Windows 10: Fresh install of Windows 10, PC wont sleep or switch off screen

Discus and support Fresh install of Windows 10, PC wont sleep or switch off screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I recently did a fresh install of windows 10 on my desktop. Since the fresh install, the computer does not turn the screen off, or go to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cocksy, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Cocksy Win User

Fresh install of Windows 10, PC wont sleep or switch off screen

Hi,

I recently did a fresh install of windows 10 on my desktop. Since the fresh install, the computer does not turn the screen off, or go to sleep even though these are enabled in the power settings. Running "powercfg -requests" shows "none" for all results, and no hardware has changed since before the fresh install, when sleep worked fine.

Any ideas how to trace what is causing it not to sleep and turn off the screen?

:)

Cocksy, Nov 15, 2018

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 15, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Fresh install of Windows 10, PC wont sleep or switch off screen - Similar Threads - Fresh install wont

2. My PC wont go to sleep or turn off the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont go to sleep or turn off the screen.: Hey community,some days ago I set up my PC in my new apartment and was trying to get him to go to sleep automatically or turn the screen off, or display a screensaver. None of these worked out. I changed the power plan to allow the PC to go to sleep when sharing media because...
  3. My PC wont go to sleep or turn off the screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC wont go to sleep or turn off the screen.: Hey community,some days ago I set up my PC in my new apartment and was trying to get him to go to sleep automatically or turn the screen off, or display a screensaver. None of these worked out. I changed the power plan to allow the PC to go to sleep when sharing media because...
  4. pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.: Hi all, I've recently built a pc, initially everything was fine transferred my files from my previous pc, added my preferred wall paper to the personalisation tab, added it to the lock screen and every thing was great. However, recently when i am heading off to bed and leave...
  5. Windows 10 Fresh Install Wont Work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Wont Work: Hello Community,[IMG][IMG] Today, my computer officially crashed. It is only a little more than a year old, and so i decided to fresh install. I followed the steps that both Microsoft and HP Recommended by inserting the USB into the machine, selecting language and clicking...
  6. Windows 10 wont install to a fresh new built PC. The screen freezes when I try to install...

Windows 10 wont install to a fresh new built PC. The screen freezes when I try to install...: I just built a new PC and tried to install windows 10. The computer recognizes the chip. And i get to chose which language i will install Windows in ect, but when i come to installing windows the computer freezes. Is it something wrong with the chip? I have the windows chip....
  7. windows 10 fresh install tool wont work

windows 10 fresh install tool wont work: can anyone help me, i have been having a lot of problems with my laptop its a hp one, I have tried several times to launch windows denfender and keep getting unable to launch. so i though i would try and frsh intall from the using the windows 10 frsh install tool - its tarts...
  8. windows 10 fresh instal tool wont work

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 fresh instal tool wont work: can anyone help me, i have been having a lot of problems with my laptop its a hp one, I have tried several times to launch windows denfender and keep getting unable to launch. so i though i would try and frsh intall from the using the windows 10 frsh install tool - its tarts...
  9. PC Wont sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Wont sleep: Hi, I seem to be having problems where my PC wont sleep after 30mins as its set to. Any help would be great thanks 29827
  10. PC wont sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wont sleep: My pc wont go into sleep mode and says realtec driver is in use and an audio stream is in use 86379