Windows 10: Fresh rewrite of the W10 bootloader

Discus and support Fresh rewrite of the W10 bootloader in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What would be the proper way to rewrite the W10 bootloader? Out of the partitions 99MB, 91.90MB is used, leaving only 7.10MB unused. Too many Linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hapEcat, Aug 10, 2021.

1. hapEcat Win User

Fresh rewrite of the W10 bootloader

What would be the proper way to rewrite the W10 bootloader? Out of the partitions 99MB, 91.90MB is used, leaving only 7.10MB unused. Too many Linux dual-boot sessions have grown the used portion of the boot partition from 34.45MB to the present 91.9MB. The GRUB entries were removed each time, but the partition has continued to grow. Just looking for the proper way to return it to it's original state. I already have a Media Creation, I made ~6mo ago. HP 15-f271wm, 8GBRAM, 512GB ADATA SSD W10 Home Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043

:)

hapEcat, Aug 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Rewrite feature in Microsoft Word for Office 365

Source: Rewrite in Word – Say it another way! - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Rewrite feature in Microsoft Word for Office 365

Source: Rewrite in Word – Say it another way! - Office Insider Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Aug 10, 2021
  4. whatitdo6 Win User

How To Fix The Windows 10 Bootloader

THANK YOU. This solved it. I think this was mentioned earlier by you or someone else perhaps but I've messed around with it enough now where I vaguely understood what the commands were doing. I actually had to delete the partition, recreate it, and re write the BCD as you suggested in Step 3.

Shoutout to @topgundcp I'm sure that last method you suggested would have worked too, but now I understand how to do it manually, so I learned something.

Also, thank you @NavyLCDR for your help as well.

I have ONE last question, any SAFE way to remove the old ubuntu EFI entries that are present in my UEFI as boot options?

edit: Nvm, figured it out. For anyone else wanting to know how to remove old EFI boot entries, use "EasyUEFI" it is super easy. Took like 10 seconds after install. I DID have two identical looking EFI's for my samsung ssd, one of them, in the details, showed that it had no file path. I assumed that was my old broken one and deleted it, must have been correct bc my computer boots up perfect.

Thanks!!!

whatitdo6, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Fresh rewrite of the W10 bootloader - Similar Threads - Fresh rewrite W10

2. bootloader repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootloader repair: i have problem with windows bootloader since i installed it on external linux drive. I want to run the startup repair tool, but I need to sign in to my Microsoft account to proceed. when he enters his password, he tells me that it is incorrect, and it is correct because I can...
  3. Bootloader

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader: Hello I tried to create a USB external SSD portable Ubuntu. I followed the online instructions so as not to affect my bootloader. Guess what, it affected my bootloader . Without doing a clean install is there a way to restore the bootloader which is relatively...
  4. Does installing windows 10 reinstalls the w10 bootloader?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does installing windows 10 reinstalls the w10 bootloader?: in short, i cant turn on my pc because i dont have a bootloader(even if i have Windows), this happenend because i deleted a partition with Ubuntu on it submitted by /u/MatteoDE [link] [comments]...
  5. Clover Bootloader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clover Bootloader: Hiya, I am going to install clover bootloader whilst clean installing windows 10 for BIOS UEFI (but the BIOS UEFI are 32-Bit). So after I have set up the partitions (shift + F10 before installing windows) from command prompt - please note the automatic set up of partitions...
  6. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  7. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  8. Metro Bootloader

Metro Bootloader: I just did a dual boot with windows 10 and windows 7 and all I get is the black and white bootloader. Before I partitioned my drive and installed windows 7 I had the Metro bootloader with my windows 10 and Macrium Reflect but after installing windows 7 on the new partition...
  9. Fresh install of W10 on a tablet - W10 thinks its a desktop?!?

Fresh install of W10 on a tablet - W10 thinks its a desktop?!?: Tried the XDA forums and got no where so though someone here might assist? I bought a cheapy tablet called a Ployer MOMO8W, it had W10 working on it all OK but I had to perform a fresh install as the last W10 update wouldn't boot anymore. I used the bios to load from USB a...
  10. Bootloader Issue?

Bootloader Issue?: I'm not really sure which category this would go under, but here's my issue. I got a PC that has Windows 10 preinstalled on it and I wanted to run windows 7. I created a different partition then installed Windows 7. All the drivers worked and got installed. I wanted the...