Windows 10: Fresh Install - PC Shuts Down During OS Install

Discus and support Fresh Install - PC Shuts Down During OS Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys. Installing Windows 10 via the USB. I have it plugged into a usb 2 slot and while booting it in UEFI it loads the files the turns my PC off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MylesEggert, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Fresh Install - PC Shuts Down During OS Install

Hey guys.

Installing Windows 10 via the USB. I have it plugged into a usb 2 slot and while booting it in UEFI it loads the files the turns my PC off and reboots, cycling continuously.

Booting it through KDI-MSFT, it loads the files, gets to a windows logo and THEN turns off.

I've reset the CMOS on the back of the motherboard and made sure the temps were ok. CPU reports around 40 degrees C. Very standard.

Fans are spinning, RGB ram is lit, 2TB HDD is recognised.

Really unsure what my issue is? Fresh build, parts arrived today.

Specs:

i7 7800X
    MSI X299 RAIDER 2066 ATX
    Corsair RM850X
    MSI Ventus 2060 6GB OC
    Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic Case
    Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB 360MM Cooler
    x3 LL120 Dual Light RGB 120MM Fans
    Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHZ (CMW32GX4M4C3200C16)

OS USB: Microsoft Windows 10 Home with Creators Update 32/64-bit USB Drive

Appreciate swift responses. This is a friends build and we're both devastated. I've built many-a PC. I've never come across this issue until now.

:)

MylesEggert, Feb 9, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Which OS to install?

Hi guys (and gals)!

Today I received an old PC (2003), boasting a huge ammount of 1 GB of RAM, an Athlon XP 3000+ CPU and an old 9600 Radeon GPU (what a legend this card is). It's currently got Windows XP on it, but I'd like to install something else (or a fresh install of XP) and I was wondering, given the hardware, which OS would be the most suitable for this?

The PC will be used as a home server, meaning I'll be using it for storage of things and I want it to be available across the network via the built-in home network functionality. All of my other PCs have Windows 10 and the biggest concern is in compatibility between operating systems. I think making a fresh install of XP would be the best idea since I believe Linux distros won't be compatible with the network and XP would would also grant me good performance.

So the question would be: Will Windows XP work fine in the home network or do you suggest a different OS that will work in my case?

Thanks!

Thimblewad, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Depth Win User

Fresh Install - PC Shuts Down During OS Install

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Fresh Install - PC Shuts Down During OS Install

1. Fresh Install - PC Shuts Down During OS Install - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Shuts

2. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  3. PC Shutting Down During Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shutting Down During Games: Hi All,I've been having some issues over the last few months with my PC completely shutting down when I play games. It is quite a high end and relatively new system so wouldn't expect the system being able to handle any games to be the problem. I've tried formatting the...
  4. Computer shuts down during Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer shuts down during Windows 10 Installation: I am building a Small Form Factor SFF computer. Every time Windows starts to install, it gets to 9-26% and the computer shuts down. I finally restored a Windows 10 prebuild 21322 image from my main desktop to the new SFF. It took over an hour to restore, so I don't think temp...
  5. Shutting down laptop during Update installation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Shutting down laptop during Update installation?: I dont mean when the part of the update installation is right after a shutdown or a restart when your notified Configuring Windows Updates -Do Not Shutdown your PC message. I am referring to any updates that are installing from the Windows Update settings control panel....
  6. pc shut down during reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc shut down during reset: hi all, was resetting my windows 10 pc when the thing shut down (probably from overheating) and it now says I need to reinstall my BCD. does anyone know where I can find the place to do that? submitted by /u/murderducky1 [link] [comments]...
  7. PC shutting down during update

PC shutting down during update: Hi i've been trying to update my win from 10240 to 2004 with both the media tool iso & update assistant but both times the PC shut down at 48% and then undoing changes. here is the log if it can help 2020-08-16 16:08:57, Error MOUPG...
  8. Laptop shuts down during installation of Windows 10

Laptop shuts down during installation of Windows 10: Hey Guys! Now I know that this question was asked many times in many different versions, but I feel like mine is more exotic, I also just have not found an answer to my question. Now I have an old HP laptop, which has slowed down significantly, so I wanted to clean it all...
  9. Computer shut down during installation and many problemos

Computer shut down during installation and many problemos: While upgrading my laptop to Windows 10 it accidentally shut down (my fault) and when I tried to turn it back on I get this message with "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows Installation cannot proceed. To install, click OK to...
  10. Laptop shuts down during Windows 10 installation

Laptop shuts down during Windows 10 installation: Okay so I'm trying to upgrade the Windows 7 on my laptop to Windows 10 and it keeps shutting down every time AFTER the download is complete. It shuts down on its own and when I start it again, I have to re-download the entire thing and it shuts down at the exact same point...