Windows 10: Fresh install - windows is installing stuff without my consent ?

Discus and support Fresh install - windows is installing stuff without my consent ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Frustrating. Installed windows + anti virus and from nowhere a pop up window showed up to install Razer Synapse. How why is windows installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dariusz, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Dariusz Win User

Fresh install - windows is installing stuff without my consent ?

Hey

Frustrating. Installed windows + anti virus and from nowhere a pop up window showed up to install Razer Synapse. How why is windows installing stuff without my approval? Where can I disable that invasive functionality? I pretty much want to disable any/all automatic installations/etc/etc/etc

:)

Dariusz, Aug 26, 2016

2. Windows 10

Can I sue Microsoft for installing windows 10 without my consent?

jeffbrownYX, Aug 26, 2016
  3. A Windows 10 update on 8/30/16 crashed my computer (err. 0xc0000225). How do I reinstall Win 10?

An update ran automatically on Tuesday morning and locked up my Lenovo laptop. It would not boot afterward and showed the 225 error. It has been at a repair center for four days, where they had to backup the data and do a fresh Windows 8 install. They indicated
    that they are unable to install Windows 10.

How can I reinstall Windows 10? I originally installed it over the internet. Will my license key be usable? Will it be automatically recognized?

Is there any recourse for this event, which was caused by a process initiated without my action or consent?

Richard Witten, Aug 26, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Dariusz, *Smile

If you have a Razer mouse or keyboard connected to the PC, then it sounds like the pop up window showed up to install Razer Synapse is part of its software settings to auto update.

Brink, Aug 26, 2016
  5. mrgeek Win User
    By asking you, it shows your PUP software is working. It did not auto-install and it's a 3rd party install, not a Windows program. You can adjust your UAC control to control the install warning window more to your liking.

mrgeek, Aug 26, 2016
  6. Dariusz Win User
    Yes but he installed outdated drivers for nvidia graphic card. It just made me wonder what other outdated stuff windows installed. So yes. How do I disable ALL automatic win 10 functions? Its the last thing I want to have wrong driver installed in my system that is outdated and buggy...

Not only that it installed all the junk that comes with the driver that I never install !
    Fresh install - windows is installing stuff without my consent ? [​IMG]

Now I have to dig in find that program to fully and properly uninstall nvidia drivers and reinstall them again making a mess out of registry within 10 minutes of installing fresh windows!

Dariusz, Aug 26, 2016
  7. flybynite Win User
    If you have two hard drives or partitions, you could download all your up to date drivers, and put them on there. Then you could reinstall windows without internet access. Once you have it installed simply install the drivers from your other partition, then plug in the internet.

flybynite, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Fresh install - windows is installing stuff without my consent ? - Similar Threads - Fresh install installing

2. Stop installing software without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop installing software without consent: I turned my laptop on this morning to find it chugging and almost falling over. I am in the middle of a large render process and running close to my maximum disk space. After investigating why it was chugging along, I found Windows did an automatically installation of...
  3. Stop installing software without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop installing software without consent: I turned my laptop on this morning to find it chugging and almost falling over. I am in the middle of a large render process and running close to my maximum disk space. After investigating why it was chugging along, I found Windows did an automatically installation of...
  4. Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent: Windows 11 was installed without my permission yesterday when I tried to switch back to Windows 10 the button was greyed out and said theat windows 11 was installed more than 10 days ago. How do I get windows 10 back?...
  5. Windows 11 installed without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installed without consent: Windows 11 has been trying to force itself onto me for years. For years, I've refused, annoyed at the stupid screen telling me "Setting up" "Almost ready" to then ask me whether I want to install office and whether I want to "upgrade" to windows 11. The last day, an update...
  6. Windows 11 installed without consent

Windows 11 installed without consent: Windows 11 has been trying to force itself onto me for years. For years, I've refused, annoyed at the stupid screen telling me "Setting up" "Almost ready" to then ask me whether I want to install office and whether I want to "upgrade" to windows 11. The last day, an update...
  7. Fresh Windows 10 install into 2 separate drives without my consent, need to merge back into...

Fresh Windows 10 install into 2 separate drives without my consent, need to merge back into...: Hello everyone!So when I installed Windows 10 3 weeks ago, Windows chose to use 2 drives for the installation. I didnt know this until today, when I bought a new drive and unplugged the SSD where Windows had 2 hidden partitions with part of the windows files.I had an error...
  8. Fresh Windows 10 install into 2 separate drives without my consent, need to merge back into...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fresh Windows 10 install into 2 separate drives without my consent, need to merge back into...: Hello everyone!So when I installed Windows 10 3 weeks ago, Windows chose to use 2 drives for the installation. I didnt know this until today, when I bought a new drive and unplugged the SSD where Windows had 2 hidden partitions with part of the windows files.I had an error...
  9. Fresh Windows 10 install into 2 separate drives without my consent, need to merge back into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Without my consent.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Without my consent.: I scheduled the latest Windows Update for sometime next week. I woke up this morning with my computer in the middle of the update. I had to access some files for work but couldn't. Windows Update acted without my consent. I took the time to verify twice that the scheduled...