Windows 10: Fresh reload of Windows 10 and the way it looks

Discus and support Fresh reload of Windows 10 and the way it looks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Laptop SSD drive failed, totally so I lost everything and a reload of Windows 10 looks different. Some good, some bad. 1. One of the bad for me is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jagman, Mar 21, 2019.

1. jagman Win User

Fresh reload of Windows 10 and the way it looks

My Laptop SSD drive failed, totally so I lost everything and a reload of Windows 10 looks different. Some good, some bad.

1. One of the bad for me is the page/screen at power-up. Use to be just the BACKGROUND, Internet connection icon to logon.
    Now Windows has added extra stuff of "do you like this? Do you like that?.....".I can not find a way to get rid of this "extra" stuff, etc.
    Must be someway to get back to a CLEAN PICTURE/BACKGROUND??
    Is there?
    2. I use my Taskbar on the LEFT due to width versus height of a computer screen [better proportion]. I can make my TASKBAR Icons really small. BUT my "small icons" on my: DESKTOP Icons are BIG in proportions. [ View > Large icons, Medium icons, Small icons] to the size of the Taskbar Icons.
    Desktop Icons, is SMALL the smallest I can make them??

:)

jagman, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 21, 2019
  3. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Fresh reload of Windows 10 and the way it looks - Similar Threads - Fresh reload looks

2. Windows 10 reload question?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reload question?: Gary:I run a Dell Inspiron 5770 on W10.Last weekend the Hard drive quit working & I was forced to back up & reload W10 from MS.It took me until now to get everything 95% back to normal after all the W10 updates & Dell updates. And reinstalling all of my lost apps.I still have...
  3. Reload Windows 10

Reload Windows 10: I have a Windows 10 computer with the latest updates. It's become VERY slow to load. Quite frequently the computer "hangs" and the only way I can get to boot is to do a Ctrl Cmd Delete move. I'm wondering if I should put a fresh copy of Windows on it and if so, how to do...
  4. Reload Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Reload Windows 10: I have a Windows 10 computer with the latest updates. It's become VERY slow to load. Quite frequently the computer "hangs" and the only way I can get to boot is to do a Ctrl Cmd Delete move. I'm wondering if I should put a fresh copy of Windows on it and if so, how to do...
  5. Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways: I did a search for this but only found old results. I'm looking for a way to truncate file names in bulk by removing a common beginning and ending, leaving only the unique middle portion of the name. For example from this: AAAA - Dfhsd (3jd4).mp4 AAAA - hsji (3jd4).mp4 AAAA -...
  6. Windows 10 reload

Windows 10 reload: Can I remove windows 10 and download a fresh version to get rid of the log files that are using all of my hard drive space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reload/bf434695-4c8b-45b4-aa63-d61ae1f7a58d
  7. Windows 10 wont reload

Windows 10 wont reload: For the last few months my windows 10 wont reload.I have left it on all night,every now and then i get up and click on restore but nothing happens.Its as if its frozen. Im a disabled lady and i live in rural Scotland,this is my only contact with the outside.Any help...
  8. Just reloaded windows 10...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just reloaded windows 10...: now I'm having performance issues! Extremely slow and sluggish... Is my computer getting ready to quit or have I overloaded it? I've gone through everything I can think of like clearing browsers and defragging and nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?...
  9. Gmail - A Fresh Look...

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail - A Fresh Look...: Thanks @Edwin found them in the bottom of that window. I just didn't look far enough. But you'd think they should be visible on the "main" display page. Really doesn't matter, I'm going to stick with the old version anyway.
  10. Reload 10 or not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reload 10 or not?: I currently run W10 build 9879 on two computers, one gets used quite a lot more than the other. The favoured one has 41 successful updates and 3 failures to date and the other one has had 11 ok and 15 fails. At the moment I can't seem to get the five outstanding updates to...