Windows 10: Fresh Start Deleted files

Discus and support Fresh Start Deleted files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I completed a Fresh Start on my PC today. Now I have lost back up files for a certain program and the program was deleted. How can I get these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BindiB1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. BindiB1 Win User

Fresh Start Deleted files

Hi

I completed a Fresh Start on my PC today. Now I have lost back up files for a certain program and the program was deleted. How can I get these files back?

There is a file that is created call Windows old but the files don't seem to be in this folder.

:)

BindiB1, Sep 4, 2018

2. Fresh Start and Steam Files

I'm looking to use the fresh start feature, since I'm having issues with random restarting and general slowness. The problem is that every Steam game shows up on the list of applications to be deleted, and not all of them save to the cloud. I'm wondering
    if my game saves, and most importantly user data for applications in general, will be saved. Do I have to sort through all of my applications and move the saved files before using the fresh start? Or will it only delete the application's base files and not
    the saved info?

BradenCurrah, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fresh Start Deleted files - Similar Threads - Fresh Start Deleted

2. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Start: I have a Lenovo notebook pc...Celeron N2930 @ 1.83Ghz...4.00GB 64bit Device ID = A2BA8FA7-2D85-4D4F-8E29-D014EBC7F7B1 Prod ID = 00326-03532-49984-AAOEM This is an older pc that used to have Win 8 on it, but Win10 was added when it was refurbished before I bought it...
  3. Fresh start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fresh start: I recently purchased a new ssd and discovered the fresh start feature. When completing the fresh start do i have to reinstall windows back onto my hard drive or can i install it on the ssd? also if i do a fresh start will i have to buy a new activation key? Many thanks Kyle...
  4. "Fresh start"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Fresh start": Look at the following image. [ATTACH] What EXACTLY it keeps and removes? Will it improve the performance A LOT? Can I backup things I had before I did it, if I make a mistake?...
  5. Fresh Start

Fresh Start: A friend of mine used Fresh Start hoping to speed up her computer. The result, after an hour and a half or so, was that she couldn't do anything with her keyboard or mouse when she started up (or restarted). I saw that she had a serial port so I found an old serial mouse at...
  6. fresh paint deleting my files

fresh paint deleting my files: I use fresh paint to draw and it has recently been deleting my files by itself; is there some way I can get my drawings back? I worked for a long time on the latest that's been deleted....
  7. Fresh Start

Fresh Start: Tried fresh start to alleviate some of the problems on my desktop but now it is stuck in boot up mode. No start screen or password screen my monitor just says LENOVO and will not progress to next screen it has been stuck like this for over an hour....
  8. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh Start: Windows keeps saying to do a fresh start if I do will I need a disc copy of windows 10 or is it on my laptop and to I need the product code. Because I don't have it I got this laptop used and I'm afraid I will mess up my laptop....
  9. fresh start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh start: Hi, I did a fresh start yesterday,,, oh my!!! I wish I hadn't. All because I saw that it was recommended. I've been trying to fix my batterey only charging to 58% and it came up so I thought, why not if it needs to. It's wiped my google chrome & my Norton protection to name...
  10. Windows Fresh Start Deleted All My Files with NO warning

Windows Fresh Start Deleted All My Files with NO warning: The windows fresh start specifically said it will preserve all my files and delete only my apps. I did not back up my files and then it deleted all my files. WTH? How do I get my files back and why did you lie?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fresh start deleted files