Windows 10: Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

Discus and support Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install a fresh copy reformatted the hard disk of windows 10 using a USB Created an installation media on a USB flash drive Win 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by deepakkaushik, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy reformatted the hard disk of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive Win 10 pro from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step Finishing up, it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

:)

deepakkaushik, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Agility Win User

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

1. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing - Similar Threads - Fresh USB Install

2. Fresh Install from USB media failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Install from USB media failing: My computer failed to boot into Windows following a regular shut down, and I decided to do a clean install of Windows.I made a new installation media on a USB drive, formatted both my hard drive and the SSD I use as my boot drive, and attempted to install windows. However, no...
  3. Fresh Install from USB media failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install from USB media failing: My computer failed to boot into Windows following a regular shut down, and I decided to do a clean install of Windows.I made a new installation media on a USB drive, formatted both my hard drive and the SSD I use as my boot drive, and attempted to install windows. However, no...
  4. Windows 11 fresh USB install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 fresh USB install: So I've just built a 64gb ram weapon and plugged in my new windows 11 USB, only to get through the first few steps of the install, to learn it doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Even though it blows them out of the water.I have no way of installing windows, or...
  5. Windows 11 fresh USB install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 fresh USB install: So I've just built a 64gb ram weapon and plugged in my new windows 11 USB, only to get through the first few steps of the install, to learn it doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Even though it blows them out of the water.I have no way of installing windows, or...
  6. Fresh Windows Install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows Install from USB: I have performed a refresh installation from 2 different USB drives and my HP Elitebook continously freezes on Just A Moment. Can some one please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-windows-install-from-usb/4e318321-4776-48e2-923d-39db72bfb940
  7. Windows 10 fresh installation from an out of the box USB drive fails because...

Windows 10 fresh installation from an out of the box USB drive fails because...: I have recently bought a new machine and a fresh new Windows 10. Everything is straight out of the box. When starting up, the BIOS screen looks good and it identifies all the hardware including the fresh new SSD. I tried installing Windows 10 and put the USB key I got from...
  8. Windows 10 USB is failing to install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 USB is failing to install: Hello I've just finished building a new pc but haven't been able to successfully install it via the USB i purchased on Amazon from Microsoft. When i get to the boot manager, i get the option for 32 or 64 bit. I use 64 bit so I choose that one. The "loading files" bar loads...
  9. Windows 10 fresh install fails

Windows 10 fresh install fails: Hi! I'm having a common issue and I've tried all of the fixes I've found online. I still have the issue I have two disks - the USB removable memory stick which contains the installer ISO image, and an M.2 Samsung 500GB drive. I'm doing a fresh install of windows 10 and...
  10. Windows 10 installation USB fails

Windows 10 installation USB fails: Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum and I hope in advance that you might be able to help me. I have recently added a new SSD and HDD to my old rig. I made a bootable USB with Windows 10 on it and when I try to install it, it all goes well. The problem occurs...