Windows 10: Fresh Install of Windows 10 to my SSD

Discus and support Fresh Install of Windows 10 to my SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In case I need to do a fresh install of Windows 10, do I need to prepare my SSD in any way, or do I simply got to the Microsoft site and tell it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stevekir, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Stevekir Win User

Fresh Install of Windows 10 to my SSD

In case I need to do a fresh install of Windows 10, do I need to prepare my SSD in any way, or do I simply got to the Microsoft site and tell it to make a fresh install?

Thanks

:)

Stevekir, Feb 1, 2017

2. windows key

hello,

I want to change from hard disk to SSD, but I want to do a fresh install of windows on SSD. I have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 for free, so I don't have any key. now on fresh install can use my current windows 10 activation?

HIRENPAREKHIG, Feb 1, 2017
  3. Tank.1 Win User
    Windows 10 nvlddmkm.sys system thread exception not handled

Previous install was 1709, can't remember the other number fresh installed on a SSD, Windows 10 Home

It did it exactly the same, so I thought maybe my Windows install was messed up, so I did a fresh install on a raid0 SSD(different from original),

Current install I'm trying is a brand new fresh Windows 10 home install, 1709 16299.192

I do have Windows 8.1 but it is on another hard drive.

Tank.1, Feb 1, 2017
  4. Fresh Install of Windows 10 to my SSD

Go to: Access Denied

Look under "Do you want to install Windows 10 on your PC?", you will find instruction to create a bootable USB unit. You can also do i fresh install from windows itself, but i would prefer the first option.

jsoprano10, Feb 1, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Here is information to create a Windows 10 flash drive to install Windows 10 from:
    USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10

To do a clean install, you will boot from it, select the custom install option. delete every partition shown on the SSD (which will erase it), highlight the unallocated space and click next to let Windows recreate the partitions it wants and re-install Windows. If you are asked for a product key at the beginning, click the little link that says "I don't have a product key".

There is also this new tool from Microsoft:
    Start fresh with a clean installation of Windows 10

Don't kow how well it actually works, though.

NavyLCDR, Feb 1, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    You don't need to do anything specific for installing on an SSD other than the above. Windows 10 works well with SSDs and configures itself accordingly.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fresh Install of Windows 10 to my SSD

1. Fresh Install of Windows 10 to my SSD - Similar Threads - Fresh Install SSD

2. My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows: This was probably asked a 1000 times but no matter how much i search, i cant find the answer.For context: i build my computer like 2 years ago and everything worked just fine. Around 5 months ago my pc startet crashing. It got worse over time and today i tried to boot with my...
  3. Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.: Hello!I have wanted to move my boot drive from a SATA SSD to a new M.2 NVME SSD I got for my custom desktop, and I've been unable to successfully boot Windows from that drive after installing windows 10 pro onto the new drive. I've successfully done the following:- I've...
  4. Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.: Hello!I have wanted to move my boot drive from a SATA SSD to a new M.2 NVME SSD I got for my custom desktop, and I've been unable to successfully boot Windows from that drive after installing windows 10 pro onto the new drive. I've successfully done the following:- I've...
  5. Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 fresh install not recognizing SSD

Windows 10 fresh install not recognizing SSD: Hey all, I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used...
  7. Fresh Windows Installation in SSD

Fresh Windows Installation in SSD: Hey, i want to install fresh windows on my SSD..but will it wipe my D driveOther drive than OS drive if i install windows on SSD? I can't backup my data..what will you recommend ? My PC has 1 TB hard disk and I added a new SSD of 256GB . I want to install windows in SSD ..so...
  8. Activate Windows 10 fresh installation on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 fresh installation on new SSD.: Hello all, I just added an SSD to my PC and I've done a fresh Windows 10 installation, but am confused as to how I activate the installation. I have a digital license, do I just transfer that to the fresh installation? If so, how? Thank you....
  9. Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD

Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD: I upgraded to Windows 10 couple years ago when MS offered to Windows 7 owner a free upgrade. Now I'm planning to install a SSD to my computer and have the OS boot from it. How do i do a fresh install to my SSD without the disc? Is there somewhere I can download Windows 10...
  10. Is it recommended to fresh install Windows 10 for a new SSD?

Is it recommended to fresh install Windows 10 for a new SSD?: Hi so for Christmas I had gotten a Crucial 525GB SSD drive and I'm happy about it. But I heard somewhere that its recommend to Install windows freshly on a new SSD rather than transfer your old info to it. Should I just install Windows 10 on my new SSD since I don't have too...