Windows 10: Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD

Discus and support Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 couple years ago when MS offered to Windows 7 owner a free upgrade. Now I'm planning to install a SSD to my computer and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonT01, Nov 27, 2018.

1. RonT01 Win User

Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD

I upgraded to Windows 10 couple years ago when MS offered to Windows 7 owner a free upgrade. Now I'm planning to install a SSD to my computer and have the OS boot from it.

How do i do a fresh install to my SSD without the disc? Is there somewhere I can download Windows 10 install? And where do i find my Windows Key?

Thanks!

:)

RonT01, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Morgoth Win User

Windows 7 SSD fresh install

i have an issue, i did a fresh instal of windows 7 and it seems to be taking up allready 50 gb's of space on my ssd :S tough windows folder it self states it only uses 13gb
    and i have no other programs installed why is this taking up so mutch space
    and how can i change my documents to a differend driver letter?

Morgoth, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD - Similar Threads - Fresh install SSD

2. Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.: Hello!I have wanted to move my boot drive from a SATA SSD to a new M.2 NVME SSD I got for my custom desktop, and I've been unable to successfully boot Windows from that drive after installing windows 10 pro onto the new drive. I've successfully done the following:- I've...
  3. Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.: Hello!I have wanted to move my boot drive from a SATA SSD to a new M.2 NVME SSD I got for my custom desktop, and I've been unable to successfully boot Windows from that drive after installing windows 10 pro onto the new drive. I've successfully done the following:- I've...
  4. Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD: I'm in the middle of updating some hardware on my pc, and after installing windows on my new ssd, i cant seem to use windows 11 pro anymore. so i need to deactivate it on my old boot drive to use it?...
  6. Windows 10 fresh install not recognizing SSD

Windows 10 fresh install not recognizing SSD: Hey all, I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used...
  7. Fresh Windows Installation in SSD

Fresh Windows Installation in SSD: Hey, i want to install fresh windows on my SSD..but will it wipe my D driveOther drive than OS drive if i install windows on SSD? I can't backup my data..what will you recommend ? My PC has 1 TB hard disk and I added a new SSD of 256GB . I want to install windows in SSD ..so...
  8. Activate Windows 10 fresh installation on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 fresh installation on new SSD.: Hello all, I just added an SSD to my PC and I've done a fresh Windows 10 installation, but am confused as to how I activate the installation. I have a digital license, do I just transfer that to the fresh installation? If so, how? Thank you....
  9. Is it recommended to fresh install Windows 10 for a new SSD?

Is it recommended to fresh install Windows 10 for a new SSD?: Hi so for Christmas I had gotten a Crucial 525GB SSD drive and I'm happy about it. But I heard somewhere that its recommend to Install windows freshly on a new SSD rather than transfer your old info to it. Should I just install Windows 10 on my new SSD since I don't have too...
  10. Fresh Install of Windows 10 to my SSD

Fresh Install of Windows 10 to my SSD: In case I need to do a fresh install of Windows 10, do I need to prepare my SSD in any way, or do I simply got to the Microsoft site and tell it to make a fresh install? Thanks 76425