Windows 10: Fresh Windows 10 crashing with BSOD

Discus and support Fresh Windows 10 crashing with BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problematic system that I can't seem to diagnose. Hardware: Intel i9-9900k @ 3.6GHz stock ASUSTek ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming BIOS version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by st0m, Sep 2, 2020.

1. st0m Win User

Fresh Windows 10 crashing with BSOD

I have a problematic system that I can't seem to diagnose.

Hardware:

• Intel i9-9900k @ 3.6GHz stock
    • ASUSTek ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming BIOS version 1602 - latest version at time of this post
    • 48GB RAM 2x8GB + 2X16GB G.SKILL DDR4 3200 @ 1069MHz
    • NVidia Quadro K2200
    • Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB OS drive
    • WD 1002FAEX-00Z3A0 1TB Data drive
    • Corsair RM750x CP-9020179-NA 750W PSU
    • No optical drives

Hardware test status:

• Completed 8 successful passes in MemTest86+ an overnight run
    • Ran Prime95 for 12+ hours with no problems
    • All power cables checked, re-seated.
    • GPU passed FurMark run overnight
    • System is clean. Not an overheating issue, even when running P95.
    • Hard drives SMART attributes all look good.
    • Checked over the motherboard and GPU for signs of damaged/bulging/leaking caps. All fine.

Software status:

• All Windows updates applied.
    • System scanned and verified clean with MBAM and Avast.
    • Motherboard BIOS updated to latest version 1602. Reset multiple times.
    • Used DDU to remove GPU drivers. Reinstalled with latest version.
    • Installed latest drivers from Asus website for:
      • Audio
      • LAN
      • Wireless
      • Firmware
      • Chipset
      • Bluetooth

Windows:

The system was reinstalled on the 9th June 2020 with a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro v2004 via USB and the installation went smoothly. System was working fine until the 3rd August when the crashes started.

Windows Reliability Monitor [WRM] showed a problem with the ASUS ArmouryCrate ArmouryIgoService.exe service crashing. This service was installed during the initial setup, after being prompted by the first-time setup wizard. I removed the service - along with several other bits of Asus bloat that came with it - and disabled the option to install it in the BIOS. This was a new one to me, I've never been prompted to install 3rd party software during the Windows first time setup before, but it appears to be a feature on these boards.

Further BSODs occurred after this with a variety of programs, such as Blender, Discord, Adobe Premiere, and a couple of games. I have attached links to screenshots of the WRM at the bottom of this post if that is of use. The crashes seem to occur most often when clicking links, or trying to download files.

Inspection of a few of the dump files using Nirsoft's Blue Screen View shows a variety of error messages, including:

• KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - 0x0000001e
      • fwpkclnt.sys only shows in some dumps
      • ntoskrnl.exe
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - 0x0000003b
      • ntoskrnl.exe

Several of the dump files are available to download in a RAR archive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QCRFnRWO9GffE4Mc_-ru_oZH_AfEWGQ0/view?usp=sharing

Windows Reliability Monitor screenshots:

Any and all help is appreciated. At this point I'm wondering if it's a bad NIC, or bad core. Any suggestions?

:)

st0m, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 2, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Mafia 2 crashes on Windows 10

I will try an update to Windows 10 from 8.1 bcs i noticed the first time I did that everything I had installed at the time also Arcsoft TotalMeda Theatre worked fine but when I did a Windows 10 fresh install my Windows 10 just showed BSOD while starting it.

puma99dk|, Sep 2, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Fresh Windows 10 crashing with BSOD - Similar Threads - Fresh crashing BSOD

2. BSOD crash - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD after fresh Windows 11 reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD crash - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD after fresh Windows 11 reset.: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNwdxeDm8wVhuspBajoVOfAkcZBgg?e=ywzKYOI've started getting a series of 3 different BSOD errors, alternating, after I turned off all overlocking, in the bios, in msi afterburnersaving inside the program after returning settings to default settings, and...
  3. BSOD crash - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD after fresh Windows 11 reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD crash - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD after fresh Windows 11 reset.: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNwdxeDm8wVhuspBajoVOfAkcZBgg?e=ywzKYOI've started getting a series of 3 different BSOD errors, alternating, after I turned off all overlocking, in the bios, in msi afterburnersaving inside the program after returning settings to default settings, and...
  4. Random game crashes, BSODs on a fresh install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random game crashes, BSODs on a fresh install of Windows: Hi, I recently bought a new desktop 2-3 days ago. Specifications are as shown:1. INTEL I5 13600KF 2. ASROCK B660M PRO3. PATRIOT Viper Steel DDr4 3200 CL16 2x16 GB Kit.4. LEXAR NM620 2TB NVME M.2 SSD5. Deepcool PM850D 80+ Gold6. RTX 4070 TIOne of the BSOD error messages was...
  5. Random game crashes, BSODs on a fresh install of Windows

Random game crashes, BSODs on a fresh install of Windows: Hi, I recently bought a new desktop 2-3 days ago. Specifications are as shown:1. INTEL I5 13600KF 2. ASROCK B660M PRO3. PATRIOT Viper Steel DDr4 3200 CL16 2x16 GB Kit.4. LEXAR NM620 2TB NVME M.2 SSD5. Deepcool PM850D 80+ Gold6. RTX 4070 TIOne of the BSOD error messages was...
  6. Random game crashes, BSODs on a fresh install of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 fresh installation BSOD: HelloToday I installed windows 10 on a new SSD drive. From time to time it would throw me a BSOD. Usually it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I think I temporarily fixed the problem by changing the Start value in...
  8. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

Window 10 fresh installation BSOD: HelloToday I installed windows 10 on a new SSD drive. From time to time it would throw me a BSOD. Usually it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I think I temporarily fixed the problem by changing the Start value in...
  9. BSoD on a fresh install of Windows 10

BSoD on a fresh install of Windows 10: Hello! First time here and I am really hoping someone could help me figure this out. I am having constant BSoDs and I have tried fixing the error codes that pop on the screen. I went as far as doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and I still keep getting them. I have searched...
  10. Fresh windows 10, bsod

Fresh windows 10, bsod: I had windows 7, and decided to upgrade to windows 10. The installation went smooth and i started using it with no problem. After around 1 week later i got bsod all the time and where unable to get into the computer. After a few days it decided to randomly work, and stupid...