Windows 10: Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

Discus and support Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having issues with Windows loading up and getting a blank screen when Windows loads. Its been gong on for weeks on my Pc. But it works using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Plymouthbiker, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

I've been having issues with Windows loading up and getting a blank screen when Windows loads. Its been gong on for weeks on my Pc. But it works using the hdmi connection on my motherboard. But not my MSI gaming X 1660ti using the same connection. Everything worked well before the latest build of windows. 20H2. So I performed a wipe of my pc. And everything worked well with it plugged into my Gpu until Windows loaded and the settings started changing as it was installing things automatically. The display dimensions changed as it was running for the first time which I guess was it configuring

:)

Plymouthbiker, Dec 2, 2022

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Dec 2, 2022
  3. LJH FL Win User
    Win 10 blank screen

Win 10 downloaded & converted cleanly. It worked cleanly for 2 days on a Dell laptop - Inspiron 15z (5523, Late 2012). Decided to do a clean install to clear out residual history stuff. Made backup copies of my files. Initiated the creation of the
    recovery/restore USB. "When it finished I clicked on file explorer and the screen went blank. Only the cursor remained. Nothing would change the screen but the cursor would respond properly.

Powered off and powered on and got to the sign on page. Enter password and got welcome screen with circling dots. When this process turned control over to desktop the screen goes blank but shows cursor. Tried key combinations (Fn, windows, etc,) and only
    the CTL-ALT-Del combo worked which brought up task mgr. All systems were go according to Task mgr. Could start and stop processes. Also enable and disable them. Trying to see the storage location or other function gave me an "not found" error msg.
    Could use the network and power buttons properly in task mgr. So the hardware was working and the drivers too. Windows 10 is running but does not display on the screen. Win 10 is running in idle mode.

Tried to use alternate boot up which gives the windows logo and then goes to the blank screen with cursor. Hardware diagnostics are fine and pass the tests. The majority of advice in the "community" require visual access to recovery steps or restore steps.
    How to get that done?

Suggestions?

LJH FL, Dec 2, 2022
  4. Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

1. Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti - Similar Threads - Fresh install blank

2. Windows Security Blank Screen after Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Blank Screen after Fresh Install: I've been encountering this problem where Windows Security only shows a blank screen, so I decided to reinstall Windows, even to the point where I chose the "Clean the Drive" Option.However, even after multiple resets and Windows reinstalls even through Windows ISO, I still...
  3. Windows Security Blank Screen after Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Blank Screen after Fresh Install: I've been encountering this problem where Windows Security only shows a blank screen, so I decided to reinstall Windows, even to the point where I chose the "Clean the Drive" Option.However, even after multiple resets and Windows reinstalls even through Windows ISO, I still...
  4. Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti: I've been having issues with Windows loading up and getting a blank screen when Windows loads. Its been gong on for weeks on my Pc. But it works using the hdmi connection on my motherboard. But not my MSI gaming X 1660ti using the same connection. Everything worked well...
  5. Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh install win 10 blank screen 1660Ti: I've been having issues with Windows loading up and getting a blank screen when Windows loads. Its been gong on for weeks on my Pc. But it works using the hdmi connection on my motherboard. But not my MSI gaming X 1660ti using the same connection. Everything worked well...
  6. Win 10 posts to blank screen ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 posts to blank screen ?: My windows 10 will boot past post but then goes to blank screen. Im on vers 1511 pro I have reinstalled windows more then one time. I have booted in safe mode and uninstalled video drivers and also monitor drivers . This helps until I fully power off my system then system...
  7. Fresh install of Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of Win 10: I have an 2014 vintage ASUS Transformer that I would like to wipe clean and buy/install Windows 10. The problem is the original Win 8.1 install seems to be corrupt. It will not update, and if I try to refresh or reinstall, it wants the installation media, which I do not have....
  8. Fresh install of windows and my activation screen is blank

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh install of windows and my activation screen is blank: I recently reinstalled windows with the built in tool, now my activation screen is blank and I have no clue where I would even get my code once I can access that....
  9. Fresh Install Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install Win 10: My two PC were free upgraded to Win 10 last year. I want to re install the Win 10 on one of that PC due to virus in that PC which is not getting removed. My question is, how to re install Win 10 and how it will be activated. Do I need to note down some thing from this PC to...
  10. win 10 blank screen and no response

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 blank screen and no response: I was running win 10 version 14332.1001 and began having a blank screen when trying to wake the pc from sleep mode. The pc would not respond at all. No keys, nor mouse would do a thing. When I tried to shut the pc down using the button on the case it also would do nothing. I...