Windows 10: Fresh install Windows 10 seems to be restarting after May/June update

Discus and support Fresh install Windows 10 seems to be restarting after May/June update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I had to reinstall windows on my machine. Everything installed correctly and seemed to work at first, but then things started getting weird. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FixdaFernback, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Fresh install Windows 10 seems to be restarting after May/June update

So I had to reinstall windows on my machine. Everything installed correctly and seemed to work at first, but then things started getting weird.

When I log in to my desktop machine, it randomly either restarts or freezes. And with no warning prompt or anything. I could be trying to download Chrome and BOOM, it dies. My BIOS seems normal and my Hard drive *SEEMS* okay, but it went south as soon as I updated Windows 10, I think it was the May/June 2020 update.

I had it go to a previous and it works just fine, also in Safe Mode it works perfectly well, just when I got to the base OS without any tries the machine dies on me, it's not overheating or anything as my BIOS is saying it's not.

Is it a hard drive issue with the update, because I don't think it's my fresh install Windows 10.

Trying to do a system restart can make it crash and restart as well if I try it. I also unplug my Xbox Controller and it doesn't seem to boot, there is an error sometimes when I try to do "Startup Repair" Saying something about "log file c /windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt" if at all.

Anyone know anything?

:)

FixdaFernback, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 8, 2020
  3. DirectX June Update

Microsoft has released an updated version of DirectX for June, although it isn’t clear whether the update is just for DirectX 9.0c or for DirectX 10 on Vista as well. Regardless of this, it is still recommended that Vista users update their systems because Vista will benefit from any DirectX 9.0c fixes when playing DirectX 9 games. The web installer is only for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), whilst the redistributable version will also work with Vista. The download links are listed below:
    • Web installer for Windows 2000, XP and 2003: download [44KB - 41.4MB]
    • Redistributable installer for Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista: download [53.6MB]

Jimmy 2004, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Fresh install Windows 10 seems to be restarting after May/June update

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Fresh install Windows 10 seems to be restarting after May/June update

1. Fresh install Windows 10 seems to be restarting after May/June update - Similar Threads - Fresh install seems

2. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.: After I reinstalled windows 10 in my desktop and after it boots up it takes 1-2 min to either restart my system or freeze and become completely unresponsive. I have tried most fixes on the internet and nothing has worked this far and I'm getting very desperate. I need ideas....
  3. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.: After I reinstalled windows 10 in my desktop and after it boots up it takes 1-2 min to either restart my system or freeze and become completely unresponsive. I have tried most fixes on the internet and nothing has worked this far and I'm getting very desperate. I need ideas....
  4. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Latest Windows Updates, November, May and June

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Updates, November, May and June: all of windows updates since november have done damage to my computer, Mays wiped out my graphics, mouse leaves a trail, screen is shifter to the left, Junes update removed everything from desktop but recycling bin and removed everything from task bar and will not let you put...
  6. Windows 10 after fresh install

Windows 10 after fresh install: As we all know, Windows 10 installation comes with pre-installed apps, automatically starting services. Now just to be clear I want to be in the safe side this time, that's why I'm asking here. What are the applications and services that are unnecessary & doesn't effect...
  7. lost touch screen with may/june update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost touch screen with may/june update: Levovo 11e Type 20D9, 20DA Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20DA gen 1, win10 home build 19041.329. before update touch screen worked fine now the os states no pen or touch screen available, nothing shows in device manager in HID...
  8. Random restarts after fresh Windows 10 Installation

Random restarts after fresh Windows 10 Installation: Hi all, the last almost 2 months I have this random restarts in my windows 10 OS. I tried everything, removing the drivers, install latest, install older.The same things happened. Any idea what may happening ? I'm really frustrated with this!...
  9. Random restarts after fresh Windows 10 Installation

Random restarts after fresh Windows 10 Installation: Hi all, the last almost 5-6 months I have this random restarts in my windows 10 OS. They seem to be focused probably on the graphics card drivers....I think. My VGA is an Asus ATI FX480 8Gb card. I tried everything, removing the drivers, install latest, install older, clean...
  10. Windows 10 install OOBE restart loop after fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install OOBE restart loop after fresh install: I'm unable to get windows to install properly properly and have spent the around 20 hours in total trying to troubleshoot it the last 2 days. It started with a failed overclock attempt, and reseting uefi to default settings. When I booted up again the start menu didn't...