Windows 10: Fresh install of windows: Computer keeps freezing display turns off than back on

Discus and support Fresh install of windows: Computer keeps freezing display turns off than back on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi im having a huge issue with my new install of windows, i should note before moving on that i previously had Hackintosh installed on this pc but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ezrahollis, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Fresh install of windows: Computer keeps freezing display turns off than back on

Hi im having a huge issue with my new install of windows,

i should note before moving on that i previously had Hackintosh installed on this pc but decided to switch back over to windows, Hackintosh ran completely fine, no issues

So I just installed a fresh copy of windows, on a new hard drive.

I get through the installation with no issues, but after the windows os comes up then I start to randomly have my computer freeze, the mouse will freeze in place and then the display will just shut off, if i move my mouse around the display will come back on but if it happens more than a couple times my display just won't come back on and my moniter will register it as off. my computer still stays on, its not in sleep mode. I've never seen an issue like this nor can i find any other threads online that have the exact same issue as this.

Solutions I've tried:

- Reinstalling on multiple hard drives SSD and HDD

- Setting my bios to default settings

- installed all drivers for hardware

- checked sleep settings

Please help me out, this issue is driving me crazy lol

Thankyou

Specs:

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming motherboard

Radeon RX 850 8gb card

24 GB Hyper X ram

Intel i7 9700k

:)

ezrahollis, Mar 30, 2020
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Computer Keeps Freezing

Doesn't system restore help? You mentioned that it was when you made some updates to Windows that it started acting up, which is why i suggested to try and determine which one was the culprit and skip it permanently.

It is possible some Windows files got messed up and that's what's causing the instability. If this is the case, then a fresh Windows install will help.

3. aries117 Win User
    Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, Mar 30, 2020
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Fresh install of windows: Computer keeps freezing display turns off than back on

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Fresh install of windows: Computer keeps freezing display turns off than back on

1. Fresh install of windows: Computer keeps freezing display turns off than back on - Similar Threads - Fresh install Computer

2. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on: My Bluetooth drivers keep randomly turning off. When this happens, the drivers are listed as hidden and DriverEasy considers the Intel Bluetooth driver "unplugged." The only way to reliably turn it back on is to unplug my pc, wait about 15 minutes and plug it back in. How can...
  3. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on: My Bluetooth drivers keep randomly turning off. When this happens, the drivers are listed as hidden and DriverEasy considers the Intel Bluetooth driver "unplugged." The only way to reliably turn it back on is to unplug my pc, wait about 15 minutes and plug it back in. How can...
  4. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes / turns off randomly: So my Computer freezes or turns off randomly. The weird thing about this is that it usually happens 1-2 times a day and only when I just booted the pc. I usually just hard restart it and sometimes it happens again but sometimes it does not. And after the seccond reboot it...
  5. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes / turns off randomly: So my Computer freezes or turns off randomly. The weird thing about this is that it usually happens 1-2 times a day and only when I just booted the pc. I usually just hard restart it and sometimes it happens again but sometimes it does not. And after the seccond reboot it...
  6. Computer freezes, then turns off display, and comes back weirdly

Computer freezes, then turns off display, and comes back weirdly: This happened 4 times already, sometimes, when I'm editing in premiere pro the compute will completely freeze even cursor and caps lock after about 10 seconds, it disable the video output completely, and comes back after about 5 seconds, but when it comes back, it doesnt...
  7. why does my computer display keep shutting off and turning back on?

why does my computer display keep shutting off and turning back on?: its been doing this for the past couple days. i dont know whats going on with it. it randomly does it, and sometimes i have to restart my laptop just to get it to stop....
  8. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  9. Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on: If left idle, my laptop’s display will sometimes turn off after which I cannot turn it back on. It doesn’t seem to be sleeping based on the indicator light on the side, and the only thing I can do is force shut it down by holding the power button. If I manually close my...
  10. Computer keeps randomly turning off then instantly turning back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps randomly turning off then instantly turning back on: Computer keeps turning off then instantly turning back on im really frustratded now becausw if tryed loads of things to stop it but nothing works heres a list of what i tried, turning off automatic restart, haviving a look at the fans speed and it was normanl, having alook...