Windows 10: Fresh Install - PC Will not stop crashing

Discus and support Fresh Install - PC Will not stop crashing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I decided it was time to do a fresh install of Windows 10 x64. I've done it many times for many PC's. It's always been a relatively easygoing process.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gsmitty302, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Fresh Install - PC Will not stop crashing

I decided it was time to do a fresh install of Windows 10 x64. I've done it many times for many PC's. It's always been a relatively easygoing process. Not this time.

Before the reinstall, my PC was running fine. All my drives, no freezing, nothing. After the reinstall, I'm lucky to even get to the user sign in screen. I've re-reinstalled it multiple times because I figured maybe some files were corrupt the first time. I honestly have no clue whats wrong, I've been at this for a total of at least 15 hours.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Using admin cmd to run the SFC and DISM commands

2. Managed to install all drivers for networking, gpu, and made sure USB drivers were UTD.

3. Double checked that my SSD and SATA cables didn't magically stop working. Also installed latest firmware for the SSD and scanned it to make sure it was healthy.

4. Installed to different SSD to be double sure the drive wasn't the issue.

Things I've noticed:

1. When installing a game to my HDD, it would not crash my system. However, when installing to SSD where my OS is installed it does crash.

2. Same goes for any program/driver. It frequently crashes my PC when downloading/installing things.

3. It will crash even when just browsing the internet.

4. After a crash, I have to hard powerdown. Upon turning back on, it will only get past the BIOS screen after a couple tries.

I am completely at a loss here. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Gsmitty302, Sep 15, 2020
  2. IINexusII Win User

The Vista SP2 install thread

kept crashing on the last step when i used the installer from sp1 to sp2, better to start fresh with an iso

IINexusII, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Artas1984 Win User
    Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

Suggest any methods to stop Firefox from crashing. It crashes right after starting, no more than a second or 3..

Any cache, plugins, antivirus things that might cause it? It is very, very annoying...

Artas1984, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Fresh Install - PC Will not stop crashing

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Fresh Install - PC Will not stop crashing

1. Fresh Install - PC Will not stop crashing - Similar Threads - Fresh Install stop

2. Fresh re-install - crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh re-install - crash: After er fresh re-install, I keep getting BSoDAn error like this:--Intialiseringen af SCEP-certifikatregistreringen for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-SG9PQFU$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep...
  3. Fresh re-install - crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh re-install - crash: After er fresh re-install, I keep getting BSoDAn error like this:--Intialiseringen af SCEP-certifikatregistreringen for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-SG9PQFU$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep...
  4. Computer crashed during fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crashed during fresh install of windows: I'm using an HP EliteBook 8440p laptop, My computer became very cluttered and messy so I decided it would be nice to completely start over with a fresh install of Windows. My computer halfway through attempting to reinstall Windows started to overheat, then it got to the...
  5. Computer Crash AFTER WINDOWS FRESH INSTALL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crash AFTER WINDOWS FRESH INSTALL: Hello, currently having issues with my computer I started experiencing them when I was gaming. After trying almost everything I decided to do a fresh install of Windows and hope that fixes the issue unfortunately that was no the case. Below is details it is giving me in Event...
  6. Computer Crash AFTER WINDOWS FRESH INSTALL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crash AFTER WINDOWS FRESH INSTALL: Hello, currently having issues with my computer I started experiencing them when I was gaming. After trying almost everything I decided to do a fresh install of Windows and hope that fixes the issue unfortunately that was no the case. Below is details it is giving me in Event...
  7. Windows won't stop crashing, even after a fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't stop crashing, even after a fresh install: I'm having a huge issue. I was already dealing with the same problem before doing a fresh install. I recently built a new PC. While multi-tasking, my pc just completely freezes with images still on the screen, then it shuts down and reboots. I also had times where it would...
  8. PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10: What is the problem?: The problem in short: after a freshly installing windows, the pc will suddenly start rebooting. After reboot you will get back to windows login. It is possible to login, however shortly after you login and for example you go to the windows updates it...
  9. Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working: I finally upgraded to win 10 and my computer is running very smoothly except for an issue with my backspace button, it doesn't work. It doesn't work on the keyboard plugged into my pc, it doesn't work on my Bluetooth keyboard, it doesn't work on my onscreen keyboard....
  10. Fresh Install or Reset PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install or Reset PC?: When you select Recovery option the Reset PC it gives the option to 'Remove Everything' so Is a Fresh Install the same as using the Reset Pc function? There is also an Advanced startup option. I want to start completely fresh and do a clean install but really not sure which...