Windows 10: Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working

Discus and support Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I finally upgraded to win 10 and my computer is running very smoothly except for an issue with my backspace button, it doesn't work. It doesn't work on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LanceRage, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working

I finally upgraded to win 10 and my computer is running very smoothly except for an issue with my backspace button, it doesn't work. It doesn't work on the keyboard plugged into my pc, it doesn't work on my Bluetooth keyboard, it doesn't work on my onscreen keyboard. cntrl+backspace work to delete an entire row of text. I have turned turned sticky, toggle, and filter keys off. I have uninstalled the drivers and restarted my computer, whereupon the backspace works for a minute before stopping. I have checked for windows updates, I have run the keyboard troubleshooter, I have tried to update the keyboard drivers themselves. I am really at a loss here , any bright ideas out there?

Thanks,

Lancerage

submitted by /u/LanceRage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LanceRage, Nov 26, 2019

2. Backspace randomly stops working

I will be typing something and have to hit the backspace and it does not work unless I grab the mouse and click the curser in front on the sentence I am trying to backspace/ correct. It then works for several minutes but that is all. I'll be typing another
    email or something and randomly it stops working again. I cannot figure it out. Is this a windows 10 issue? I never had problems until I bought this new computer with windows 10.

BoltsnHalos, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working

Hi Hermes M,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

I understand that it can be quite frustrating when you cannot use your keyboard,
    we will look into this for you. To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. May I know the make and model of the system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system, prior to this issue?
    3. Which version of Windows is running on your PC?
    4. Do you have any other language packs installed on your system?

I suggest you to check for the language pack installed on your computer, if you have a different language pack installed, I recommend you to change the language to English (United States), follow the below steps, and check if that
    helps.

Step: Changing system language.

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. Click on Region & language.
    4. Under "Languages," check the language pack that you have selected.
    5. Press Windows key
      and Space bar toggles keyboard layout.
    6. Change to default keyboard layout, and check if the issue still persists.

Please reply for all the required information to help you further.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working

Backspace Key not working

I have this issue with Edge and only Edge. I will often lose the backspace functionality when typing an e-mail into an OWA window. If I mouse click on the window, suddenly my backspace works until the next time I need it. Very annoying.

DeaconFrost, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working

1. Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working - Similar Threads - Fresh Win10 Install

2. Windows store not working after fresh install of Win10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store not working after fresh install of Win10: As the title suggests, the windows store app is no longer functioning and does not show up in any of my troubleshooting steps. I can physically see the tile in the windows start menu, but nothing happens when I click it does not show up in the apps & features listI've tried...
  3. Fresh Win10 install, intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Win10 install, intermittent freezing: Brand new Alienware Aurora R9, wiped with fresh install fully patched Win 10 Home. I installed only Chrome, nVidia GeForce Experience and up-to-date drivers, and one game, and started experiencing occasional freezes. I thought the machine had locked up and that perhaps I had...
  4. Fresh win10 install on sshd

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh win10 install on sshd: I had to do my build over as I was having issue with my firecuda sshd booting or even accepting win 10 after cleaning and formatting and redownloading I reinstalled from usb to the ssd win 10 os this time I got a miracle and with the ssd being the only thing in my bios that...
  5. Fresh Win10 install on Thinkstation S20

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Win10 install on Thinkstation S20: Hi. I decided to do a fresh install of windows 10, however when it first boots into windows none of the usb ports work (I'm thinking it's a driver issue). What are my options here? I cannot continue setup without any keyboard or mouse interaction. 145674
  6. After install fresh Win10 keyboard and touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After install fresh Win10 keyboard and touchpad not working: When i install a fresh Win10x64Pro and install all drivers after reboot my keyboard and touchpad not working? Laptop not desktop HP Pavilion 15 d051su 137928
  7. backspace not working

backspace not working: My backspace key is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-not-working/43ad5f5f-8fc0-4067-bda6-76f603acc111
  8. Some internet processes don't work on fresh win10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some internet processes don't work on fresh win10 install: I just got a new laptop and I proceeded to freshly install windows 10 on it because I don't want all the bloatwear that manufacturers include. I completed the windows install. Logged into the system and went straight to updates. I proceeded to install all of the available...
  9. Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working

Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working: So, my keyboard and computer (desktop, not a laptop), have been working fine for as long as I can remember, but out of nowhere, starting like 2 and a half hours ago, my keyboard's backspace and enter keys have completely ceased any and all kinds of functionality. First I...
  10. Various BSOD's on fresh installed win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSOD's on fresh installed win10: Hi, Laptop ASUS UX305FA Fresh installed system crashes every 10-15 mins with various BSODS, Please see attached dumps and logs. Thanks. 43048