Windows 10: Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't acces

Discus and support Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't acces in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't access anything in it, the folders are empty and there barely anything to view. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfowler, Oct 15, 2015.

1. cfowler Win User

Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't acces

Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't access anything in it, the folders are empty and there barely anything to view. No music, nothing was backed up but folder size would indicate there is a tonne of stuff in there. Can anyone help?

Thanks'

:)

cfowler, Oct 15, 2015

2. Can Anyone help me??win 10 folder deletion!

Hello,I didin't upgrade my windows,i installed directly when i got my new pc,

but today i did an huge update version 1709 and the windows.old folder now has around 12Gb....

i don't know how long the windows.old folder was there but now it has 12Gb...

is it safe to delete that folder considering that i installed win 10 fresh and did not do an upgrade only a update?

AlinChiper, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Is it safe to delete Windows.old folder?

Hello,I didin't upgrade my windows,i installed directly when i got my new pc,

but today i did an huge update version 1709 and the windows.old folder now has around 12Gb....

i don't know how long the windows.old folder was there but now it has 12Gb...

is it safe to delete that folder considering that i installed win 10 fresh and did not do an upgrade only a update?

AlinChiper, Oct 15, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Did you enable hidden and system files viewing in Folder and file properties ?

CountMike, Oct 15, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    You could run TreeSize Free as administrator. It will tell you what is taking the space.

If you don't need it you can delete it by running disk cleanup.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't acces - Similar Threads - Fresh Install old

2. I can't install Windows 10 on an old Dell T3610

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't install Windows 10 on an old Dell T3610: Hi!So I received an old T3610 Dell Precision Workstation from my girlfriend's cousin. It came with a blank SSD to be able to install a new OS. I also received Windows 10 Home Installation Dvd and product key from a friend who had an extra on hand that she didn't need. Upon...
  3. I can't install Windows 10 on an old Dell T3610

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install Windows 10 on an old Dell T3610: Hi!So I received an old T3610 Dell Precision Workstation from my girlfriend's cousin. It came with a blank SSD to be able to install a new OS. I also received Windows 10 Home Installation Dvd and product key from a friend who had an extra on hand that she didn't need. Upon...
  4. Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install: Hi,I have multiple account family and one of them can't sign in. All are set to "Can sign in". My daughter's account is available on the lock screen, but for some reason when clicking on "Sign in" the lock screen just returns to it's default state instead of asking for a...
  5. Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install: Hi,I have multiple account family and one of them can't sign in. All are set to "Can sign in". My daughter's account is available on the lock screen, but for some reason when clicking on "Sign in" the lock screen just returns to it's default state instead of asking for a...
  6. Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name: Hello,When ever I do a fresh install of Windows 10, I connect to the internet, enter my account information and it uses my old messed up username I made years ago. I been digging around on my account page on Microsoft Accounts page but for the life of me, I can not find the...
  8. Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll?: No not on the activation status, I marked solved because I thought I should change that question in a different area, but couldn't decide where, lol sorry. First run Activation Troubleshooter. It might solve your problem. If not then go to this thread and read it...
  9. Windows 10 Install Seems Huge, Over 70GB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Install Seems Huge, Over 70GB: I've got a relatively new 10 install, not many programs and no personal files. I've used it a little to clone some drives and test video cards and that's it. Despite that it is taking up 74GB on the C drive! I've taken a look to find if there is anything obvious like an old...
  10. Installed Windows 10, can't seem to boot old Windows 7 partition :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed Windows 10, can't seem to boot old Windows 7 partition :(: Hi there, first post, thanks for the forum! I just installed Windows 10 and I'm loving it, but I'd love to be able to boot my old Windows 7 partition. I can still see and access all of my Windows 7 files (it's just listed as the D: drive in the file explorer, the C: being...