Windows 10: Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name

Discus and support Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,When ever I do a fresh install of Windows 10, I connect to the internet, enter my account information and it uses my old messed up username I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Carlton Canaday, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name

Hello,When ever I do a fresh install of Windows 10, I connect to the internet, enter my account information and it uses my old messed up username I made years ago. I been digging around on my account page on Microsoft Accounts page but for the life of me, I can not find the old user name so I can change it. Is there a way to change this or am I just stuck with the old messed up user name. I know I can set up Windows with out connecting it to the internet and be able to add the user name that way but to me that is just a Band-Aid to fix the issue.

:)

Carlton Canaday, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 1, 2021
  3. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name

1. Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Uses

2. Windows 10 User Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User Name: Hello,I have a problem and perhaps you all can help with that. When reinstalled Windows 10 from an USB drive I tried Windows 11 but I didn't like it so I went back to Windows 10,, my user name was changed, that is the folder name under C:\Users. My name is Danker Schaareman,...
  3. Did I ruin this fresh install, by changing Users folder name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Did I ruin this fresh install, by changing Users folder name?: I made a fresh install and used a Microsoft account.I then updated Windows, and started installing programs.At some point I found that in the C:\Users folder my username was the first 5 letters of my e-mail address, instead of my name. I assumed that it would take my actual...
  4. Is there a way to read old encrypted files using fresh installed OS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to read old encrypted files using fresh installed OS?: Short story, because some failed booting attempt, I decided to install new win10 into a new drive. Now obviously, with fresh-new installed OS I lost access to my encrypted files on my old drive. I remember most of my settings in my old system, including its password if that...
  5. Windows keeps using an old user name to fix account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps using an old user name to fix account.: Windows keeps using an old username to sign in to fix my account. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-using-an-old-user-name-to-fix/9f810cdb-d396-498a-af5f-2a53d0641fb4
  6. Forced Microsoft account on fresh install, problem with user folder name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Microsoft account on fresh install, problem with user folder name: So when I have to create my account on a fresh install with my Microsoft account, it names my user folder something stupid. Can I rename the user folder afterwards without breaking things? This is on a Home version of Windows. submitted by /u/Ebojager [link] [comments]...
  7. How to use old user folder with new windows installation.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to use old user folder with new windows installation.: Hello! I just got a new SSD HDD installed in my computer, which have a new installation of Windows 10 pro on it (Version 1903), and it have created a new use, and my computer starts up using this windows installation... Now, I still have everything on my old HDD, including...
  8. How to use old user folder with new windows installation.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use old user folder with new windows installation.: Hello! I just got a new SSD HDD installed in my computer, which have a new installation of Windows 10 pro on it (Version 1903), and it have created a new use, and my computer starts up using this windows installation... Now, I still have everything on my old HDD, including...
  9. Windows 10 User Name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 User Name: Greetings. I recently updated my windows 10 to recent updates. This caused alot of issues, Lost wireless Drivers and sound drivers. Tried to revert back to before updates, system failed. So reverted to resetting my Windows 10 to initial state. The problem now is, Its...
  10. Windows 10 fresh install used up 151GB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install used up 151GB: I wanted to format my computer and reinstalled Windows 10 so I chose "Delete everything" when prompted. Later it gave me the initial setup for user account, keyboard etc. Now that it's complete everything looks like a fresh install apart from 151GB of hard disk space used,...