Windows 10: Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

Discus and support Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Simple Samples, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to install Windows 10 onto the new SSD and then dual-boot the two systems. I think that is possible.If someone can guide me to relevant articles then that is all I need. I have been doing computers for half a century but it is difficult to find articles that fit what I need.

:)

Simple Samples, Oct 23, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Iggyz Win User
    After fresh Windows 10 install on new SSD my dual (WIn10) boot got borked.

Greetings,

I had previously a dual WIN10 on my PC - each OS was installed on seperate SSDs , one I kept as a reserve in case of problems etc. So on startup both OS was shown in the boot screen.

I recently upgraded my pc (everything) besides the harddisks, all was still fine but I didn't do a fresh install - since I migrated from INTEL to AMD ...and my SSD was nearing capacity I decided to do a fresh install on a new SSD - that went fine. The only
    thing now is that me secondary OS is no longer visible as a boot option, I tried booting from the secondary OS SSD but got the following error:

Reboot and Select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot media in selected Boot Device

In the BIOS I'm only seeing the new SSD in the Windows Boot Manager.

Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot 721818fa-c2ca-49d7-a45e-225fa6e67ee8?upload=true.jpg

Did my fresh install somehow affect the secondary OS on the other SSD rendering it useless??

Thanks in advance!

Iggyz, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

After fresh Windows 10 install on new SSD my dual (WIn10) boot got borked.

tangkadvillamora, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

1. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot - Similar Threads - Fresh install internal

2. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot: I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to install Windows 10 onto the new SSD and then dual-boot the two systems. I think that is possible.If someone can guide me to...
  3. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot: I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to install Windows 10 onto the new SSD and then dual-boot the two systems. I think that is possible.If someone can guide me to...
  4. Fresh Windows install on SSD with GPT wont Boot

Fresh Windows install on SSD with GPT wont Boot: Hello Community This title is found several times in several forums through google. But I didnt found any solution to my problem. First my PC Setup and what I want to do: Motherboard: Z97-K Disks: Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series 125 GB Windows installed Samsung...
  5. Cannot boot from fresh install SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot from fresh install SSD: I bought SSD Samsung 860 evo recently and I want to use it to store the OS instead of my old HDD I try using the application out there to migrate OS but there's sector problem so I decide to fresh install I did just like the forum said, first I create bootable device which...
  6. install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD?

install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD?: My Boot disc is complicated. Dual boot Win7Pro 64 Sp1 + Linux + a remnant of previous Win10 installation. The Win7 part, my daily driver, has 237 installed programs (noted by Revo). I'm finally ready to give Win10 another go, but I'd prefer to leave intact as much as possible...
  7. After fresh Windows 10 install on new SSD my dual WIn10 boot got borked.

After fresh Windows 10 install on new SSD my dual WIn10 boot got borked.: Greetings, I had previously a dual WIN10 on my PC - each OS was installed on seperate SSDs , one I kept as a reserve in case of problems etc. So on startup both OS was shown in the boot screen. I recently upgraded my pc everything besides the harddisks, all was still fine...
  8. Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+): Hi, I have been experiencing delayed boot times on my PC for a while and decided to just do a factory reset in hopes of remedying the issue. The issue still persists so I am seeking @zinou 's help in analyzing the ETL Boot Trace file after reading multiple threads on here...
  9. Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit

in Windows 10 Support
    Freshly installed win10 not booting up after deleting dual boot partit: Hello guys.. I was running Windows 10 alongside linux mint on a different partition. I deleted the partition for linux mint but that made me regret as I ran into a series of trouble and messed up everything.. I decided to delete my win10 partition as well in hope to fix the...
  10. Dual Boot on external SSD?

Dual Boot on external SSD?: Hi guys, I'm currently running Windows 7 (Bootcamp, MBP 2012) and planning to buy a new MSI laptop running Win 10. I would like to ask if it's possible to clone my old Windows 7 to an external SSD and run it as a Dual Boot on the new laptop? I'm working in music...