Windows 10: Fresh Install want to go online ONLY to activate, stopping all updates

Discus and support Fresh Install want to go online ONLY to activate, stopping all updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have gone through the tutorials and a few seem to fit what i need to a degree but nothing mentions what i want to do and that is go online activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alloneword, May 2, 2019.

1. Fresh Install want to go online ONLY to activate, stopping all updates

I have gone through the tutorials and a few seem to fit what i need to a degree but nothing mentions what i want to do and that is go online activate the machine and NOTHING else, no windows updates no driver updates, nothing.

Right now i am runninghome when key is for pro version 1809 build 17763.379, so i want to go online activate back to pro so i can do some tinkering before i go online and do updates etc, if anyone has any suggestions for the best way to do this i'd be glad to hear your thoughts.

All1

:)

Alloneword, May 2, 2019

2. Fresh Paint and the Activity Packs

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

As per your query, I like to inform you that:

• The activity pack will we available under Features pack, if you have already brought the pack then, when you click on the activity pack it give you option to install/use.

• All the activity pack will be available in the home page of Fresh Paint app, you can select the desire activity pack and buy it.
    For more information, I suggest you to refer to the below link:

Fresh Paint FAQ....

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 2, 2019
  3. Activation of Windows 10 fresh install

Hi Davmax,

Please reply, did you try the suggestion by Andre Da Costa?

If haven’t tried, refer to the suggestion by Andre Da Costa and check if it helps. If the issue persists, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + R keys on the keyboard to open run command, type
      slui.exe 4 and press Enter.
    • Select the country you are living in and make a call to the number provided on the screen for further assistance regarding activation.

You can also refer to the below link for Microsoft Volume Licensing Activation Centers
    worldwide telephone numbers:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/existing-customer/activation-centers.aspx

Write to us for further assistance regarding activation issues face on the computer, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 2, 2019
  4. Fresh Install want to go online ONLY to activate, stopping all updates

Fresh install, Win Update issue

I've just done this on several computers at work. There is a download from Microsoft that will help with the initial update after a fresh install! Give me a sec. and I'll find the name:

Windows6.1-KB3102810-x64.msu

I think if you just search for the KB3102810 part you will find it online somewhere. It's just slightly more than 3 MB in size. We waited over an hour with one of the processor cores pegged with nothing happening. This was on a fresh install of Win 7 64-bit SP1 and we were just trying to get the very first update (the one before the massive ~1 GB of updates)

I never saw a .msu before but it runs just like an executable. It will still take a few minutes after you have that patch installed for the update to run but you won't be waiting forever like before.

Beertintedgoggles, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Fresh Install want to go online ONLY to activate, stopping all updates

1. Fresh Install want to go online ONLY to activate, stopping all updates - Similar Threads - Fresh Install online

2. Activate windows after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate windows after fresh install: I had a crash and found faulty hardware, and ended up wiping my main windows drive to do a fresh install. Now when I log in I get the "Activate Windows" after logging into my account. As if my key no longer works. This key is literally less than 2 months old. Any help works,...
  3. What's going on with my fresh install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's going on with my fresh install?: I made Windows 10 reinstall a month ago. With new clean installation USB. OS Build 19041.508 Since reinstall, every now and then, File Explorer becomes unresponsive. I can restart it, I can try logging off, I can try pressing icons in task bar and nothing happens. I can...
  4. Fresh Install - PC Will not stop crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install - PC Will not stop crashing: I decided it was time to do a fresh install of Windows 10 x64. I've done it many times for many PC's. It's always been a relatively easygoing process. Not this time. Before the reinstall, my PC was running fine. All my drives, no freezing, nothing. After the reinstall, I'm...
  5. How do I stop all my photos on Windows 10 from automatically going online-only rather than...

How do I stop all my photos on Windows 10 from automatically going online-only rather than...: I’m going to clean install Windows and I want my pictures to stay on the hard drive rather than the low quality online version that I would otherwise have on OneDrive. It shows two blue arrows in a circular shape next to the file and says they are online only. I want them to...
  6. Fresh install with 1909 only?

Fresh install with 1909 only?: Hi everyone; Did a fresh install of Windows 10 last night to attempt to fix some power on from sleep issues that I am having on my notebook. I like to use the Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB for the install, so I can format the drive using command prompt etc....
  7. Windows updates go online .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates go online .: Is there a cmd that will force windows update to go online for updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-go-online/483d0bcb-46ae-459b-bfa4-66e4af16f52c
  8. Why are all my photos "online only?"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are all my photos "online only?": Recently moved photos onto my desktop and when I was working with them, when I deleted one it said "online only, won't go to recycle bin." But I wanted these photos on my desktop. I want to store them on the hard drive, I don't care if there is a copy in the cloud, that's...
  9. Windows activation on fresh install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation on fresh install: I recently upgraded almost all the hardware in my pc including my motherboard. My new motherboard did not recognize my ssd with windows installed as a bootable device so after some troubleshooting I decided to freshly install windows on said ssd. I have a windows 10 pro...
  10. Win10 Fresh Install All Folders Are Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Fresh Install All Folders Are Read Only: New to Windows 10., pulled the SSD in my PC where I run Windows 7 Home Premium, I installed Windows 10 Home on a new 500GB SSD in its place. I am able to install software, and installed a Xerox Simplex Combo Scanner which comes with Paperport 14 and several utilities. One of...