Windows 10: Fresh Win 10 Install, lots of event errors and warnings, audit failures, microstutter...

Discus and support Fresh Win 10 Install, lots of event errors and warnings, audit failures, microstutter... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get the majority of these events including security audit failures, DNS/DHCP errors, DistributedCOM warnings, CertificateServiceClient-CertEnroll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xake83k, May 29, 2023.

1. xake83k Win User

Fresh Win 10 Install, lots of event errors and warnings, audit failures, microstutter...

I get the majority of these events including security audit failures, DNS/DHCP errors, DistributedCOM warnings, CertificateServiceClient-CertEnroll errors, ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider warnings, WLAN-AutoConfig warnings, and Kernel-PnP errors on both Windows 10 and 11. I'm currently on a barebones clean install of Windows 10 created installation media and cleaned my whole drive and I'm still getting these events, most of them after I installed drivers. The problem with my system is that games have this microstutter/frametime spikes. When I play online players sort of skip around the

:)

xake83k, May 29, 2023
  2. jegesq Win User

System Integrity Event 5061 Security Audit Failure

Anyone notice that with the rollup update from August 17, that the Security section of Windows Logs in Event Viewer have now all been renamed to simply "Information" instead of "Audit Failure" or "Audit Success". Ever since upgrading to Win 10, I've
    been getting a lot of Audit Failures with Event ID 5061, which I presume is either related to one or more of the Nvidia drivers/programs, or is related to some other MS attempt to login to some server somewhere that fails (for reasons I've been unable to trace).
    MS has been getting a lot of questions on these forums about event 5061, and apparently lots of people were alarmed about the reports of "Audit Failures" for "System Integrity", believing that it meant something was definitely wrong with their systems.

I just noticed the change in language tonight in event viewer. Now everything, and I mean all events listed under Security logs is listed as "Information". Failures still show a "lock" icon, and success shows a "gold key" icon, but the descriptions are
    now simply "Information" only. You have to actually look hard to see whether it's a "failure" or "success".

Likely related, my Win10 system is unstable, and the Nvidia drivers keep crashing and recovering and then eventually crash the system. It does not seem to be at all predictable. I can be playing Solitaire, or looking at maps, or reviewing pictures in the
    Bing Photo Archives, or just downloading e-mail. The computer will stay up for a day or two and then whammo. Instability, crashing and a need to continually reboot until things calm down. Oh, and throw in a couple of BSOD's too, with the message "Your
    PC crashed ; (" and a report generating somewhere.

I figured Windows 10 might have some issues and I used a lot of preview builds with better luck than I'm having with a clean install of the final release version (downloaded and installed with an ISO). The machine is an older computer, running an Intel Core2
    Quad processor, but it runs both Win 8.1 and Win 7 with no issues at all....I mean flawlessly. Whereas Windows 10, installed on its own partition on a clean install, is just completely unstable, and unfit at all for any production work.

jegesq, May 29, 2023
  3. Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Windows 10

Hello,

A failure audit event is triggered when a defined action, such as a user logon, is not completed successfully.

The appearance of failure audit events in the event log does not necessarily mean that something is wrong with your system. For example, if you configure Audit Logon events, a failure event may simply mean that a user mistyped his or her password.

Advanced Security Auditing FAQ

Smittychat., May 29, 2023
  4. glnz Win User

Fresh Win 10 Install, lots of event errors and warnings, audit failures, microstutter...

Audit failures every reboot - Event 5061 - Cryptographic operation.

Before I upgrade my 10 to the Spring version, I did some more digging.

I looked at the sequence of Audit Successes before and after each Audit Failure - maybe they're related? Maybe the steps mean something? In the link below, I have pasted the "General" subwindows for the Event Viewer events closely preceding, including and following each of the two Audit Failures in my most recent bootup.

There seems to be some kind of pattern of the machine looking at the key, DELETING it, then looking for it again, then throwing the AUDIT FAILURE - maybe because it just deleted the key and the key isn't there any more - and then re-creating the key. Is the AUDIT FAILURE just the good result of a test that the key was successfully deleted?

But WHY is the machine doing this? Why delete and recreate? What's really going on?

Here's the link to the Word Online document in which I've pasted both Event Viewer sequences:
    <THIS LINK>

Any thoughts? (And am I interpreting the events correctly anyway?)

Thema:

1. Fresh Win 10 Install, lots of event errors and warnings, audit failures, microstutter... - Similar Threads - Fresh Install lots

2. Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer: Hello, i saw this in Event Viewer, is this normal? Its a lot it looks like but it could be normal but im not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-completed-audits-in-event-viewer/1c9b5edf-51a7-4199-9a46-c2d9034b3c86
  3. Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer: Hello, i saw this in Event Viewer, is this normal? Its a lot it looks like but it could be normal but im not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-completed-audits-in-event-viewer/1c9b5edf-51a7-4199-9a46-c2d9034b3c86
  4. Fresh Win 10 Install, lots of event errors and warnings, audit failures, microstutter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Win 10 Install, lots of event errors and warnings, audit failures, microstutter...: I get the majority of these events including security audit failures, DNS/DHCP errors, DistributedCOM warnings, CertificateServiceClient-CertEnroll errors, ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider warnings, WLAN-AutoConfig warnings, and Kernel-PnP errors on both Windows 10 and...
  5. Fresh Win 10 Install, lots of event errors and warnings, audit failures, microstutter...

Fresh Win 10 Install, lots of event errors and warnings, audit failures, microstutter...: I get the majority of these events including security audit failures, DNS/DHCP errors, DistributedCOM warnings, CertificateServiceClient-CertEnroll errors, ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider warnings, WLAN-AutoConfig warnings, and Kernel-PnP errors on both Windows 10 and...
  6. Event logs Audit Failure tracking

Event logs Audit Failure tracking: Hi guys,Today when i was inspecting security event logs at active directory server i realised we are recieving constant password brute force attacks from different user accounts.Usernames were seeming to be coming from a rainbow table as; Jessie, Jaxon, Clare...so onSource...
  7. Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer: Even with years of experience with Windows operating systems I am in the unenviable position of trying to diagnose an Audit Failure in the Event Viewer for Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop that just reared its ugly head recently. It is perhaps noteworthy that I am not seeing...
  8. Audit Failure reports in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audit Failure reports in Event Viewer: Since the PC upgraded to Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134.191, the event log on start up repeatedly gives the three different audit failures below. I have managed to clear all the other problems the event log has displayed but with these three I am at a lost as to the...
  9. Fresh Win 10 install Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh Win 10 install Event Viewer Errors: Got a reoccurring problem with my pc shutting down unexpectedly. Thought it might be a corrupt install so i reinstalled windows 10 and the errors came back anyway. Then after a couple re-installs later and bunch of research i still came up with nothing. So i installed my...
  10. Event Viewer -- Audit Failure 5061

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer -- Audit Failure 5061: I continue to get this event in the Event Log under Audit Failure. I never had in Windows 8.1 and it started after upgrading to 10. Does anyone have a clue about it? Cryptographic operation. Subject: Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name: xxxx Account Domain: xxxx...