Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10. Case fan/LEDs and CPU fan stay on after shutdown

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10. Case fan/LEDs and CPU fan stay on after shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just built a new PC. All parts are brand new. Here are the specs: CPU: Intel i3-8100 GPU: NVidia 1050ti Motherboard: MSI B360M Gaming Plus RAM:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gsun01, Dec 3, 2018.

1. gsun01 Win User

Fresh Windows 10. Case fan/LEDs and CPU fan stay on after shutdown

I just built a new PC. All parts are brand new. Here are the specs:

CPU: Intel i3-8100

GPU: NVidia 1050ti

Motherboard: MSI B360M Gaming Plus

RAM: 1x8 Gb G.SKill 3000 MHz

Storage: Samsung 960Evo 500 Gb

PSU: Evga bronze 80+ 500W

Case: Rosewill Gram

I have installed windows 10 and all drivers, and when I click shutdown, the OS will shut down. The monitor goes dark and says no signal. However, the 2 case fans and leds stay on, and the cpu fan also stays on. The only way to turn these off completely is to hold down the physical power button on my case for several seconds. I have verified that I have truly clicked "Shut Down" and the power button is not Sleep. Additionally, I have disabled windows Fast Boot. Since I have a MSI motherboard, I have gone into the BIOS, verified that MSI Fast Boot and Fast Boot are disabled. ErP is disabled. I have even flashed to latest version of my BIOS. When in windows, I have disabled "Intel Management Engine" driver because I cannot roll back to the earlier v9.5 as some other people have suggested. I have even re-installed windows.

Everything that I have just written I have found as suggestions to people with this problem after many hours searching the internet. However, nothing has worked. Not only is my case fans/cpu fans not turning off a very annoying problem, but I believe that it is preventing my computer from restarting and rebooting from BIOS.

:)

gsun01, Dec 3, 2018

2. power led and fan are remains on after shutdown

After updating windows 8.1 to windows 10 my hp envy 15-k111tx laptop don't get shut down properly. the power led and laptop fan are continuously on after shutting down the system until battery gets totally drained. so basically, i have to force shutdown
    to my laptop by pressing power button for 5 sec. plz fix this ASAP because i tried every possible ways just only way is remaining is intel management engine version 9.5 installation but it not installing in win 10.

ShiddhantHawlader, Dec 3, 2018
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    Cpu fan not running on cold boot

Gigabyte GA_990fxa-ud5 cpu fan set to automatic.

Push / pull liquid cooled 9370 amd 8 core.

On first cold boot the fans will start as the system

and run fine for a few seconds.

As the bios screen comes up, the fans spin down and

try to restart, moving but never full rotation.

Both stay it that state until after logging into the system

, approximately one to two minutes, the inside fan starts

and about ten seconds later the outside fan rubs properly.

This was not the case before the last january 2016 updates.

The system bios cooling settings have not been changed.

Any help on this, thanks.

kjl1956, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Fresh Windows 10. Case fan/LEDs and CPU fan stay on after shutdown

CPU fan error

I get the 511 cpu fan not detected and press F1, yet when the computer boots up, the fan is running. I am using windows 10. Why do I keep getting this when I turn on my desk top?

JaniceWiegartner, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Fresh Windows 10. Case fan/LEDs and CPU fan stay on after shutdown

1. Fresh Windows 10. Case fan/LEDs and CPU fan stay on after shutdown - Similar Threads - Fresh Case fan

2. CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan: Hey all! So I was having issues with my cooler and replaced it recently with the 212 RGB Black edition. Naturally I put the cpu fan connecter on the heatsink to the cpu fan header and I put the previous back exhaust fan that was connected to the radiator next to it, which was...
  3. Case Fans Acting Weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Case Fans Acting Weird: So the case fans on my system are a bit strange, they're both set with the exact same fan curve, both are PWM and are set to base their speed off of the CPU temps. When I first built the system, I knew I already had a bad fan header, because anything plugged into it was given...
  4. RE: Computer does not boot but cpu fans, case fans and other peropherals have electricity.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RE: Computer does not boot but cpu fans, case fans and other peropherals have electricity.: Just like the subject said. My computer does not boot. It just turns on but the screen is still black. The only time it boots is when I remove one ram. I did the memory check but no problems were found. Tried updating my bios ga-h81m-ds2v but to I can’t update it....
  5. windows 10 pro fan staying on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 pro fan staying on: hi , I have recently purchased a new desk top pc with windows 10 pro when I shut the pc off the fan speed increases and stays on, it also does the same when its put into sleep mode, what can I do to fix it thanks...
  6. Cpu fan problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cpu fan problem?: Hello. So today I checked my PC temps from aida64 and saw something strange. CPU temp was jumping to 2000, 1800 then 1000rpm and then didn't show at all. Ofc I checked my CPU fan right away but it was working normal. Then I checked maybe it's something with bios and same...
  7. CPU fan issues

CPU fan issues: Hey everyone, Been digging around for a few days and haven't been able to find an answer myself so I figured I try here. My CPU (i7-6700k) has been running hot (90'C+). The other day I noticed the fan wasn't even spinning while that hot and even when hitting 100'C. Also...
  8. cpu fan

cpu fan: will the cpu fan run without the o/s installed-----putting together a new system and testing individual pieces 66923
  9. case fan connectors

case fan connectors: ASROCK Extreme 4 mobo i7-3770K 16 GB RAM My final build and almost done. The case has a 120mm fan that has both a 4-Pin molex connector and a 3-Pin chassis fan connector I'm thinking I only need to plug one in. The 4-pin connector will be continuous fan or the 3-pin...
  10. PC won't shutdown, fans & LEDs on, results in error 6608

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't shutdown, fans & LEDs on, results in error 6608: Hi there, I've searched and searched but all to no avail. I built a PC a couple of months back and the last few weeks I've had this really annoying problem occurring randomly, but more often. I use the PC, go to shut it down (start > shutdown), but can also be a restart,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu fans on after shutdown

2. fans and leds on after shutdown

3. fan on even after shut down windows 10

4. windows 10 fans staying on,
  5. windows 10 fans stay on shutdown