh install of windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JesperWJ, Jan 28, 2023.

1. JesperWJ Win User

Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS

Hardware: -CPU: AMD R5 5600x -Motherboard: Asus ROG strix x570-E -SSD: Samsung 980 ProSo I'm having some trouble getting my fresh install of windows 10 on my NVMe SSD to boot properly. I'm using a usb stick with the intallation tool from the microsoft website to install windows. When I use the installation software the drive shows up without any issue and the installation seems to proceed like it should, but when the computer restarts it goes straight into BIOS and the drive does not show up as an option as a boot-able device. I've tried borrowing a SATA SSD from a friend, and it installs no

:)

JesperWJ, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jan 28, 2023
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 28, 2023
  4. ToeBoy Win User

Potential Solution 'No bootable device detected' after fresh install

Hello Forum,

My Dell Precision T3600 originally came with Win7 x64 which I upgraded to Win10 successfully. However I wanted to do a fresh install of Win10 to get rid of accumulated OS mess that cluttered most of my 256GB SSD drive. So I created a bootable USB thanks to MS create media tool. From the bootable Windows 10 setup, I deleted the old partitions (OEM recovery and such which was taking almost 1GB) selected the new clean primary partition and installed Win10. All was looking good until after install it rebooted and got a 'No bootable device detected' error. I will spare you the hell I went through to find the following simple solution:

In the BIOS, you need to change the boot sequence type from 'Legacy' (you know, the old one since forever which you put diskette above HD) to the new fancy UEFI which apparently is a new industry standard where everything is taken care of by the devices. Here's a screenshot of my BIOS:

Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS 3d1485965401t-potential-solution-no-bootable-device-detected-after-fresh-install-20160405_104748.jpg

After this BIOS change, restart the computer with the bootable Windows 10 installation, when the setup shows the available partitions, I had a little warning beside mine saying it couldn't install windows on that partition. I deleted it and then I could install it. Rebooted and everything was perfectly fine.

Hopefully this will help someone save some time.

TB,

ToeBoy, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

1. Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS - Similar Threads - Fresh install detected

2. SSD detected by BIOS but not by Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD detected by BIOS but not by Windows 10 installation: Hi! I am building a new pc and ran into an issue with the SSD. I put in a Crucial p5 plus 1TB M.2.SSD, a Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX and a AMD ryzen 5 7600x. When I go into the BIOS it detects the SSD and it also passes all the self tests. However when I try to install...
  3. SSD detected by BIOS but not by Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD detected by BIOS but not by Windows 10 installation: Hi! I am building a new pc and ran into an issue with the SSD. I put in a Crucial p5 plus 1TB M.2.SSD, a Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX and a AMD ryzen 5 7600x. When I go into the BIOS it detects the SSD and it also passes all the self tests. However when I try to install...
  4. Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS: Hi, I have an old ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP401MAR from 2021 that came with Windows 10. I want to sell it to get an Android tablet. But since I installed ChromeOS Flex on I had to reinstall Windows 11 via the BIOS. But when I use my Rufus Created USB Flash Drive with UEFI...
  5. Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS

Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS: Hi, I have an old ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP401MAR from 2021 that came with Windows 10. I want to sell it to get an Android tablet. But since I installed ChromeOS Flex on I had to reinstall Windows 11 via the BIOS. But when I use my Rufus Created USB Flash Drive with UEFI...
  6. Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS

Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS: Hardware: -CPU: AMD R5 5600x -Motherboard: Asus ROG strix x570-E -SSD: Samsung 980 ProSo I'm having some trouble getting my fresh install of windows 10 on my NVMe SSD to boot properly. I'm using a usb stick with the intallation tool from the microsoft website to install...
  7. Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS

Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS: Hardware: -CPU: AMD R5 5600x -Motherboard: Asus ROG strix x570-E -SSD: Samsung 980 ProSo I'm having some trouble getting my fresh install of windows 10 on my NVMe SSD to boot properly. I'm using a usb stick with the intallation tool from the microsoft website to install...
  8. Windows 10 not bootable after fresh install

Windows 10 not bootable after fresh install: Hi, I'm trying to do a hard drive switch on my Lenovo Yoga slim 14.I got the new SSD installed, made a bootable USB. When I turn on the laptop I get into the windows 10 installation and my new SSD shows up. Everything seems to go smoothly until it restarts at which point it...
  9. Fresh install of Windows 10 on new SSD -- No bootable device detected

Fresh install of Windows 10 on new SSD -- No bootable device detected: Decided to upgrade my lenovo laptop HDD for a Samsung SSD and have had nothing but problems getting Windows 10 to boot. I tried the windows media creation tool on 2 different flash drives with no success so I got the windows 10 ISO and loaded the USB drives using Rufus and am...
  10. Potential Solution 'No bootable device detected' after fresh install

Potential Solution 'No bootable device detected' after fresh install: Hello Forum, My Dell Precision T3600 originally came with Win7 x64 which I upgraded to Win10 successfully. However I wanted to do a fresh install of Win10 to get rid of accumulated OS mess that cluttered most of my 256GB SSD drive. So I created a bootable USB thanks to MS...