Windows 10: Fresh Start Question

Discus and support Fresh Start Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently found this option in Windows Defender called Fresh Start. I have a question about this option. Let's say i am on a insider's build. If i do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Travis TúTrưởng, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Fresh Start Question

I recently found this option in Windows Defender called Fresh Start. I have a question about this option. Let's say i am on a insider's build. If i do a fresh start, will i go back to the previous stable build, or will i get a fresh install of the build i was on?

:)

Travis TúTrưởng, Dec 13, 2018

2. Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Start fresh

No "start fresh" messages, but the list of favorite sites is different. I don't even know how to make the old list come back. I asked once and was told that is a Microsoft secret.

KramdenAntiVirus, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Fresh Start Question

fresh start

I want to reinstall windows 10with a clean version

windows suggest to use the new fresh start that comes with the anniversary packet. I am unable to do a fresh start because my windows defender do have a security centre. please give me advice I am ready to throw this laptop out the window.

all I want is a fresh start. some one please help

faheemabrahams, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Fresh Start Question

1. Fresh Start Question - Similar Threads - Fresh Start Question

2. Fresh Start Question...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Start Question...: Greetings! I recently did a "Fresh Restart" on my P.C. I heard that this erases all installed apps but preserves your personal files.. The questions are, when I tried to reinstall a game, it didn't take long for it to be installed and it seems that it wasn't even deleted in...
  3. Question about Fresh Start

Question about Fresh Start: I have a few games on my PC and I have made a new volume and moved over 200GB of Game files to this new volume. If I do a Fresh Start from my Windows Security app and keep my personal files, will they stay intact as they aren't in C: Drive? submitted by /u/Neucleye [link]...
  4. Question about Windows fresh start.

Question about Windows fresh start.: I want to know which files might get deleted from this feature. Will this affect my steam installations if they are not installed in c drive? Will this affect the files in documents and downloads folder? I have several softwares installed which are not from the windows app...
  5. Fresh Paint question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Paint question: I have a surface pro and I like to use snip and sketch. Problem is, if I do a screenshot and draw/trace the object of the screenshot there seems to be no way to delete the original screenshot so that only the trace is left. Someone recommended Fresh Paint to me so I ask: can...
  6. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start: A friend of mine used Fresh Start hoping to speed up her computer. The result, after an hour and a half or so, was that she couldn't do anything with her keyboard or mouse when she started up (or restarted). I saw that she had a serial port so I found an old serial mouse at...
  7. Win10 Reet this PC or fresh start question

Win10 Reet this PC or fresh start question: What does 'keep personal file, settings and apps' mean? To be more specific - I'd like to reset my pc. Fully. But would like the previous installation to be moved to the windows.old folder, so that I can hand-pick files to move to the new installation. Does either Fresh...
  8. fresh start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh start: Hi, I did a fresh start yesterday,,, oh my!!! I wish I hadn't. All because I saw that it was recommended. I've been trying to fix my batterey only charging to 58% and it came up so I thought, why not if it needs to. It's wiped my google chrome & my Norton protection to name...
  9. Fresh installation question

Fresh installation question: I'm planning my first install of 10 onto a new SSD. I have win7 home registered and my account key on hand. From the reading I've done it seems possible to bypass the "upgrade" step but I'm still a bit confused by some of the jargon etc. Basically what is the simplest...
  10. Fresh Install Questions

Fresh Install Questions: Hey there, so recently I built my first gaming PC. I was having issues with it not displaying anything so I took it to a PC repair shop. The guy fixed it, and also installed Windows 10 as well as all the drivers. This was great, however, I now have a irrational fear that the...