Windows 10: Fresh re-install OS, Suddenly slow D: drive, Restore w/ Macrium Reflect?

Discus and support Fresh re-install OS, Suddenly slow D: drive, Restore w/ Macrium Reflect? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had 1 SSD with win10 OS + 2 HDDs for data. Both HDD were fine. I decided to reinstall win10 from scratch so I made an SSD C: drive image backup in D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zacce, Jan 31, 2021.

1. /u/zacce Win User

Fresh re-install OS, Suddenly slow D: drive, Restore w/ Macrium Reflect?

I had 1 SSD with win10 OS + 2 HDDs for data. Both HDD were fine.

I decided to reinstall win10 from scratch so I made an SSD C: drive image backup in D drive using Macrium Reflect.

After fresh install of win10, I found the D drive is extremely slow (100% usage in Task manager for hours, while E drive is fine). I couldn't even scan the D drive for errors properly in win10.

I reboot into win10 install media>advanced option>command. Currently running "chkdsk -f -r" (Stage 2 right now)

Is my HDD suddenly failing? Or, if I restore back to my previous win10 using Macrium Reflect, will it be back to normal? Any help will be appreciated.

edit1: chkdsk stage 2 took 51 minutes. "91186 reparse records processed".

submitted by /u/zacce
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zacce, Jan 31, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Fresh re-install OS, Suddenly slow D: drive, Restore w/ Macrium Reflect? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Cliff S Win User
    New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Jan 31, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives

I've never had any issues with Macrium Reflect Free rescue drive seeing my internal D: drive. I would suggest you try it again and look better for files on D: drive.

UPDATE: So I booted into a freshly created Macrium Reflect rescue USB flash drive. When I browsed for image files to restore from, my normal C: drive partition did not have a drive letter (although my second data SATA drive did get a drive letter). Now, I don't know if it was because I created the rescue drive from Macrium Reflect installed on C: drive or not. Anyway, the solution to the missing drive letter was to click on the icon for command prompt. Run diskpart. Then I selected the partition missing the drive letter and was able to assign a drive letter to it. In my case it was:
    Code:

NavyLCDR, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Fresh re-install OS, Suddenly slow D: drive, Restore w/ Macrium Reflect? - Similar Threads - Fresh install Suddenly

2. Macrium reflect system restore function?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect system restore function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698
  3. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  4. Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore: Just done an interesting test comparing MR V7 versus V6. New feature of V7 is it compares source and target and only restores files missing or changed (I assume it deletes ones in target not in source - have not yet tested that). So I initially created a Macrium image...
  5. Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?

Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?: This morning I had a computer crash . Somehow it got stuck on an upgrade . I Booted into system restore and tried to restore to earlier date. Error message came up indicating I had drive issues so I continued with the offer to scan and repair the drive. After drive was...
  6. Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive: I want to add a SSD Drive SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE256BW to my computer. I have done a system image of my WD drive,will I be able to install the image to the SSD drive? The WD drive has a partition on it that is...
  7. First major Macrium Reflect issue can't backup D drive.

First major Macrium Reflect issue can't backup D drive.: I have a 1TB internal D drive that has certain files on it and Macrium Reflect Home refused to back it up. I can image the C: drive no problem but the secondary d: drive I want to image and all I keep getting is "The destination path is included in the image" and I can't...
  8. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  9. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524