Windows 10: fresh install of windows 10 on tablet

Discus and support fresh install of windows 10 on tablet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; and just to get things right. here are the steps that i make when instaling.... [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pancadas, Oct 17, 2016.

1. pancadas Win User

fresh install of windows 10 on tablet

and just to get things right. here are the steps that i make when instaling....

fresh install of windows 10 on tablet [​IMG]

pancadas, Oct 19, 2016
  2. NavyLCDR New Member

1. Is Windows setup asking you which version you want to install? Is it asking you for a product key, asking you which version (Home or Pro), or is it just proceeding on without asking for either a product key or version? If it is just proceeding without asking, that is good in that you are trying to install the same matching version that the product key in UEFI is good for.

2. Are you trying to install 64-bit Windows or 32-bit Windows? You should be using 32-bit Windows.

NavyLCDR, Oct 19, 2016
  3. pancadas Win User
    when i create the tool. i already put only 32 bit. and dont no key ask. just run and install.

pancadas, Oct 19, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

1) I said a clean install - you have to delete all partitions. Even for a clean install, it will create a windows.old unless you wipe all drives. Otherwise an install on a 16GB tablet is virtually impossible.

2) Tablets usually use 32bit but not exclusively. Need to check. It will not install if you select wrong version.

3) You put installer on a large enough flash drive (recommend 16 GB - 8 GB drive is too small). This way, if there is not enough temporary space on tablet, it uses the flash drive for temporary space. Also best to create flash drive using media creation tool and only select 32bit or 64bit as appropriate. However if not sure, create dual 32/64bit usb and try 32bit first, and 64 bit if 32bit des not install.

4) The base install is around 9 GB for a 32bit version. 64bit version is around 11 GB. The 20 GB requirement is because of the temporary space requirement but if you use a 16 GB flash drive, this is no longer the case.

5) I have an old Linx 16 GB tablet, and clean installing works fine, and done it several times.

6) Once it is installed, make an image backup using Macrium Reflect Free to make reinstalls easier.

cereberus, Oct 20, 2016
  5. pancadas Win User
    yes. i made all the times a clean install.... erase all the partitions on windows setup, and then install.
    but im using a 8gb pen drive all the time.. its the largest i have... maybe i buy a new one.
    on the bios? did you see something that may be blocking the install? maybe the OEM changed something.

pancadas, Oct 20, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    It will not install of wrong bit type. Many tablets use a 32bit bootloader even if cpu is 64bit.

cereberus, Oct 21, 2016
  7. pancadas Win User
    Unn? Dont understand what you mean by that?
    I created a 32bit pen installer.

pancadas, Oct 22, 2016
  8. pancadas Win User

Does any one see something on the bios that may be blocking the install?

pancadas, Oct 22, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I don't. All looks good to me.

NavyLCDR, Oct 22, 2016
  10. Ok, I just want to confirm something, when you ran the Media Creation Tool, you set the bottom drop down menu to 32 bit right?

I just want to make sure your not confusing doing that with formatting the thumb drive as Fat32.

Also, you can get Windows 8.1 install media here, https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...nload/windows8 If you want to try and go back to Windows 8.1.

alphanumeric, Oct 24, 2016
  11. pancadas Win User
    right, 32bits

did that also. bought a 16gb pen just for that... didnt work also.

another thing. on disk part. when a try to remove the atributes hidden. it says.
    Virtual Disk Service error:
    The object is not found.
    For me, is because that the windows cant write on the "system&recovery" partitions...
    PS.: even already tried the system of the rivals.... android and linux..... wont load. stays black screen...

pancadas, Oct 24, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    What happens when you do "clean" in diskpart?

At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to wipe
    At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber> (Probably going to be 0)
    At the DISKPART prompt, type clean
    At the DISKPART prompt, type list part

Are any partitions left after running the clean command?

Note that for what you are trying to do you want to work with disks and partitions in diskpart - not volumes.

NavyLCDR, Oct 24, 2016
  13. pancadas Win User

this was made in windows PE.

pancadas, Oct 24, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    That's good. It's showing that the "hard drive" (it's really eMMC memory) can be wiped clean. Now, the problem is you only have 14 GB to work with. The Microsoft website shows 20GB is the minimum for Windows 10 Home 32-bit. That being said, on my tablet, after I subtract my user folder, Windows 10 32 bit Home, compressed, takes up about 8 GB. So - if Windows will not install to your wiped 14 GB space, what I think you are going to have to do is do a clean install on another computer or tablet, compress the OS, make a backup image of that install (at a minimum the EFI system partition and the OS partition), and then restore that new install image to your 14GB tablet.

I have all the software and skills required to do that, if you want to send me the tablet, PM me and I can try that for you.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. fresh install of windows 10 on tablet - Similar Threads - fresh install tablet

2. How to fresh install windows 11 on my Mecer MW10Q17 tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fresh install windows 11 on my Mecer MW10Q17 tablet: I have joined Windows Insider on my Mecer MW10Q17 tablet, I want to revert back to the standard Windows 11. How do I do it, is there a special Windows 11 for tablets or do I use the Windows 11 that can be downloaded through the Media Creation Tool....
  3. How to fresh install windows 11 on my Mecer MW10Q17 tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fresh install windows 11 on my Mecer MW10Q17 tablet: I have joined Windows Insider on my Mecer MW10Q17 tablet, I want to revert back to the standard Windows 11. How do I do it, is there a special Windows 11 for tablets or do I use the Windows 11 that can be downloaded through the Media Creation Tool....
  4. Fresh Install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Install of Windows 10: I've been getting blue screen errors that include;1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED -- When I try to reinstall windows via Recovery option.2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL -- Whenever it feels like it.3. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION -- RandomlyI'd like to just wipe my hard drive which I can do,...
  5. Fresh install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of Windows 10: We are always encouraged to do a fresh install of Wondows 10 to avoid issues. I have just done a fresh install of Windows 10 and I am just at the place where it says to setup an account. I am doing the install for a friend and while I know her email address i do not know her...
  6. Fresh Install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Install Windows 10: Is it really required for me to create a new standard account that lack's admin priv after installing windows? submitted by /u/ntr0v3rt_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ie3h97/fresh_install_windows_10/
  7. Windows 10 fresh install

Windows 10 fresh install: Im getting a black screen When trying to install a Windows 10 USB on the computer i just built. the computer has a ryzen 9 3900x on a gigabyte b450m ds3h with 16gb of corsair vengence ram and a 120gb ssd, it also has a saphire nitro+ graphics card but i dont think thats...
  8. Windows 10 Fresh Install

Windows 10 Fresh Install: Hoping for some help from the community - I've gotten myself to the point where my laptop is unable to boot. Ultimately my goal was to upgrade my laptop to a fresh Windows 10 install on a new SSD. With two different SSDs I got the 'Windows 10 unable to reset a required...
  9. fresh windows 10 install

fresh windows 10 install: hal.dll missing or corrupt windows 10 wont load I created media creation tool and booted to troubleshooting tried all the functions which ended with black screen I began windows install and after first restart it went black...
  10. Installing windows 10 on tablet?

Installing windows 10 on tablet?: Hi everyone! I have an HP X2 detachable laptop with windows 10 installed, and it has a bunch of bloatware with like a 1GB of space remaining out of 32GB, I disabled secure boot from the BIOS but I couldn't see legacy boot support option to enable. I tried a bootable USB...