Windows 10: Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Discus and support Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an MSI 990FXA-GB80 MoBo. I just installed two Crucial 500gig SSD's into my case and SATA3 to my MoBo. My previous SSD, a Mushkin, got corrupted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LindenBruce, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

I have an MSI 990FXA-GB80 MoBo. I just installed two Crucial 500gig SSD's into my case and SATA3 to my MoBo. My previous SSD, a Mushkin, got corrupted and died and I lost my recent data. SO, I decided I would do RAID 1 this time with the two Crucial SSD's. I have 16 gig of RAM. My processor is an AMD Phenom II X6 1075T. I also have a fresh Win 10 CD. My previous Windows was Win7 with a free upgrade to WIn10. I setup the RAID 1 in the MSI BIOS. Put in the Win 10 CD. And installed Windows. Everything went smoothly. Win10 was loaded on DISC 0. BUT. And isn't there always a But?

Did Windows actually install on BOTH of my SSD's? If not, do I have to install Windows on each SSD individually? The reason I ask is simple. I have an 320 gig HDD I wanted to use as a media storage device in this same machine. So after I got everything installed, I went into Control Panel and selected Storage Spaces to create that storage device. AND, it shows my other Crucial SSD DISC 1 AND the Seagate HDD as DISC2 as un-formatted and available for storage. Both are showing connected via RAID. DISC 1 is showing 465GIG capacity and it is a 500 GIG drive. So that 35 GIG's is WIN10?

Thanks, Bruce

:)

LindenBruce, Dec 24, 2018

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Need specifics on RAID 10

step 1) purchase a raid card that does raid 10 and has 4x mini sas. you will want at least 1024 ram on that chip.
    step 2) purchase 16 2 TB enterprise class constellation drives
    step 3) purchase another whole rig to do the same thing
    step 4) setup rsync to copy all of the changed data from server 1 to server 2
    step 5) buy 2 800 watt BBU (1 for each)

there.

Easy Rhino, Dec 24, 2018
  4. awalt Win User

Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Moving to RAID 0 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I am converting an existing Windows 10 Pro laptop to RAID 0 - and I keep getting to the final boot where it says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. What am I doing wrong? The laptop has two 1 TB Samsung 850 SSDs that are identical. Laptop is a HP Zbook 17.

Here are my steps:

1. Made a good System Image of C: drive on separate external SSD drive connected by USB. D: drive didn't have anything on it to be saved.
    2. Used Win 10 Pro DVD to delete all partitions/format drives.
    3. Went into BIOS and changed from AHCI to RAID, and also to turn on ability to do Control-I to get to Intel RST ROM.
    4. Rebooted, did Control-I, created a RAID 0 of the two disks.
    5. Rebooted, installed Windows 10 fresh. Verified it would reboot on its own.
    6. Rebooted, went into Repair on Windows 10 DVD. Selected external SSD image to do image restore from.
    7. Rebooted - verified on Control-I that the RAID 0 array is listed as "bootable"
    8. Rebooted - get INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

The place it dies - I see the little Windows 10 blue window, and the spinning circle at the bottom - then I get the blue screen with the message.

I think I listed everything I did - what am I missing?

awalt, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

1. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1 - Similar Threads - Fresh Pro install

2. Fresh install of Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of Win 10: I have an 2014 vintage ASUS Transformer that I would like to wipe clean and buy/install Windows 10. The problem is the original Win 8.1 install seems to be corrupt. It will not update, and if I try to refresh or reinstall, it wants the installation media, which I do not have....
  3. installing win 10 from win 7,,,technical question about raid 1

installing win 10 from win 7,,,technical question about raid 1: i need to install windows 10 in my old windows 7 pc due to win 7 is done in 10 days,,,will installing win 10 delete the raid 1 volume in my pc...or should i delete the raid volume before i install win 10....i really need some help,,i cannot afford another pc yet so i have to...
  4. Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1: Hello. First time poster to this sub. I have an SSD for a boot drive, and my data locations are on a Windows RAID 1 (made the array during the initial install about 18 months ago). This week I am planning on upgrading to a larger SSD on which I will reinstall Windows. My...
  5. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  6. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  7. Fresh Install Win 10

Fresh Install Win 10: My two PC were free upgraded to Win 10 last year. I want to re install the Win 10 on one of that PC due to virus in that PC which is not getting removed. My question is, how to re install Win 10 and how it will be activated. Do I need to note down some thing from this PC to...
  8. Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid: Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've added a hard drive to my system to enable raid 1 via windows 10 Pro (not hardware raid). my main drive has 4 partitions which were set up when I installed windows 8.1. I have since upgraded to 10 pro. I assume these partitions...
  9. Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install

Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install: I want to install windows 10 pro and win dev tools VS2015 Community... on my MacBook Pro 4-cores/16GB/256GB I have Windows 7 Pro license and VMWare Fusion Pro license What to do??? Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install...as a VM? Or have to...
  10. Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Question Regarding Raid & fresh clean install of Windows 10: Hello, I recently did the upgrade and update to windows 10 pro. I am happy with it and all is OK. What I am wondering, Is I need to do a clean install. So, I currently have a raid set up on it and I did not set it up. The great thing is the upgrade/update kept all my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem installing windows 10 pro to RAID

2. fresh windows 10 install on raid 1

3. windows 10 pro raid 1 setup

4. INSTALLING windows 10 pro ON RAID 1,
  5. raid 1 hdd win 10 blue screen