Windows 10: Fresh Win10 install, stuck on "Needs Update"

Discus and support Fresh Win10 install, stuck on "Needs Update" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Motherboard - GA-H61M-DS2 8GB RAM Graphics - 5700 XT Hard drive - 1TB Seagate Barracuda After having my PC working for two years completely fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Azriella, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azriella Win User

Fresh Win10 install, stuck on "Needs Update"

Motherboard - GA-H61M-DS2

8GB RAM

Graphics - 5700 XT

Hard drive - 1TB Seagate Barracuda

After having my PC working for two years completely fine, I noticed that whoever made my PC appeared to have done the Windows install onto my HDD and then transferred the Windows files to my SSD not stated because is not relevant to the current issue but is 250GB Kingston

So, since I have a new hard drive, I've been trying to boot with just that and my SSD in since I use Windows on my SSD, but to no avail obviously, since there's no boot items on my SSD. Taken all the drives out and cleaned my old hard drive the 1TB Seagate and reformatted it to a GPT, windows installed fresh to it. But, my issue is, after the install completed and it restarted, it went through the black screen while saying setting up and did that fine, then it rebooted and ever since keeps coming up "We restarted your PC because we ran into an issue and think an update will help" or something similar to that I don't have the exact wording up right now, and then it does the "Just a moment" screen and then reboots and then after a while on the black loading screen, it does the same thing again.

I've tried taking out the USB that had windows installed on to install to the drive, to see if that made a difference, but so far to no avail. This time around having done the above, it seems to be taking longer on the Just a moment screen, so I'm stupidly hopeful that it is actually doing something this time.

My main question is, is there something I'm doing wrong or has something gone wrong and how do I fix this so it actually can boot into windows? I should also state, I'm trying to install Windows onto my old hard drive so that I can clean my SSD and then install windows onto that. I don't have any other PC I can use to do that or any other means of back up other than the drives I own

:)

Azriella, Jan 20, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 20, 2021
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

Hello
    Win10: Windows update is stuck at never ending loop ? ( Last Win10 updates in 2017 ). Can't update the laptop. Genuine Win10 on a HP 2015 17.3" laptop that originally had Win8. ( CPU:AMD A9, GPU:Radeon R5 ).

If I download this below file does it manually install the latest updates of Win10 (=2018 April Update) without losing any files currently on the machine ? ( Mainly paid Office 2013 )
    MediaCreationTool1803.exe
    Download Windows 10

user33331, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Fresh Win10 install, stuck on "Needs Update"

Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Fresh Win10 install, stuck on "Needs Update"

1. Fresh Win10 install, stuck on "Needs Update" - Similar Threads - Fresh Win10 install

2. i5-2500k based PC fresh win10 install stuck w/ BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i5-2500k based PC fresh win10 install stuck w/ BSOD: Ok, my daughter is going away for college and strangely asked for a desktop for casual gaming CSGO, in addition to her macbook. I have an old build laying around collecting dust so I thought I'll refresh it for her. Here's the spec:i5-2500k sandy brdigeAsus Maximum IV Gene-z...
  3. No inet DURING fresh install win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No inet DURING fresh install win10: Does anyone know why win10 is not recognizing my inet during fresh install setup. It worked fine the first time installed win10, now it says no inet connection and I have to do a limited setup. I am not talking about after its installed. I'm talking about during...
  4. Fresh Win10 install, intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Win10 install, intermittent freezing: Brand new Alienware Aurora R9, wiped with fresh install fully patched Win 10 Home. I installed only Chrome, nVidia GeForce Experience and up-to-date drivers, and one game, and started experiencing occasional freezes. I thought the machine had locked up and that perhaps I had...
  5. Win10 update stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 update stuck: Have a win10 home PC My Win10 build is 17763.1098 Ver 1809 I cant seem get the update 2019-12 update KB4023057 to install . It keeps saying it will try again later . Error 0x80070002 I have looked on the MS catalog site but the file is not their at all , so i cant install...
  6. Fresh win10 install on sshd

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh win10 install on sshd: I had to do my build over as I was having issue with my firecuda sshd booting or even accepting win 10 after cleaning and formatting and redownloading I reinstalled from usb to the ssd win 10 os this time I got a miracle and with the ssd being the only thing in my bios that...
  7. Win10 Update Stuck

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Update Stuck: Hi Folks, this update has been attempted 4 times and has been as in my image for over 1 hour. Tried a restart after attempts 1-3 only to return to where it is now. - [img] 151522
  8. Fresh Win10 install on Thinkstation S20

Fresh Win10 install on Thinkstation S20: Hi. I decided to do a fresh install of windows 10, however when it first boots into windows none of the usb ports work (I'm thinking it's a driver issue). What are my options here? I cannot continue setup without any keyboard or mouse interaction. 145674
  9. Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates.

Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates.: As the title says. I just bought Windows 10 online and as I went through the installation process it went to checking for updates and seems to be stuck there. I chose to upgrade because my new processor wasn’t supported by Windows 7. I’m still on Windows 7 as I type this....
  10. Various BSOD's on fresh installed win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSOD's on fresh installed win10: Hi, Laptop ASUS UX305FA Fresh installed system crashes every 10-15 mins with various BSODS, Please see attached dumps and logs. Thanks. 43048