Windows 10: Fresh Reset Impact on Hardware?

Discus and support Fresh Reset Impact on Hardware? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everybody! I got my computer about two years ago now. A fresh quarter was starting and I had no need for a lot of the documents and bloat that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoelDavidson4, May 2, 2020.

1. Fresh Reset Impact on Hardware?

Hey everybody!

I got my computer about two years ago now. A fresh quarter was starting and I had no need for a lot of the documents and bloat that had accumulated on my computer, plus I wanted to clean out my directories so I took the easy way out and factory reset Windows without bothering to back too much up. I thought this would make my computer faster and run more effectively overall. However, it came with problems I did not foresee.

For one, I have an unnaturally slow response when opening the right click menu on desktop addressed here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-time-to/91ba00bb-e5ab-4571-8149-d955af8be9ba. This is a nuisance at best.

I also play games in my free time, and I then noticed that games that ran with ease before suddenly stutter horribly even when not much is occurring on screen. I have updated all my drivers, ensured the correct graphics card is being used, repaired files from command prompt and done everything I could think of to remedy this situation, which I should state again, only happened after I bothered with a factory reset. Some audio devices are also not being detected.

One final thing I can't understand is that there is an unrecognized device in my computer at all times and since no information about it is displayed I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is. To be fair, I'm not sure if this is the case before I restarted my computer.

Does anybody have any suggestions to repair this? I'm not sure what the best approach is at this point, or if any additional information would be helpful, but I'm running 64xWindows 10, Nvidea GTX1080, with standard fare intel GPU. Its a gaming rig.

Thanks guys! Let me know if anybody has any problems similar and I can share my attempted fixes so far.

:)

JoelDavidson4, May 2, 2020

2. Mouse Pointer in Fresh Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

As of now, there is no option to disappear mouse pointer and turn into a dot or circle.I suggest you to use feedback inside the fresh paint app and give feedback regarding this.

Please follow the steps below:

• Open fresh paint.
    • Click on hub(the three lines, in top left corner).
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on send feedback.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 2, 2020
  3. Insider with hardware problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will
    not impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD .

• Video card .

• Adding extra memory.
    The only hardware changes that can negatively impact the activation status once you upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU

• TPM

• Motherboard replacement
    Hope this information helps.

Morris Subba, May 2, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Fresh Reset Impact on Hardware?

Fresh Paint

Hi,

Since the feature just disappeared after the update, there is a possibility that the feature was removed intentionally. We can try to reset the app to make sure all the feature on updated version is included by following the steps below:

• Type settings on the search box.
    • On the Windows Settings window, click on System.
    • Select App & features on the left pane of the window.
    • Look for the Fresh Paint app on the list and click on it.
    • Once you click on the app, an Advance option link will appear and click it.
    • Click the Reset button.
    • Exit out of the window and open the Fresh Paint app and check if the feature is still missing.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Fresh Reset Impact on Hardware?

1. Fresh Reset Impact on Hardware? - Similar Threads - Fresh Reset Impact

2. Genshin impact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Genshin impact: Hello everyone..I'm Daim.. I play a game called Genshin... And the problem I'm facing is that whenever I fullscreen1680x1050my game..it colors changes.. Even though my PC recommend this resolution...I don't know why this is happening..if less my resolution then the colors get...
  3. Genshin impact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Genshin impact: Hello everyone..I'm Daim.. I play a game called Genshin... And the problem I'm facing is that whenever I fullscreen1680x1050my game..it colors changes.. Even though my PC recommend this resolution...I don't know why this is happening..if less my resolution then the colors get...
  4. Genshin Impact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Genshin Impact: Is my genshin impact account still safe if i stay on windows 10 and never upgrade to windows 11? But someone says "No. If you are running the game on an unsupported, outdated, or end of support system, you will always run the risk of losing not only your Genshin account, but...
  5. Genshin Impact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Genshin Impact: Is my genshin impact account still safe if i stay on windows 10 and never upgrade to windows 11? But someone says "No. If you are running the game on an unsupported, outdated, or end of support system, you will always run the risk of losing not only your Genshin account, but...
  6. Hardware driver issues with huge negative impact on frame rate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware driver issues with huge negative impact on frame rate: Dear Microsoft support,Dear all,unfortunately I'm experiencing huge frame drops in a game PUBG, again. The first time I experienced this was back in Decemeber 2020, and I could solve it in March 2021 by installing Windows 20H2 via the Media Creation Tool, including the update...
  7. Reset vs Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset vs Fresh Start: What is the difference between reset and fresh start? I know both have the option to keep personal files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-vs-fresh-start/1bf783a2-19b7-48eb-a9a8-f0f693171dcc
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on new hardware with fresh windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on new hardware with fresh windows install: Hello all, I am getting a bit desperate, I really hope someone could help me come think of anything I haven't tried yet. Long story short: Got a new system 3 weeks ago: Mainboard: Asus X570-Plus TUF GAMING Memory: G.Skill 32 GB DDR4-3600 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN, Trident Z...
  9. Genshin impact

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Genshin impact: Hi, i would like to know if there is way to run Genshin impact via Comand prompt without putting in administrator for the kernel level anticheat. submitted by /u/--jackette-- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxgewm/genshin_impact/
  10. Fresh Install or Reset PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install or Reset PC?: When you select Recovery option the Reset PC it gives the option to 'Remove Everything' so Is a Fresh Install the same as using the Reset Pc function? There is also an Advanced startup option. I want to start completely fresh and do a clean install but really not sure which...