Windows 10: Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed??

Discus and support Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tried to the "Fresh Start" on a Lenovo IdeaPad, Flex 4 running x86. I haven't really used PCs in 5 years so I'm a little out of it, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SiobhanLo, Nov 29, 2018.

1. SiobhanLo Win User

Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed??

Tried to the "Fresh Start" on a Lenovo IdeaPad, Flex 4 running x86. I haven't really used PCs in 5 years so I'm a little out of it, but the instructions said files would be kept and didn't say anything about exporting the actual Windows program files to an external disk for "Fresh Start."

It seemed like it completed and it asked me to choose a keyboard layout. But then, the only options that follow are "Troubleshoot your PC" or "Turn off your PC." I try everything within Troubleshoot, but all of the options fail.

Is there anything I can do?

See photos:

Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed?? [​IMG]

Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed?? [​IMG]

Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed?? [​IMG]Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed?? [​IMG]Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed?? [​IMG]Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed?? [​IMG]Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed?? [​IMG]

:)

SiobhanLo, Nov 29, 2018
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed??

Start fresh

No "start fresh" messages, but the list of favorite sites is different. I don't even know how to make the old list come back. I asked once and was told that is a Microsoft secret.

KramdenAntiVirus, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed??

1. Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed?? - Similar Threads - Fresh Start stuck

2. Window Fresh Start Stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Fresh Start Stuck: I did a windows fresh start and the installing windows page has been on 88% for many many hours. the dots are moving fine. i also cant shut it down. i had started fresh start yesterday maybe at 6pm and left it overnight. it is now 11am the next day. Should i keep waiting?...
  3. cursor stuck in middle of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor stuck in middle of screen: when i turn my comp on it all works ok but the curser is stuck in the middle of the screen i have had to revert too an mouse to move it which is how i got to ask this HELP please Moved from the Community Es...
  4. Fresh Start

Fresh Start: A friend of mine used Fresh Start hoping to speed up her computer. The result, after an hour and a half or so, was that she couldn't do anything with her keyboard or mouse when she started up (or restarted). I saw that she had a serial port so I found an old serial mouse at...
  5. windows fresh start stuck at 1%

windows fresh start stuck at 1%: my pc has been really slow so I'm trying to do a fresh start. its just been stuck on the blue popup saying Refreshing your PC, getting a few things ready and its just been stuck at 1%. how do I fix this and properly fresh start my PC?...
  6. Windows Update Service stuck on Starting on a Fresh PC

Windows Update Service stuck on Starting on a Fresh PC: Hey, so i had this issue where the windows Update service was stuck on Starting so i did a full reset on my computer in hopes that it would fix this issue but it did not, now i have a completly empty pc and the service is still not working, now here is the wierd thing, I...
  7. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh Start: Windows keeps saying to do a fresh start if I do will I need a disc copy of windows 10 or is it on my laptop and to I need the product code. Because I don't have it I got this laptop used and I'm afraid I will mess up my laptop....
  8. Can't re-install or fresh start Windows 10 - Stops in the middle of the process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't re-install or fresh start Windows 10 - Stops in the middle of the process: My Laptopis running very slow,I have tried to format, reset, fresh start andnothing can be completed. I have removed manually all programs not included in the initial configuration. What el se can I do?...
  9. fresh start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh start: Hi, I did a fresh start yesterday,,, oh my!!! I wish I hadn't. All because I saw that it was recommended. I've been trying to fix my batterey only charging to 58% and it came up so I thought, why not if it needs to. It's wiped my google chrome & my Norton protection to name...
  10. FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.: First of all you shouldn't have such a thing. Secondly all my apps and softwares got uninstalled and now my game which used to give 150-200 fps is stuck on 60 fps. Please help I have my tournament coming....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fresh start failed

2. windows 10 stuck in the middle of install what can i do