Windows 10: Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't acces

Discus and support Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't acces in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't access anything in it, the folders are empty and there barely anything to view. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfowler, Oct 15, 2015.

1. cfowler Win User

Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't acces

Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't access anything in it, the folders are empty and there barely anything to view. No music, nothing was backed up but folder size would indicate there is a tonne of stuff in there. Can anyone help?

Thanks'

:)

cfowler, Oct 15, 2015

2. Can Anyone help me??win 10 folder deletion!

Hello,I didin't upgrade my windows,i installed directly when i got my new pc,

but today i did an huge update version 1709 and the windows.old folder now has around 12Gb....

i don't know how long the windows.old folder was there but now it has 12Gb...

is it safe to delete that folder considering that i installed win 10 fresh and did not do an upgrade only a update?

AlinChiper, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Is it safe to delete Windows.old folder?

Hello,I didin't upgrade my windows,i installed directly when i got my new pc,

but today i did an huge update version 1709 and the windows.old folder now has around 12Gb....

i don't know how long the windows.old folder was there but now it has 12Gb...

is it safe to delete that folder considering that i installed win 10 fresh and did not do an upgrade only a update?

AlinChiper, Oct 15, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Did you enable hidden and system files viewing in Folder and file properties ?

CountMike, Oct 15, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    You could run TreeSize Free as administrator. It will tell you what is taking the space.

If you don't need it you can delete it by running disk cleanup.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fresh Install of windows 10 & windows.old seems huge but I can't acces - Similar Threads - Fresh Install old

2. Fresh install Windows 10 seems to be restarting after May/June update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install Windows 10 seems to be restarting after May/June update: So I had to reinstall windows on my machine. Everything installed correctly and seemed to work at first, but then things started getting weird. When I log in to my desktop machine, it randomly either restarts or freezes. And with no warning prompt or anything. I could be...
  3. Windows 10 Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Fresh Install: Hi, I need to do a fresh install of Windows 10 after some program I downloaded messed up the file system. I'm just wondering what I should do after installing a fresh copy of Windows 10. What tweaks do you recommend to stop all of the spying? If you have any other tools,...
  4. I can't seem to activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't seem to activate windows: I recently upgraded my PC from a 7600k based system to 3700x. Due to this I had to change motherboard, Ram and PSU as well (my old PSU did not provide enough Power). Now I can't activate Windows. I had Norwegian Windows 10 home. I chose to install it in English this time...
  5. Fresh Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fresh Windows 10 installation: I do have a query. Do I have to delete all three partitions on my PC when I install Windows 10 or I can just format the partition where Windows 8.1 is currently installed? It is a fresh Windows 10 installation and I’d like to install Windows 10 over the Windows 8.1. Please...
  6. Windows 10 fresh install.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 fresh install.: Hi, I am cleaning my parents PC and need to wipe out their hard drive and re install Windows. They have the original Windows 7 software and upgraded to Windows 10 through the free upgrade period. Is there anyway to be able to upgrade again for free after installing Windows 7?...
  7. Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh install of Windows 10 & now can't scroll?: No not on the activation status, I marked solved because I thought I should change that question in a different area, but couldn't decide where, lol sorry. First run Activation Troubleshooter. It might solve your problem. If not then go to this thread and read it...
  8. Windows 10 Install Seems Huge, Over 70GB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Install Seems Huge, Over 70GB: I've got a relatively new 10 install, not many programs and no personal files. I've used it a little to clone some drives and test video cards and that's it. Despite that it is taking up 74GB on the C drive! I've taken a look to find if there is anything obvious like an old...
  9. Installed Windows 10, can't seem to boot old Windows 7 partition :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed Windows 10, can't seem to boot old Windows 7 partition :(: Hi there, first post, thanks for the forum! I just installed Windows 10 and I'm loving it, but I'd love to be able to boot my old Windows 7 partition. I can still see and access all of my Windows 7 files (it's just listed as the D: drive in the file explorer, the C: being...
  10. Windows 10 seems to be using old icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 seems to be using old icons: Hey dudes, After many attempts I finally managed to install Windows 10 on my Art Tablet PC ( samsung series 7 slate XE700T1A-A01UK ) and it works perfectly expect one niggle. It would appear that the icons on the desktop are still Win7, I have Win10 installed on my...